I become the wind

Fish in the Lake

 

Ohno Satoshi couldn’t remember when was the last time he experience being ordinary.  He was from the popular boy band ARASHI so most of the time, whenever he goes, he encountered fans yelling his name or asking to take pictures. Although his personal life was being revealed all the time, He didn’t have any complain, it was a compliment. He saw it as evidence that he was really popular, something to be proud of.  But for once… he wanted to be ordinary. He wanted the feeling of being unknown, walk on the street without   being notice, talk to ordinary people without being recognize as Riida of Arashi. Even in one day, he liked to experience that.

 

One Saturday morning,

Ohno Satoshi was sitting on a bench under Sakura tree. He had black jacket, a cup and eyeglasses. An outfit he thought would be perfect as disguise. A smile was starting to flash from his lips since nobody could recognize him. There were lot of people passing, but didn’t bother to look. As this continued, Ohno breathed, feeling the sweet air. His feeling at that particular moment was the best. He felt relaxed, fantastic and enchanted as he looked the Sakura leaf falling on the ground. If only he knew this would be easy, he did it before.

“Excuse me!”

Ohno woke from his daydream as he saw a girl. That girl had a height of 5’3 wearing a jumper style dress, and obviously not Japanese, but she was Asian and she was looking at him

“Nande?” asked Ohno, changing his voice.

What if this girl recognized him?  It would be the end of his perfect disguise. Actually his friends from Arashi bet that no matter how good his disguise, somebody would recognize him. He didn’t expect  it to happen early.

“Can you take me a picture?” asked the girl, showing her digital camera.

Like the other fans, Ohno thought this girl wanted to have picture with him. Of course, he couldn’t refuse, most especially because she was pretty.

As Ohno took the camera, the girl showcase sweet smile, Ohno was amazed. He always wanted a girl with this kind of smile.

“Please include the cherry blossom!” said the girl, running near the Cherry blossom tree, and then she made her best pose.

“So she didn’t recognize me” thought Ohno, with a smile on his face. He was a little embarrassed but glad for his funny assumption.

“Thank you!” said the girl right after the picture taking.

Ohno smiled, returning to her the camera.

***

“Okay, ngaun ano nang isusunod ko?” Asked the girl (talking to herself) she took a small notebook on her backpack “Ah, tinadahan pala ng sushi, san kaya meron non?

Ohno didn’t understand what she said since it was the girl native language, but he heard the word sushi, so he thought this girl was looking for it.

[“Okay, so where is my next destination…?” Asked the girl (talking to herself) she took a small notebook on her backpack “So, next is sushi store, hmm… where could I find it?”]

“Are you looking for sushi?” asked Ohno.

The girl looked at him. “Yes, I’m looking for a sushi store, do you know any?”

“I’m planning to go there after here; if you want we can go there together”

The girl smirked. She didn’t like to go with him, but she didn’t have any choice. Maybe she should trust him as this moment. “Sure!” she answered.

***

They used bus to go there.

“Hey can I know your name?” asked the girl. She could feel that the guy was good so she wanted to know his name.

“Satoshi desu” Ohno answered.

“The girl smiled “nice to meet you, Satoshi. I’m Hana”

Silence followed, since Ohno wasn’t fluent in English, as well as Hana, so their conversation was limited. When Ohno talked, Hana would smile as if she understood what he said. She only knew few Japanese.

*

Hana fell on amazement as she saw the moving table of sushi. It also looked delicious, so she decided to have one, then two. Ohno accompanied her.

“Ang sarap naman nito!” Hana exclaimed (This is delicious!)

Ohno looked at her,” even while eating, she looks pretty” he thought.

“Oh, I forgot to take pictures!” Hana took her camera immediately. “Picture, I need picture”

“You love taking picture, hun?” Ohno commented.

Hana smiled “This is actually the reason why I’m here”

Onho pinched his eyebrows “What do you mean?”

“This is my gift for my sister” Hana answered.

Ohno still confused analyzed her answer. “The taking picture is for your sister?” he wondered.

Hana nodded.

Actually her reason for going in Japan was a secret from her family. She didn’t want to keep it a secret; it just happened that no one was asking her. Now there is someone who seemed interested so she decided to reveal her reason.

“After my sister’s funeral, I read in her diary how much she wanted to go here. She had list of things she wanted here in Japan, and my mission is to see all of those things”

“You’re a wonderful sister” Ohno commented.

Hana smirked “Not actually. I was the black sheep in the family; I used to bully my sister until I discovered her incurable disease. Maybe I’m doing this as my payment to her”

“I understand” said Ohno “But you’re still a wonderful sister for me”

Hana smiled. That was the only time she heard someone’s good opinion about her.

“Are you done in your checklist? I mean if you’re finish in your mission?”

“Not yet” Hana replied. “There still 3 things in my list”

“What are those? I might help you” Ohno offered.        

“You don’t have to do that” said Hana, not wanting to bother her new friend, but Ohno was insisting. “Okay, so my next stop would be in a lake. My sister wished to try fishing. There is lake near our home but she wanted to do that here in Japan. I wonder why.”

“Fishing, huh? You can leave it to me.”

***

They rode taxi to go on a lake.

“Hey Satoshi, do you have girlfriend?” asked Hana.

Ohno stared at her “Why are you asking?”

“I’m just wondering if your girlfriend won’t be mad at me. You know, because you’re wasting your time just to help me”

Ohno smiled “it’s okay, I don’t have girlfriend right now”

“Buti naman,” (That’s good)

“How about you, do you have boyfriend?” Ohno questioned.

“I don’t have. Isn’t it obvious, no one accompanied me” Hana answered bitterly. She had boyfriends before but all were cheaters.

***

“Ang ganda!!! (It’s beautiful)” Hana exclaimed as she saw the lake as if it was alive, yet so refreshing

Hana always loved this kind of scenic.  

In the middle of her amazement, Ohno called her attention. “C’mon, let’s start fishing!” he was already holding a fishing rod and a pail of bait he rented.

*

“Next is Tokyo tower” said Hana.

Ohno grinned. Going there would be easy.

Once again, they rode a taxi.

When they arrived in their destination, Hana didn’t stop taking photos.

“What’s the last on your list?” Ohno inquired. ‘It’s getting late, let’s finish the checklist fast”

“It’s done!” said Hana.

“What do you mean; I thought there is still one left.

“Yes, but its impossible now to find it” said Hana, contented on what she had. She faced to Ohno and gave his best smile. “Arigatou, Satoshi-kun, without you I couldn’t complete my mission”

“It’s okay… but what is the last destination, I wonder why you’re thinking it’s impossible to find”

“Because, it’s not a place, but people”

“People?”

“Yes…It’s a boy band called Arashi, are you familiar with them?”

Ohno froze looking at Hana.

“My sister is a big fan of them, I wonder how popular they are” Hana continued. “I remember she always sing their songs”

“You want to see them?” asked Ohno.

Hana’s eyes got widen. “You know them?”

Ohno nodded.

“But you can’t afford them, can you?” asked Hana

Ohno smiled “C’mon!” he grabbed Hana’s hand. “Let’s meet Arashi”

END

This is the chinese version of Kaze ni Naru

. I'm planning to make same videos but I don't have raw vids right now. Just imagine Ohno and Hana in this video

 

****

Out in the blue, I thought about this story…

I made this since I stating to like Ohno.

Hope you like it! Thanks for reading!