And so they meet

Red strings

Himchan chuckled under his breath, and as per habit of any bibliophile he began to turn the page that he had not yet completed. Hoping to save himself from wasting a single second turning the page. He was immersed, the gentle sound of the rain not bothering him one bit. When he still paying attention to his surroundings he noted that it actually quite was soothing. The perfect back drop to the Lim Kim album gracing his Café's speakers. And on a day like this, there were no customers, and for a day with no customers he sent away all the employee's. They could have a mini-vacation, and he could read. It was quite the sweet deal for both parties. And so, our protagonist sat there alone as content with the situation as one could be. So in a state of bliss, that he no longer realized that he was not alone. Before him stood a customer drenched in the rain and frantically attempting to dry off his portable gaming system with hand napkins and deep breaths of air.  
It was not until the slightly depressed customer asked for a cup of hot chocolate and a jar of rice that he was noticed.  
Himchan jumped slightly.  
"Welcome to togeworl, can I help you sir?" 
"Ah, yes. Um, my psp got soaked in the rain, you wouldn't happen to have any rice would you?" 
The shop owner gazed at the low-spirited man not quite understanding the relationship between a wet psp and rice.  
Understanding the confused man's countenance very well, the stranger was quick to explain "it helps get the water out believe it or not." 
The customer pulled of his hood and carefully shook his head, trying his best not to get the other man wet. His wavy orangish hair some how made the man seem childish, more approachable then before.  
"I guess if it would help you then, sure. How's about 4 cups?"  
"That should be enough," the stranger nodded. 
Himchan slightly unwillingly put down his book and turned to the cabinet to his left. As he began to reach pour the customers order he heard a small laugh from the only other person in the room. "How does one fall in love with a stranger?" he chuckled softly again.  
"It's a good book," Himchan noted with a smile on his face.  
"A little too suggestive for my taste's," the customer said in a joking manner as he picked up the book. "Woah, dude guy on guy?"  
Himchan rolled his eyes, he was used to this kind of reaction whenever he read something like this. Whether it was his mother, sister, teacher, friend, or a loose tongued stranger. 
The shop owner stayed silent towards the others remarks and just kept pouring rice. It wasn't till the customer spoke again that he even turned to look at him. 
"This is a book Café right? Do you have any other copies of this?" 
Himchan was surprised, he hadn't expected the childish gamer before him to have this kind of taste. For some reason Himchan could feel a small smile grace his lips. "First, your rice," he told the stranger after turning back to pour the last bit of rice. After he finished the deed he turned to the other man and handed him the rice along with some hot chocolate he had also prepared. He gestured for the customer to take the cup as he ventured from behind the counter "You must be cold," he commented. "Don't worry it's on the house." 
The customer plopped his device into the cup of rice and left it at the counter as he hot choclate in hand followed the shop keeper. It took a matter of seconds before the shop keeper could find a tattered up copy of the book in the "take one leave one" section of the café's mini library. It was Coffee stained, beat up, and quite unsightly. ""This must have been one of the "leave one's,"" the shop keeper jested. He bit his lip softly and then retreated back to the counter where he had left his own copy. The stranger followed not exactly sure what was going on.  
"Here, you can take my copy," Himchan smiled. "As per story policy you can't leave with it though so you'll just have to come here when you want to read it." 
The other man raised an eyebrow, "wouldn't it be more convenient for both of us if I just buy my own copy?" 
"But then I would lose a new customer just as I gained one," Himchan joked.  
The customer chuckled at the shop owner’s ploy. "Who would have thought that only moments after practically murdering my poor PSP I'd be here laughing over ."  
Himchan laughed too it was strange. The only thing that could get him to laugh or even smile for a very long time was a book. And now he is standing here awkwardly bonding with a man he had never met before over an interesting piece of guy on guy literature. 
It was weird. But pleasant. 
 
For the next few days the stranger had become a regular at the book café rain or shine a chapter a day was what he promised Himchan. The new friend did not break his promise. It was not until the new customer was on the final chapter that either party new the others name. But even before they knew what to call each other they grew close. There was something that they found in each other that reminded them of themselves. And though Kim Himchan was the more laid back and friendly one, the stranger, now known by the name Cho Kyuhyun 
, was not entirely all that different. Sure he was a bit crazy, and tended to be sharp tongued but he was a good friend. Kyuhyun even takes full credit for being the one to turn Himchan a bit evil. Without knowing the extent to the other circumstances, they helped each other continue on, smiling. 
-- 
"Yah! Kim Himchan, why do you never call me Hyung!? Where is the respect Dongsaeng-o-mine."  
Himchan rolled his eyes and handed Kyuhyun a cup of coffee. 
"Take this to table five, and I might just start." 
At first with reluctance but then with a bit of a hop in his step, Kyuhyun complied. Upon his return he was met with the younger breaking into laughter. "I said maybe." 
"Don't use me to do your bidding," Kyuhyun fake pouted. "I'm supposed to be the evil one." 
"Okay, okay, okay," Himchan chuckled then passed the older another order, "Okay ~Hyung~," Himchan said with a bit of a mocking tone. "Take this to table two." Kyuhyun snatched the order and stuck out his tongue at his friend. "Bish, you are supposed to be my slave. I don't even work here... you’re fudging lucky were bffl's."  
"I love you too," Himchan chuckled. 
Though best friends say they love each other all the time whenever Himchan said it, he always meant it a bit differently. Somehow, Himchan had fallen for the man he called his best friend. And even though he had a bit of an affinity for homoual novels, he never really thought that he could easily have been a character in one. Himchan had no intention to tell his friend how he felt, or to even ask the other if he felt anything similar. He would just continue to be his friend. 
After all Himchan was the one who felt this way so arbitrarily, he'd rather not do anything to chance their relationship. But that was just a lie, a lie Himchan had told himself from the first moment he first let the words "I love you," slip carelessly from his mouth. He wasn't ready for a relationship, not again. Not after her.