Chapter 7

Spy Kyung Mi

NO ONE'S POV:

Kyung mi was at the condo, in her room after she ate with Jaejoong.  She was still heartbroken about what Cheondoong said.  

"Why am i feeling this way?..."  She said as she put her hand on where her heart was.

Then the door opened and she looked over.  Kyung mi left her room and saw Cheondoong enter.  He looked up at her, "You were here?.. How'd the audition go?"  He asked.

Kyung mi faked a smile, "It went well.  Thank you."  

"Why thank me?  In the end its based on whether or not you could act."  Cheondoong simply said.  Then he left to his room.

Once he left Kyung mi's smile faded again.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day it was time for shooting.  Kyung mi was one of the stuck up friends of the mean girl in this drama.  

"Alright.  Remember to act as mean as you can okay?  Ready ACTION!"  The director yelled.

Kyung mi walked behind the main mean girl and tried to look as mean as possible.  Then she bumped into a girl and without thinking she bowed and said sorry.

"CUT!  Kyung mi-sshi!  Why are you saying sorry?!"  The director yelled. Kyung mi apologized and then continued to do the scene again.

"Tch... She calls THAT acting?"  Na Eun said with disgust.

"Well... Everythings okay now though.. Since we're dating now."  She said smiling and hanging on Cheondoong, who in response pulled his arm away.

"OPpaaaaa We're dating now."  She pouted.

"Doesnt matter. I dont like when girls, even girlfriends, hang onto me like that."  Na Eun then pouted again and looked up at the scene.

Kyung mi kept making mistakes.  She would either, "look too nice", "Look timid", "say sorry", etc.  The director finally had enough of this.

"YAH!  Who chose her?!  She's horrible!"  He yelled.  Kyung mi looked down, ashamed.

Cheondoong then stood up.  Na Eun looked up at him, "What are you doing?"  He ignored her and then walked up to Kyung mi.  She looked up at him, confused.

"Today's shoot is finished."  He said not taking his eyes off Kyung mi.  Then he grabbed her wrist and dragged her away to his car.

"That little... I'M the director... Who does he think he is?!"  The director yelled.

"Uh?  Oppa!"  Na Eun followed him out but she couldnt catch him.  He left in his car with Kyung mi.

She pouted then turned around only to have a raw egg splatter on her head.

"YAH!  Are YOU Na Eun?..  Tch... NOT even that pretty."  A high school girl said, Brattily.

"You seduced our Cheondoong didnt you?!"  Another one said.  There were about 5 more behind them with signs saying that they protested against Cheondoong's and Na Eun's relationship.

"AHHHHH!!!"  Na Eun screamed, "YAH!  YOU'RE GONNA GET IT!"  Na Eun then started fighting with the girls but Jaejoong hurried over and pulled them apart.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheondoong entered the condo while grabbing Kyung mi's wrist.  He then threw her onto the couch.

"Ow... What was that for?!"  She yelled.

"Acting.... Is that what you call it?  What you just did over there?"  He asked.

Kyung mi looked down ashamed.

He sighed and put his hands on his hips, "Listen... I understand that for you... Its hard to act mean and stuck up and rich.... But... in order to feel rich and at a higher place than others.. You have to accept that you are worthy enough for it... If you dont.. You wont be able to pull off this part." Cheondoong said, as nicely as he could.  Kyung mi looked up, shocked he was being nice and that he was giving her advice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"F-Fired??"  Kyung mi widened her eyes as she heard the news from Miyoung.

"I'm sorry... But i think you're gonna have to practice more until you can grasp this whole acting thing."  Miyoung said.  Then she stood up and was about to walk away but put a hand on Kyung mi's shoulder, "Dont feel too bad.  You'll have your chance."  Then Miyoung smiled and walked off.

Kyung mi saddened for a few moments but then looked up with a determined look in her eyes.

Kyung mi arrived at the drama shooting and looked around.  Na Eun was with Cheondoong and once she noticed her she scoffed and glared, "She dares to come here after that HORRIBLE performance yesterday?.. I'll set her straight."  And she was about to walk up to her but Cheondoong stopped her.

"IF you do anything against her then our relationship is over."  He said.

"OOPPAAA...."  She pouted but obeyed and sat back down.

Jaejoong saw Kyung mi and walked up to her.  "Kyung mi-sshi what are you doing here?"

"Jaejoong-sshi... I know i got fired.. but... I just cant give up like this."  She said with a determined look.  Jaejoong looked at her with sympathy.

"You can try again.  Next time-"

"And when will that be?  You were the one who told me NEVER to lose your chance."  She said.  Jaejoong looked at her now with understanding and nodded.

"What?!"  They both turned to here the director shout.

"I'm sorry... but the lead actress said she couldnt make it for today's filming.."  A staff member informed him.

"Aishh... But we dont have much time.. We HAVE to do it today.."  The director said.  Then he looked around.

"Can anyone here do action sequences?"  The director asked hopelessly.

Kyung mi raised her hand, "Here!  I can!"  She yelled.  The director wasnt TOO happy to see her but he had to settle.  

"Alright..  just shoot the wooden and haystraw figures, then drop the gun and go over to it, kick it, punch it, use the knife. Whatever.  We'll make sure to not show your face so dont worry."  The director said.  Kyung mi nodded as she was dressed in a North Korean army suit.

"Alright.  Action!"  Kyung mi shot the figure three times with dead-on accuracy at which everyone was amazed at.  Then she dropped the gun and swiftly ran towards the figure while pulling out the knife.  She stabbed it and then turned and kicked it.  

At one shot, her face showed but the director let it pass.  He was extremely amazed at her capabilities.  Jaejoong slightly smiled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Really?!  I made the lead?!"  Kyung mi asked out of excitement.

"ONE of the lead role.  You'll be part of the drama for a few episodes.  So good luck."  Miyoung said smiling.

"Thank you!"  Kyung mi smiled and bit her bottom lip.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Since you joined the cast a little late let me tell you the story of your character."  The director said.  Kyung mi nodded.

"So Your name is Myung wol and you're a north korean spy who was sent to South Korea in order to seduce this South Korean agent and marry him."  Kyung mi's eyes widened as she heard the plot.

"At first she treats it as just a mission but then later starts to fall in love with him."  

Kyung mi's mouth slightly dropped then she stuttered but she asked her question out of desperation, "H-How does it end?...."  She needed to know.. She wanted to know how this 'story' would end.  and what would happen to her.

"Well.. It's not set in stone but later you shoot the man you love and he also shoots you."  The director said.  She widened her eyes more.

"T-They die?..."

"That's the only way it'll bring in emotion.  And then later...  The man turns out not to be dead and forgets the girl and meets another girl who was the younger sister of her but they were seperated at birth.  Later he finds this out, but becomes extremely sick.  He falls in love with the younger sister but during their wedding, he ends up dying."  Once the director finished Kyung mi had heard enough... she was going to die... And he was going to forget her...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She went back to teh condo to find Cheondoong sitting on the couch.  She looked at him but proceeded to walk past him.

"Heard you got a major role... Dont be too happy though..."  He said.  Kyung mi didnt turn around her say anything.  She just ha d a hurt expression that no one could see.

"And i have to act like i love you?... Tch..."  He said rudely.  Then she walked back to her room.

"He's right... Love?... Thats not possible."  She said sadly to herself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning Cheondoong and Kyung mi arrived at the set.  The director explained that they were doing the date scene today, so they had to act as natural as possible.

Na Eun was glaring the whole time.

"Aigoo... You guys look too awkward!  Hold hands!"  The director teased.  Cheondoong hesitated but then grabbed Kyung mi's hand.  She looked at him in surprise.  He smiled at her slightly.

"Alright.  Action!"  Then Cheondoong and Kyung mi happily went on their date.  They did everything that they did before.  The eating Ddukbboki, trying on headbands and sunglasses, etc.  

Now it was nearing night and the fake summer rain was on.  They were still on their "date".  Cheondoong and Kyung mi both exited a store and saw it was raining.  The hangar was protecting them from the rain though.

They both looked up but Cheondoong was the first to look down at her.  She was still looking up.  He removed hair from her face.  Kyung mi then looked at him a bit nervously.

He smiled at her lovingly, "You look beautiful."  She slightly blushed, then he went in slowly as they both closed their eyes.  Their lips met and the director waited a few seconds before calling "CUT."  Once he did though they didnt stop.  It was only at the second time he yelled it did they stop kissing.  They both looked away awkwardly.

"Whats happening between you guys?  Arent you two too eager to kiss?"  The director teases and chuckled, "Anyways that was good!  You both did well!"  

Na Eun wasnt too happy but switched to a fake smile once she went up to Cheondoong, "Oppa.  Lets go eat."  Cheondoong, for the first time, let her grab his arm since he was still thinking about the kiss, and pull him away.  Before they left she gave a look to Kyung mi.  She looked at them sadly.  They passed by Jaejoong as he looked from them to Kyung mi.

She sighed and then also left after bowing to everyone.

Kyung mi walked to a small outdoor place to drink some soju (korean alcohol).  Jaejoong followed her but she didnt know he was watching her.  After drinking a lot she was drunk and was trying to walk back to the condo but it was hard for her.  She almost fell backwards but Jaejoong caught her.

"Uhh? Ahaha.  Its Jaejoong!  My good sunbae!!"  She yelled as she pointed at him.

Jaejoong didnt speak since he knew she was drunk.

Kyung mi went from smiling, to having a few tears come down.  He was surprised but didnt know it much.

"I dont want to do this anymore... I cant.. i... I dont want him to hurt..."  She said.  Jaejoong stayed silent.

"But thats not possible is it?..."  Kyung mi finished and then fell asleep.  Jaejoong picked her up bridal style and looked at her face, "Trust me... I want to end this too..."  Then he proceeded to walk to Cheondoong's condo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheondoong was waiting for Kyung mi to come home.  He called her phone a bunch of times but she wouldnt answer.

"Aish... What is she doing out so late?...."  He hesitated but then decided to go out.  Before he could The door bell rang and He went to open the door.

"What were you doing out so-"  He stopped short as he saw Jaejoong carrying out the passed out Kyung mi to the couch.  He set her down and gave her one last look as he was about to leave.

"Please."  Cheondoong said.  Jaejoong stopped but didnt turn around or anything.

"Please... If you truly like her... Make her stop.."  Cheondoong begged.  Jaejoong didnt say anything for a moment but then spoke, "I'm in no position to say something like that..."  Then he left.

Cheondoong looked down at Kyung mi's sleeping face.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyung mi woke up and looked at her phone sleepily.  It was already 9pm... THE NEXT DAY.

She gasped as she woke up, but then something fell onto the ground that was on her bed but fell when she sat up quickly.

Kyung mi grabbed it and saw that it was the script for her last scene as Myungwol.

She then decided to go out to read it, since she needed fresh air.  She got dressed and left her room but stopped short when she saw Na Eun sitting on the couch with her arms crossed.

Kyung mi then tried to walk past but Na Eun stopped her, "You dont bow when you see your senior?"  Na Eun said glaring at her.

Kyung mi turned around and bowed and turned around again but once again Na Eun stopped her.

"Although you're getting a lot of praise for this role... SomeTHING like you wont last long.  Unless youre as pretty and talented as me.  You wont be able to make it."  Na Eun continued, "And once you DO become nothing more than a second rate actress, probably less than that but whatever, i want you to get out of here and never appear in our lives again, okay?  Since im the girlfriend of Cheondoong... I feel uncomfortable with you living here."  Kyung mi sideglanced at her but didnt say anything.  Then she left through the door.

"UGH.. I cant STAND that ."  Na Eun said as she huffed.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyung mi sat down on the swing at the playground looking through the script.  She sighed as she saw the part of Myung wol shooting Kang-woo (Cheondoong) and him shooting her back.

"In the end.... I die.."  She said sadly.

"What are you doing here?"  Cheondoong asked.  She looked up, surprised to see him.

He sat down on the swing next to her.  There was silence for a few seconds but then Kyung mi spoke up.

"Did you read the script yet?"  Cheondoong sideglanced at her but then looked back up to the sky, "Yeah."

There was silence again, Kyung mi broke it again, "If... I mean IF... this was all real?... What would you do?"  She asked hopeful.

He looked at her, "Why would this be all true?  Just a drama."  he said simply.

"I know... But IF.. If it was.... What would you do?"  Kyung mi asked again, waiting for his response.  She couldnt help but to hope that he would say, "I would forgive her.."  

He thought for a moment but then spoke, "Then.... That would be UNforgivable."  Cheondoong said.  Kyung mi deflated.

"I probably wouldve shot first... I mean.. A girl like that?... Deserves to die."  He said.  Kyung mi felt like she was being stabbed each time he said a word.

"Thats why..." Cheondoong continued on, "I cant forgive you.."

She looked at him.

"Because you decieved me..."  Then he looked at her, "So dont get any hopes up... Cause if i ever did like you... That all flew by once i witnessed that talk with Jaejoong."  Then without another hesitation he got up and left to the condo.  (By now, Na Eun was tired of waiting and left)

Kyung mi was left there looking down at the script, feeling stupid for ever thinking he could forgive her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheondoong entered his condo and ran his hand through his hair, sighing, "You did the right thing.... the right thing.... But why is it driving me crazy?.... I want to forgive her..."  He said to himself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the next day and it was time for the last scene of Myungwol.

"Alright.  This is the last scene of myungwol!  Good luck Kyung mi-sshi!"  The director said, "ACTION!"

Cheondoong and Kyung mi both raised their guns toward each other.

"Then... Was everything a lie?"  Cheondoong asked, getting into his character.

"Yes..."  Kyung mi replied.

"How could you..... Even all those times we spent together?... Were they lies too?"  He asked feeling betrayed.  Kyung mi, for some reason, hesitated to answer.

"That....."  They all waited for her to deliver her line.

"That was my true feelings."  Kyung mi said, her eyes starting to tear up.  Cheondoong looked at her, his eyes slightly widened in surprise, knowing that she was talking about the REAL Cheondoong and Kyung mi.. NOT Myungwol and Kangwoo, the characters they were portraying.

One of the scripwriters whispered to the director, "The lines are wrong."

"Wait a moment."  The director told the writer.

Jaejoong looked from the director to Cheondoong and Kyung mi.

"I was happy... Truly.... The times i spent with you."  Kyung mi said, her eyes glistening with tears.

Cheondoong took this in, then spoke, "Then why dont we live together.. huh?  Everything you want... I'll give it to you."  

Kyung mi shook her head slowly, as one tear ran down her cheek.

The director was immersed in this and wouldnt allow anyone to stop them.

"Why?.. Why cant you?  I said i forgive you.  I FORGAVE YOU ALREADY!"  Then he shot his blanks up in the air out of frustration and dropped his gun.

"So.... lets live together."  Cheondoong finished.

Kyung mi had many tears falling down and her face was slightly red, "Why do you forgive me-........ Dont forgive me..."  She said.  

Cheondoong tried to take steps closer to her but then Kyung mi put the gun to her head.

Jaejoong widened his eyes, along with Na Eun.  Cheondoong stopped dead in his tracks as he saw this... 

"Kyung mi-ah....."  

Kyung mi was crying harder, then she closed her eyes........ and pulled the trigger.  She fell on the ground from the force of the blank.

Cheondoong looked down at her, not believing his eyes, then he ran over to her.  He shook her a bit out of desperation.

"Kyung mi-ah...."  Then when she wouldnt wake he grabbed and hugged her.  

"Kyung mi...no... no........ CHOI KYUNG MI!!"  Cheondoong cried as he hugged her tight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------