Haircut.

Haircut.

Can you come help me finish cutting my hair down at Kristy’s place?”, you asked, well, more like pleaded.

Why can’t you just ask one of them to do it?”, Yukwon replied.

Because you know how I like my hair! Come oonnn~!!”, you begged.

Fine, okay. Now stop making that face”, he said, finally giving in.

Yay! Thank you! I’ll go grab a light jacket really quick!

You rushed off to your room. You heard the guys joking around saying that you and Yukwon were like an old married couple. That made you smile.

———

The both of you had been friends for a really long time and eventually ended up moving in together. But as roommates. You were secretly in love with him but you knew he didn’t see you that way. Plus, he already had someone he liked so you never bothered. You were content with just being able to be near him, to go to bed with him, to wake up to him. Even though you, of course, slept in different rooms, but the feeling was still the same to you. The fact that he was really considerate about not bringing home the girls he dated at certain times was something you were thankful for as well. You didn’t know how you’d feel or react of he did…

———

You pulled on your light, zip up hoodie as you and Yukwon walked down the street. It was a good thing your friend only lived a few doors down. A bunch of your friends and his friends were over but the girls were down at Kristy’s house and the guys were hanging out at yours and Yukwons place.

Hey! Wait up!”, someone yelled.

The both of you turned around to see who it was. It was Mark, Kristy’s boyfriend. He finally caught up and the three of you continued to walk.

———

After you got there, you pulled out a chair and dragged it out to the side of the house while Yukwon grabbed scissors, a comb and a spray bottle.

Sit still!”, he scolded.

I am!”, you whined.

Fine, it’s not my fault if your hair messes up”, he mumbled.

Look at them, why don’t they just go out?”, you heard Kristy say.

That’s what we were talking about up there too!”, Mark chimed in, laughing.

B-but they’re just friends…right?”, you heard someone say hesitantly.

You turned around to see who it was. It was one of Kristy’s friends. A girl named Anita.

Don’t worry, we’re just friends”, you reassured her with a smile.

Stop!”, Yukwon demanded.

Didn’t I tell you to stop moving? Now turn back around so I can finish”.

You did as you were told. You sat there with your hands between your thighs. He combed your hair this way and that way, cutting and snipping away at the ends. While he did that, your thoughts made you uneasy. That girl Anita, you weren’t close to her and she just recently started coming around but you knew for a fact that she liked Yukwon. The both of you were always together and you saw the way she stole glances at him from time to time or full on stared. But you quickly shook the thought out of your head, resulting in you actually shaking your head. You heard him sigh heavily.

Oops”, you whispered, shoulders tensing up, ready to get an earful.

I was just getting ticklish from all the hair”, you said quickly trying to defend yourself.

You’re lucky I’m done”, he replied surprisingly calm.

Hey”, he said grabbing Mark by the arm as he walked by.

Look at her hair and tell me if it looks okay”.

Hm? Okay”, he replied.

Suddenly, the chair was tilting back.

Don’t!”, you shouted.

Don’t worry, I got you”, he said trying to reassure you.

I just want to properly show him the layers”.

He said it reassuringly but then the chair suddenly started feeling like it was falling. You twisted your body in an attempt to catch yourself. You and the chair hit the ground with a loud thud and clanking sound. You landed halfway on your side, just barely managing to catch yourself with your hands. You let out a loud wail as you sat up. Yukwon immediately squatted down next to you, grabbing the arm you fell down on, pulling up the sleeve of your hoodie and examined your arm.

My nail broke!”, you whined.

And look! My hands and elbows are all scrapped up! Look!”, you whined, shaking off his grasp and shoving your hand in his face.

My hoodie has a hole in it now! This was my favorite one too! I should’ve never worn it”, you continued complaining.

Out of all things, you would complain about your nails first”, he replied, trying to hold back his laughter.

Are you okay?”, he chuckled, helping you up to your feet.

You huffed and made a face at him and shoved him away as you walked towards the house.

Are you okay?”, the girls asked simultaneously.

We heard something fall and then saw you sitting on the ground”.

Yeah, I’m okay. Thank for asking”, you reassured them.

No thanks to stupid Yukwon”, You muttered afterwards.

Where do you keep your band aids and do you have any rubbing alcohol and neosporin?

———

You walked back outside, inspecting your newly bandaged palms and elbow. You looked up and saw Yukwon half sitting, half leaning, holding onto the porch railing and Anita standing in front of him looking a bit fidgety and nervous. She was talking and he was smiling and nodding as he listened to her. He noticed you and politely excused himself and walked towards you. You caught a glimpse of Anita’s face and she looked a bit disappointed. You couldn’t deny the fact that it made you a little happy that he came to you once he saw you, but then you felt bad for feeling that way at the same time.

———

Anita approached Yukwon soon after the little incident and they ended up talking about music and he found out they had similar taste. Then he spotted ______.

I’m sorry, but could you excuse me for a second?”, he asked politely.

H-huh?”, she asked, following his gaze.

O-oh, o-okay”, she stuttered.

He smiled at her and walked towards his friend. She stood there and crossed her arms with a scowl on her face. She looked so cute when she did things like that…

What? Don’t look at me like that”, he said smiling.

How are you feeling champ?

I got you”, she mocked in a nasally voice.

I’m sorry”, he chuckled.

My hand slipped”.

Or it’s just because you’re weak”, she muttered.

No, I’m pretty strong”, he said confidently, looking down at his body.

Then it’s because I’m just too fat huh?!”, she challenged.

No!”, he said immediately, unable to hold his laughter.

It’s nothing like that!

Then why are you laughing!”, she yelled, pouting at him.

Why are you two arguing? By the way, are you okay?”, Mark asked as he walked up.

Because I’m too fat for him to hold up”, she said, glaring at him because he couldn’t stop giggling.

I said it’s not like that!”, he defended, but with all his giggling he didn’t sound too convincing.

But yeah, I’m okay. I’m just gonna go up to the house and shower and change clothes real quick and come back”, she finished.

I’m gonna head back up there too”, Yukwon added.

Huh? Why?”, she asked.

I have to check and see if the rest of the guys made a mess or not, duh”, he teased.

Plus, Anita wants to see my music collection”, he said turning to look at her.

Ahh, okay”, she replied.

He could’ve sworn he heard a bit of disappointment in her voice but he knew better.

———

He called Anita over and the three of you began walking. You walked a little faster because you didn’t want to see the two being so friendly. You heard a little yelp and turned around.

Are you okay?”, Yukwon asked worriedly.

Y-yeah, I’m fine. I’m such a klutz”, she whispered quietly.

Apparently she slipped off the curb and Yukwon caught her in time before she fell. He had an arm around her, holding her up. You felt like your heart was being squeezed. You cleared your throat and attempted a little chuckle.

So you’re strong enough to catch her but not me?”, you said without thinking.

Then you realized that might have sounded a little harsh.

I guess I really am fat huh?”, you said jokingly.

You added in a smile and laugh to try and sound like you were just playing around. Yukwon looked a bit apologetic.

———

Yukwon saw his friend standing there. He knew she was just joking around but somehow he felt like her words had a bit of sadness to them. For some reason he started to feel really bad.

But I sa—”, he began.

Are you okay Anita?”, she asked cutting him off, turning her attention to the girl in his arms.

He couldn’t do anything but his teeth and sigh. When she was mad at him, there was no way he could reason with her. But the thing is, he didn’t know why she was mad at him, because she obviously was. Even if no one picked up on it, he did. They’d been friends for so long now, he was easily able to read her emotions. Most of the time anyways.

Mm, I’m okay”, Anita answered, nodding a little.

She lightly shrugged off his hold and tried to walk, but stumbled again. He quickly caught her.

I-it’s okay. I can walk by myself”, Anita said quietly.

Don’t worry about it, I’ll help you”, he replied.

Once we get to the house I’ll check and see if it’s sprained or anything. We should ice it just in case”, he finished.

She thanked him and smiled shyly at him. Her personality was so different than ______’s harsh yet bold personality. It’d be nice to see ______ like that once in a while, if that happened, he might actually fall for her because in a sense, she was the perfect girl. But he knew that’d never happen, not in a million years. She was too boyish and much too proud to act like that. He chuckled at the thought and happened to look up at her. She was staring at him with an expression he couldn’t quite figure out, slightly hanging open. She sort of looked vulnerable and sad, like a kid whose toy had been taken but he didn’t want to tell anyone and just let it happen. That caught him off guard.

———

You stood there watching the two interact so, so lovingly. Yukwon looked up and met your gaze. When you realized you were staring, you quickly cleared your throat.

Well, be careful okay Anita? Just let him help you. You don’t want to possibly hurt yourself any further”, you said as calmly as possible.

I’m gonna go on ahead. All this hair caught in my clothes are making me itchy”, you chuckled.

O-okay”, she answered, looking a little nervous.

You quickly turned around and started walking. Tears were beginning to sting at your eyes. You took a deep breath, exhaled slowly and attempted to blink them away. To put some distance between you and the two, you walked a little faster.

Obviously you got home faster with him helping her walk slowly and all. You tried to avoid contact with the guys as you entered the house and walked through them with a smile and a nod to not come off as rude. You quickly took off your jacket and threw it in the laundry basket. You headed for your bedroom and closed the door, locking it. With both of your hands pressed up against the door, you leaned your forehead on it as well. You closed your eyes and felt a tear escape and roll down your cheek. You bit your lip in an attempt to stifle your sobs as you heard Yukwon and Anita enter the apartment. This was the first time he ever brought a girl home…