Chapter 17

Search Of The Black Pearl (1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hongbin stood in front of an hidden old path that was covered by the trees. He looked around and tapped his right heel three times. Suddenly, the trees that blocked the hidden way opened. He gulped, stepping into the old familiar path. His Master had convinced him to meet her, so here he was, back in Korea, in front of the path that led him to her.

            He took careful steps until a huge weeping willow was in sight. He remembered the place oh so well. Nothing looked different, except for the tree's leaves that were falling like autumn was near. But it wasn't. It was almost spring in Korea.

            Suddenly, the harsh wind picked up and blocked Hongbin. He took a step back and touched the red rose that was leaning over him.

"It's me..." he touched the rose's petals, and as if the rose recognized him, it moved away. The wind stopped, letting Hongbin keep walking towards the tree.

            There she stood; looking tired and lonely. Her branches touched the ground, and every time the light wind went through them, it stole more and more leaves off her.

"Lea..." the name came out without his permission. The tree turned, and suddenly, the leaves that were on the ground raised, forming into an image of what she used to be.

"Bin-ah!" the person made out of leave exclaimed as she swifted over to him. "Bin-ha! It's been forever since I saw you. How have you been? You look different. What happened to you? You don't have a mustache anymore. And your hair... it's not long. Or black. Bin-ah, what had happened to you?"

"Ria." Hongbin spoke her real name.

"Wow, it's been forever since someone called my name. Now everyone seems to think of me as Lea the weeping willow tree, not Ria, the girl who was cursed." She spoke in a bubbly voice Hongbin used to love. "Bin-ah..." she spoke, "I've missed you so much"

"I haven't. I still remember what you told me. I'm here because Master sent me here." he spoke in a firm voice even though it wasn't true. He missed her like crazy. He still loved her, and only wished she could feel his feelings so that she could return them. But it was hard. She was a tree.

"Bin-ah..." the girl made out of leaves dropped her hands to her side. Hongbin wanted to give a hug to the girl, but he was afraid that the leaves would fall and she would disappear.

"Tell me what you told me last time" Hongbin said, and the girl looked at him.

"I don't want to."

"Tell me. What does it mean? One must die for the other? What is that supposed to mean? Thanks to you, Exo has found out about the Black Pearl. Tell me what you told them. Explain what you told me last time I saw you."

"Bin-ah... I didn't mean to say those words. I never meant to bring harm to you - any of you - or her."

"Too late now... Tell me" Lea, or Ria, moved back to her tree and suddenly, the tree glowed.

"Black Pearl; the famous girl,

Curse of the cure, cure for the cursed.

Two will unite, one must die,

Healing will depend on the hurt.

Seekers will near, Protectors will fear,

Soon, they'll take away,

the famous Black Pearl"

 

            The light went dim and the lady made of leaves stood in front of the boy.

"Now tell me, what did you tell Exo?"

"The same thing I told you"

"Do they know about... what you told me about..."

"No" The girl looked away. "But let me warn you, Bin-ah, they are close. Soon, they'll find out the truth. Then they'll come for you. Please protect her. You know what happens... one touch can ruin everything." Ria reached for his face but he turned away.

"Don't tell me things I already know" Hongbin's yell echoed through the meadow. "Tell me something I don't know" his voice became a whisper as the girl disappeared and the tree glowed again.

"Once a poem is written, it's written forever,

Once a song sung, it will sing forever,

Once a scar is given, it will stay forever,

But once the Pearl is gone, it's gone forever.

Mother will kill to get the power,

Father will protect with all his might.

Mother is no longer the mother;

Just an evil wanting the cursed treasure.

Yet father stays faithful; protecting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter