Chapter 2 - The one who turned dark..

You, who are an Angel...

Two years ago, Choi Alice was brutally murdered. She was found dead by her younger sister, Choi Hana, who disappeared out of nowhere and was never found again. The police searched for the female but had no luck so they stopped their search after two months of no clues. Hana was never found…

However, one day…

Daniel’s mother got sick due to the cold weather and her hard working, even though his father was slightly rich, he lived in a small apartment with his single mother and his younger siblings. Just like Hana, he’s a child of an affair his father had with a maid but unlike Hana’s father, Daniel’s father kicked Daniel and his mother out of the mansion they lived at, leaving them with nothing and nowhere to go, and to make things worse, Daniel’s mother was almost full term pregnant with his younger twin siblings. It was Alice who helped them going back to Korea, where they are now slightly happier. Daniel’s father died on a car crash when he was 12. He doesn’t recall his face very well, but still recalls his dark memories.

Daniel decided that he was the one going to the groceries store instead of his brothers. He wanted them to study as much as they could so that they could get a good job in the future. He grabbed his keys and wallet and left the house as both brothers waved happily at him and wished him a safe trip. The groceries store wasn’t that far, just two blocks away from Daniel’s apartment.

The weather was extremely cold, but it didn’t bother Daniel much. He stopped to cross the street. Looking at his phone, he smiled as he saw he had received a message from Junghoon. It had a picture attached to it and it could be read “My new dog ! I called him Danny because he looks like you~ Bleh ♥”. Daniel closed his phone but as he was doing such, he received a mysterious call. Strangely looking at it, he answered.

“Hello ?” He questioned.

“You grew up…” A female voice was heard on the other side of the phone. That voice gave shivers to Daniel’s spine. It sounded so familiar…

“Ha…na…?” That was the name that immediately came out of Daniel’s mouth. He was shaking. He couldn’t believe that it was the girl. He looked at the front to see a female dressed in black with a dragon tattoo on her neck staring right at him with a smile on her lips. The person hung up and turned around, disappearing into the crowed. Daniel broke the crowed and ran towards the girl. However, that was a place where cars were constantly passing by, and he got hit by a car.

The girl walked into an alley, her hands in her pockets and her head slightly down. In the same alley, there was a male that seemed to be way older than her. The man tilted his head upwards, chuckling lightly as the girl passed by him.

“Hana, do you know that your friend just got hit by a damn car ? Shouldn’t you be running towards him like a little baby ?” The male said, holding his hand against his mouth and slightly laughing. The girl stopped, still looking down.

“Kim Himchan, if you don’t want to your balls to be cut off, then shut your mouth and mind your own business.” Hana replied, kicking a rock as she kept walking. The male blinked and chuckled lightly, following the smaller female. On his arm, it was the same tattoo Hana had on her neck, a black dragon.

 

The only thing Daniel remembers doing is wake up at the hospital with a crying Junghoon on top of him. Junghoon, who never cries, was actually doing such, and the worst of all it was because of Daniel. They got really close during those two years Hana was gone.  Daniel started talking more and paying attention to class while Junghoon started calming down a bit and became a good student.

“Are these tears…?” Daniel questioned as he held his hand on Junghoon’s cheek, cleaning the younger’s tears.

“Idioooot !! Why did you run towards the car !!?” Junghoon shouted, hugging the elder tightly. He rubbed his nose against Daniel’s shoulder, sobbing lightly. “Your mom was worried. She wanted to come but your brothers didn’t let her. So I came on her behalf…” Junghoon explained, now calming down, knowing that Daniel was alright.

“Ah…Thank you. She’s sick, that’s why they forced her to stay.” Daniel thanked as he slowly caressed Junghoon’s hair. He hated seeing the other sad. “Oh…and… I saw Hana…”

“Hana ?” Junghoon asked, getting up to stare at the male and blinking non-stop.

“Yeah…That’s why I ran. She has gotten taller and prettier… I wasn’t able to talk with her since that stupid driver hit me, but I can tell you that she’s alright.” Daniel smiled as he patted Junghoon’s arm.

“What about you…? Are you alright… Dohyun….?” Junghoon asked, calling Daniel by his Korean name. Daniel smiled as he hugged the boy tightly, caressing his hair and nodding his head. Junghoon calmed down. He slowly wrapped his arms around Daniel’s neck and leaned closer to the other’s lips, but as he was about to kiss him, the door opened.

 

Meanwhile…

 

Hana and Himchan went to a small building that seemed to be abandoned. That building was known to be dangerous since many gangs had their safe houses there.

Hana joined a gang called Black Dragons. They are known for their fighting techniques and “granting wishes” reputation. Since Hana wanted revenge, she searched for help and found them. However, it was dangerous for a girl to walk around that building or even join a gang, that’s why they only accepted men. Men there are erted and many tried to jump on her, but she learned martial arts with the members of the group. However, Hana was a special case. The leader knew her sister and he also was in search of the murdered.

“Banggie, we’re home~!” Himchan shouted as he opened the large wooden doors to where the leader and the rest of the members were resting at.

“Stop calling me that. It’s annoying.” Bang Yongguk, the leader of the Black Dragons, replied to Himchan who immediately got hit with a mug by a tall male. He smiled once he saw Hana, getting up and walking towards her, caressing her hair. “Welcome home Haeun.”

“Don’t call me by that name.” Hana grunted, slapping Yongguk’s hand away and heading to a small room that seemed to be her bedroom. She took her leather jacket off and laid on what it seemed to be her bed, grabbing her phone and scanning it with her eyes. The wallpaper was an old picture of her with Junghoon, Daniel and Alice. They looked so happy. But that happiness was now dead and gone.

 

Daniel got free from the hospital that same night. He decided that he was going to spend the night at Junghoon’s house, to not make his mother worried about his physical state. Junghoon’s parents worked at night, so he had the place all for himself until 3 am. He didn’t have siblings too.

“ahh~ W-Wait D-Dohyun-ah~!” Junghoon’s voice could be heard from the other side of the half opened door. The lights of his room were off, yet, things there were still pretty energetic.

“Calm down, I might hurt you !” Daniel sighed, creaks from the bed could be heard.

“W-Waaait…d-don’t touch there, ahh~!” Junghoon moaned out, hitting the bed frame with his hand. What were the boys doing ?

 

The door to Hana’s room opened and two tall males entered. They both had a gentle smile on their faces and were carrying hot packs. One of them sat behind Hana’s head and the other on her feet. Both of them put the respective parts of her body, head and feet, on their laps, smiling towards the girl.

“Hana, are you alright ?” The one at her head said, putting two hot packs on the sides of her neck.

“You’re so cold… You shouldn’t live here, go home.” The male at her feet nodded his head, saying as he massaged Hana’s feet.

“Youngjae…Daehyun… I’m fine here. I can deal with the cold, and I have money to buy you the essential things to live.” Hana replied out, closing her eyes slowly at the feeling of warmth. The night was extremely cold, and the place she was staying with the others wasn’t warm at all. It rained inside sometimes, and the cold had killed two guys from other group.

Hana got quiet after a few minutes. Both boys thought she had fallen asleep, so they decided to leave. Daehyun kissed Hana’s forehead as Youngjae covered the smaller female the best he could to make sure she was warm enough to spend the night. They left the room and closed the door. All light inside the building went off, and silence appeared. However, Hana wasn’t asleep. She her side and grabbed her phone, playing a game on it. But at that same time, the door opened and a really tall male walked in, in his hands, was a plushie of the Tiger from Winneh the Pooh.

“Let me sleep with you… I’m cold and Jongup keeps talking to the air.” The male said, getting into the bed with Hana. He turned to the opposite side and held the plushie, closing his eyes.

“Do whatever you want Zelo-ssi, just try to keep it quiet or I’ll kick you out.” Hana said, putting her phone back on her pocket and closing her eyes.

“…Haeun…why did Noona have to die…? …I ….loved her so much…” The boy confessed, but Hana was already asleep, so she didn’t hear him.

 

“To be honest… We all loved her.”