You're Wrong.

Encounters with Love

JIYONG’S POV

 

“Shut up! You’re always with that Youngbae dude. How do you think am I supposed to approach you and make a move when you’re already taken?! And besides, I had a bad history with that guy you know!” I seethed. Seriously how can Dara be this dense?! Everyone in the school knew that, even the canteen ahjummas!

 

Minutes passed, I was glaring at her while she was staring at me. Her face was impassive but I can clearly hear her brain working a thousand times slower than the usual. That’s how much I knew her.

 

Damn it. I don’t know how Dara became associated with that bastard, but when they started hanging out, I barely had a chance to talk to her. I mentally pouted. I was beaten by Youngbae once and got a black eye. As much as I don’t want to admit it, heck this really hurts my ego, but I don’t want to experience that again! This was why I started to distance myself from Dara. *sighs* I’m still currently in the process of training. Yeah, I enrolled myself in martial arts class just so I can beat Youngbae and finally snatch my Dara away.

 

Ugh! It was really making my head ache. Right when I finally realized what I feel for Dara and find the courage to pursue her, she decided to befriend that bastard! So I glared harder at her.

 

Suddenly she laughed. Hard.

 

“Why are you laughing?!” I hissed. Seriously? Seriously??!!! Was this a laughing matter?! I was already risking my life in here just by cornering her while that Youngbae was in the comfort room, and all she did was laugh?!

 

“I’m sorry, Ji. I-it’s just… hahahahahaha… oh my god, this is just really funny! Hahahahaha!” Dara kept on laughing without explaining. As much as I am happy to see and hear her laugh again, I was still angry at her.

 

I crossed my arms on my chest and just continued to glare at her. After some more seconds, she finally stopped laughing but a big grin was still present on her face.

 

“Explain.” I simply said to her.

 

“Well, where to start?” Dara asked but I kept my silence. She sighed, then pouted. Cute.

 

 

“Well, first of all, I’m not taken. . . yet. Second of all, Youngbae…” I was not able to hear the rest of her explanation because my head just stopped processing at her first sentence. She’s … not yet taken? She’s still single? Then that means I can still pursue her?!

 

“You’re not taken?? But everyone in the school knows you’re with that bastard Youngbae!” I exclaimed.

 

 

“Uhm, Jiyong, aren’t you listening to me and my explanation?”

 

 

“Uh, you kinda lost me on your first sentence,” I said while bowing my head and scratching my nape. Damn, this was embarrassing.

 

Dara just squealed and giggled. Ahh, music to my ears.

 

“You’re so cute, Ji!” Then she kissed my cheeks. I immediately lifted my head to look at her, and she just made a peace sign and smiled cheekily; her cheeks were tinted red. She then took my hand and led me towards the stairs. We sat there side by side.

 

 

“Okay, let me repeat what I said. And listen to me already! I’m not yet taken. Youngbae is just my friend you know. He’s like a big brother to me… Well actually, more of like a big sister.” She giggled again.

 

“Big. . . sister?” I asked. Oh- kay. She didn’t mean what I think she means… right?

 

She just nodded and giggled.

 

“He’s…” I trailed off.

 

“Gay. Yes, I am. Got a problem with that?” I suddenly heard that familiar masculine voice that I hated. And that deceived me. I immediately took on a defensive stance that I learned in my martial arts class, with Dara behind my back.

 

“Woah, woah, woah! What is this?” Youngbae suddenly crossed his arms on his chest, like a girl trying to cover her precious mounds. What the heck? What happened to the guy that beat me a month ago?

 

Dara just laughed and slapped my shoulder. “Stop it, Ji.”

 

“Then why is that bastard always glaring at me when I’m near you?”

 

“That’s because I told him you suddenly ignore me. You are really sweet and caring to me, then all of a sudden, you disappeared. Do you know how awful you made me feel? It’s like you just play with me and my feelings. He’s angry at you for making me hurt and sad,” Dara explained, her eyes showing the disappointment and pain she felt.

 

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I never wanted to hurt you, Dee.” I said to her sincerely, staring at her eyes.

 

 

After a minute, she smiled at me. “I think I know that now.”

 

 

“Then, can... can we go back to how we are before and be something more?” I asked her hesitantly.

 

 

I heard another squeal again. But it’s a manly squeal that makes me wanna puke on my spot.

 

 

“This is it, Dee!!! This is the moment you’ve been waiting for!! This is not the scenario that we thought of before but still~! You couldn’t let this pass!! Say yes already before this guy pee in his pants coz of anticipation!” Youngbae was suddenly beside Dara and kept on shaking her arms. She just laughed good-naturedly.

 

 

“Stop shaking me, Youngbae!” She slapped his arms and glared playfully at him. She then turned to me and smiled that angelic smile of her that always make my heart flutter, before shrugging her shoulders.

 

Oh what kind of response is that?!” Youngbae looked at Dara incredulously.

 

 

“What? How am I supposed to respond?” She asked him.

 

 

“Uhm, hel-lo~ You should have squealed and screamed ‘YES, JIYONG!’ before throwing yourself at him for a hug!”

 

 

“I would have done that if he asked me to be his girlfriend. He’s just asking if he can court me and all. Besides, you destroy the moment already when you squealed! Didn’t you see we’re having our own bubble here but then you just come bursting it,” Dara pouted.

 

 

Yeah. We’re having a beautiful moment and that squeal *shudders* just destroyed everything. I glared at him.

 

 

“Oh. . . Oh well~ as long as Dara-yah says yes, everything is alright. Well then, I’m off Ssantokki dear! See you around suitor boy~” Youngbae kissed Dara’s cheeks, which made me wanna punch him even if he’s gay. He then blew a flying kiss to me which made me wanna punch him more. Ugh! My lovely moment with Dara was interrupted all because of him!

 

 

“You know you’ll be getting more of Bae’s kisses when I become yours right?” Dara said, interrupting my murdering thoughts. I just sighed and nodded at her, my sad puppy eyes staring at her.

 

 

She just giggled before grabbing my hand. “Come on, send me home already~ I don’t wanna be late for Goblin.”

 

 

 

****

 

 

“Want to come inside?” Dara asked when we reached her home. I smiled and nodded at her.

 

 

When I got inside, I immediately sat on their couch and relaxed my body. I swear this was one of the most stressful days of my life. Ahhhh, I miss this. Before that bastard interrupted our lives, I always hang out with Dara here at their house. I smiled when I remembered those days.

 

 

“Why are you smiling?” Dara asked as she sat down beside me.

 

 

“I just…” I was about to tell her that I miss hanging out with her when…

 

 

“Tokki dear~! I really don’t want to ruin your moment but can you please help me up with this? The zipper is stuck!” I heard Youngbae’s voice on the second floor and my eyes immediately turned to slits.

 

 

“Explain.”

 

 

“Hehe, don’t worry Ji,” Dara cooed.

 

 

 

“He’s with my brother.”

 

 

 

 

A/N. Uhm, well. Hi? LOL. Just another one of your cliche stories. I just got to retrieved my files from my old netbook after some years. Finally! LOL.

How are you guys all doing? 

Me? I'm still in love with Daragon.^^

Pyong!