Chapter 1 - Blood covered Angel..

You, who are an Angel...

“So class, this is all for today. Please head home safely.” The slightly young female teacher said to her students once the bell rang. She grabbed her books and left the classroom along with some other students who followed behind her.

Hana, who slept the whole class, had just woken up to find herself in an almost empty classroom. In front of her, two handsome males were standing: A black haired one that tapping his fingers over Hana’s desk and a blonde one, staring out of the window with his headphones on.

“Hana~! Wake up, sunshine. Let’s hurry up before the damn store closes.” The male who was tapping his fingers on the desk said, slightly nudging Hana’s arm.

“Shut the hell up Junghoon…” Hana replied to the dark haired male, moving her head up and rubbing her tired eyes. She got up and grabbed her backpack, putting it on her back and walking to the door, the blonde haired male followed her first.

“Aish, so mean ! I really don’t understand why you and Daniel always sleep during English class.” Junghoon questioned as he followed the female out of the classroom and the building.

“I know everything. After all, I lived in America. And Daniel too, he was born there.” Hana explained, crossing the street and walking down towards the train station. She would look at her phone often, as if she was waiting for something. And right at that time, a text messaged came.  It was addressed with the name ‘Danny’ and it could be read ‘That guy really is annoying.’

When Hana read the message, she chuckled lowly, immediately replying to the message. ‘But you like him~’. She sent the message and turned her head to look at the blonde male, who blushed madly once he read it.

Both boys crossed the street but Hana didn’t. Junghoon looked at her with a mad expression, pouting and puffing his cheeks like an adorable squirrel.

“Where the hell do you think you’re going ? Remember, we are supposed to head to the skateboard shop all together !” Junghoon shouted out to the girl that was on the other side. Hana shook her head.

“You two love birds can go alone. It’s my sister’s birthday, so I have to get a cake before they run out.” Hana shouted, waving at the boys with a smile on her lips. They looked at her with a shocked expression.

Junghoon looked at Daniel and the other simply shrugged his shoulders and grabbed the boy’s arm, dragging him towards the train station.

Daniel isn’t the talkative type of person. It’s true that he is pretty handsome, however, it’s rare to hear his voice, so he’s kind of a ‘reserved’ person. To be more exact, only Hana knows how his voice sounds like, and the secret behind his silence. He always wears a black mask, covering his mouth and a dark blue scarf. He’s always around Hana, since they’re cousins and one year apart from each other.

On the other side, Junghoon is more talkative. He always makes sure that he stands out and is noticed by other. He can’t be the best student of the class… or even school… but he surely is the best friend a person can find. He cares a lot for Hana since he sees her as his younger sister. Despite his childish personality, he’s the second most handsome male of his class, being Daniel the first. Oh, and he also seemed to have caught Daniel’s eyes.

Meanwhile, Hana ran to the most expensive bakery she knew and bought the cake her sister loved, strawberry flavored one. She smiled as he grabbed her box and paid to the pretty female behind the counter and headed to her house.

She lived alone with her sister, Alice. Their parents were away and they rarely called to know about Hana and Alice.

Alice is a rare type of person. She has a weak body, so she can’t work much. Her hair is naturally honey brown colored, something rare to find. Their parents are really proud of their child, that’s why they seem to worry more about Alice, ‘The Pure Daughter’, than Hana, ‘The Dark Daughter’.

Hana made her way to her place by foot, since it was near. Alice was at home for the day, she got a bit ill and her body grew weak, not letting her get up from her bed. It was like her bones were made of glass which could easily be broken. But even at her weak state, Alice would still walk around the house.

Once Hana arrived, she grabbed her keys and opened the front door, walking inside and closing it behind her. She walked towards the living room and opened the large wooden door.  Strangely, in the middle of the living room, was her sister, sitting on a chair in a position that seemed she had fallen asleep there. Hana smiled once she saw her and put the cake down on the table, putting her bag on a chair nearby and walking towards her sister.

“Ally, don’t sleep here. You’ll catch a cold, especially dressed like that.” Hana said as she walked towards her sister. But then, the soft steps of her slippers became somewhat… wet… It seemed like she was walking on a puddle, and her sister had no reaction to her calling.

Hana blinked and decided to look down… to find herself stepping on a pool of blood. Her eyes widened and she quickly looked at her sister, her lips quivering with fear.

“Ally ? Ally, wake up !” She yelled, softly caressing her sister’s…cold….cheek. Cold ? Why was Alice cold ?, Hana thought to herself. She examined her sister’s body, and then she found a wound, a stab one.

It was clear to her now, what happened to her sister.  She was dead.

 

Meanwhile, both boys were satisfied with the new skateboards they had bought. Daniel paid for them, he was more like forced to than free will. Junghoon was walking at the front, happily whistling with his new purchase, after all it wasn’t that bad to hang out with a rich guy when you female support abandons you.

Daniel’s phone rang, startling both boys. Junghoon turned to Daniel, who had already grabbed his phone and answered it. A crying voice could be heard on the other side.

“Danny… My sister… A-Alice is dead…” It was Hana’s voice who was desperately crying. Daniel looked down and hung the phone, handing the bag to Junghoon and bowing his head.

“I’m sorry, I need to go.” Words came out of his mouth. He turned his back and ran as fast as he could, he figure disappearing in the crowd.

“Ah-h…A-Alrig—WAIT A SECOND ! YOU TALK ?!” Junghoon shouted in surprise when he heard Daniel talk for the first time. His cheeks got in a slight pink color. He blinked before he ran after Daniel.

 

They just ran and ran non-stop. Junghoon was confused, so he simply followed Daniel to Hana’s house. Once the boy’s got there, they saw a huge crowd, police cars and an ambulance. Fearing the worst, Daniel broke the crowd and the police line and ran straight into the house, shouting for Hana. But once he walked inside the living room, his eyes widened once he saw the pool of blood and a dead body being shut on a bag. He looked around and couldn’t find Hana. Tears came to his eyes.

“Hana !!? Hana !!?” Daniel yelled desperately, thinking that something bad had happened to the smaller girl.

“I’m here, you idiot…” The girl’s voice could be heard behind Daniel. He quickly turned around and ran towards her, hugging her tightly. She was covered with a blanket and was really pale. Hana started crying once she felt the older boy’s warmth. “My sister… is dead… Alice is…dead…” Were the few words that came out of the younger’s mouth. Daniel was shocked but all he could do was hugging Hana.

 

Two years later…

 

“Say Daniel… Where’s Hana…? She disappeared two years ago after that incident. My messages are never sent. Did she move countries ?” Junghoon asked as he sat down with the taller boy, grabbing his bread and eating it while staring at Daniel.

“I don’t know… She stopped coming to school and disappeared in the matter of days and the same happened to me. Maybe her parents came to get her or something… But that’s a bit unproved since they don’t get along.” Daniel replied, fanning himself with his hand. It was summer and the weather was too hot and sunny. Junghoon slowly laid his head on Daniel’s shoulder, sighing deeply.

“Hana… where the hell did you go…”