Chapter 4

Spy Kyung Mi

NO ONE'S POV:

Kyung mi woke up early in a comfortable outfithttp://www.asianfashion-wholesale.com/656-2428-large/korean-style-summer-flower-bat-t.jpg and prepared breakfast by 6am.  Today she made fried rice with other side dishes, such as meat,kimchi, vegetables, etc.  

 

Cheondoong came out of his roomhttp://blackwomenlovebi.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/cheon_dung_mblaq_389435.jpg(W/o glasses or books)  once he saw Kyung mi he froze for a second and then awkwardly looked around as she did the same.

"Um... Your breakfast..."  She said awkwardly as she motioned towards the food.

"Hmm?... Oh Yeah..."  Cheondoong sat down and started to eat as Kyung mi kept standing there looking at him.

He looked up with food in his mouth, "What?"  

"Nothing..."  She simply said then hurriedly walked back to her room.

Once she left Cheondoong thought to himself, "I wonder if she's okay.."  Then he continued eating.  

After eating breakfast he called Kyung mi and the both left the condo to go to the upcoming drama photoshoot.  Although they havent found an actress yet, they wanted to take promo photos first of the main male lead, which is Cheondoong.

Once they arrived Kyung mi left the car first and waited for Cheondoong to come out.

"Yah Cheondoong."  Miyoung said stopping him.

Cheondoong looked at her.

"Dont overwork Kyung mi... She's working hard already without you pushing her.  Besides.  She saved your life.  Be thankful."  Cheondoong simply pushed up his sunglasses and left the car.  After he exited it, it left.

"Did Miyoung-sshi need anything?"  Kyung mi asked.

"Nothing."  Cheondoong shook his head and then proceeded to go to the site but then stopped short, "Ah... And... How are your injuries?"   Kyung mi stood there slightly shocked but then regained her composure.

"I-I'm fine.  You dont have to worry."  She smiled.

"Who said i was worrying?"  Then Cheondoong left her behind.

"Tch... He could at least pretend that he is..."  Kyung mi pouted and said to herself.  Then she followed him to the site.

"Oppa!!"  Na Eun rushed over to Cheondoong once she spotted him.

"What are you doing here?"  He asked annoyed.

"Aww dont be like that.  I wanted to see you."  She smiled innocently and once she saw Kyung mi behind him, she stopped smiling and brattily glared at her, "What is SHE doing here again?"

"She's my assistant.  If you have a problem with her then you have a problem with me, got it?"  He said and then with that he left to get ready for the shoot.

Na Eun pouted then looked back at Kyung mi, after Cheondoong left, who was standing there innocently trying not to meet her gaze.

"If you're trying to seduce MY oppa then think again... ..."  Na Eun quietly said the last part as she gave a face to Kyung mi.  Then she left.

Kyung mi sighed once she was alone but then a voice called out to her and she turned around to see Jaejoong.

She smiled, "Jaejoong-sshi."

"How is the mission going?"  He got right to the point.

"Fine."  She said.  Jaejoong paused before continuing, "Tomorrow is Cheondoong's birthday.  Perfect timing for you to get intimate with him."  

Kyung mi widened her eyes, "In...timate?"  She asked slowly.

He nodded and hesistated as if the next thing he was about to say was harder for him to take than for her, "You must be friendly and turn on your feminine charm.... also..... On the day of his birth.... you must.... give him a kiss.  On the lips."  Jaejoong looked straight at Kyungmi's widened eyes.

"K-kiss?"....  She couldnt believe what she heard.

"Since first he executed the kiss, now you must do it.  Please dont think much about it.  It's only for our country.  Isnt that why you accepted this mission in the first place?  For our country?"  Kyung mi lowered her gaze and nodded slowly.

Then she looked up, determined, "I will do it.  For our country."  Then before Jaejoong could respond Cheondoong called her over.  

"Then.."  She nodded at Jaejoong and then ran over to Cheondoong as Jaejoong looked off at her.

"I thought you said you didnt know him."  Cheondoong said without taking his eyes off the magazine in his hands.

"Jaejoong-sshi?... Ahh.. Its just... we thought we might have something in common since we both work for celebrities."  Kyung mi lied barely.  

"Common?"  Cheondoong looked up from his magazine, "What could you guys possible have in common?"  There was a hint of jealousy but Kyung mi could not detect it.

"Well... We both like martial arts-"  She started off innocently.

"Did i ask you?!"  He cut her off.  Kyung mi looked at Cheondoong, confused.  

"But... You asked me what we had in common-"  

"That was a rhetorical question.  RHETORICAL!"  He yelled the last part.  Kyung mi jumped at his yell.  Jaejoong observed this whole scene.

"Nevermind... Just get me some water."  Cheondoong said while looking back at his magazine.  Kyung mi nodded, still confused, and then walked away.

While she was getting the water she huffed in frustration, "Cant stand him.."  Then Jaejoong appeared, "Is everything okay?"

"Ah."  She turned around and noticed him, "No.. Everythings okay."  She smiled.  Jaejoong observed her for a bit and then started to talk, "I saw him yelling at you."  Kyung mi nervously smiled, "Well... He just... does that sometimes.. yelling at me for no reason..."  She quietly said the last part as she was putting ice cubes in the water.

"Yelling??... Doesnt that always happen in south korean dramas when the guy likes the girl?"  Jaejoong asked.

"I'm not sure... But.. Im not sure if he likes me like that... seems like he hates me.."  Kyung mi said stirring the water while talking.

Jaejoong thought for a moment, "Kyung mi-sshi you must complete the mission tomorrow.  Once you.... kiss him.. if he kisses back then we'll know that he is warming up to you."  

"And if he doesnt?"  Kyung mi asked.

"Then.... We're going to have to try harder."  Jaejoong said.  

Kyung mi nodded then looked up, "I should get this to him or else he's going to yell at me again."  Then she smiled and walked away.

Jaejoong watched her leave until a voice spoke up.

"I thought you guys didnt know each other."  Na Eun said with her arms crossed, "Did you lie?"

Jaejoong turned around, "No.. We just had a small talk to get to know each other since it seems we'll be seeing each other a lot."  Na Eun took this in then walked up towards him, "I wont tell anyone that you like her.."  Jaejoong kept his poker face on.  She looked up at him, "If you keep her away from Cheondoong."  There was a slight glint of surprise in Jaejoong's eyes.

"Why?  Surprised that i found out that fast?..  Trust me.. After liking Cheondoong for so long ive been good at finding out other peoples' feelings for each other."  She smiled slyly, "Do me this little favor and i wont tell anyone."

"I dont think its in my position to tell her what to do or not.  After all its her job."  Jaejoong simply said.

"I dont care if its her job.  She can keep it... I just dont want her to get TOO close to Oppa okay?  Why dont you think on it and tell me your answer later."  She then left after lingering a while.  Jaejoong looked down, thinking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why are you so late?"  Cheondoong asked.

"Sorry.."  Kyung mi gave him his water and he gulped it all down.  

Then a photoshoot assistand came over and gave him a suitcase, "These are your gun parts for the photoshoot.  Piece them together and then come once we call you for the shoot. Thank you Mr. Cheondoong."  The man said slightly bowing then taking his leave.

He opened the suitcase with Kyung mi staring at the corner of her eye.  He took the parts and tried to piece them together but once accidentally slipped from his hand and was about to fall onto the ground but a hand caught it.

Once Cheondoong looked up he saw Kyung mi holding that once part in her hand.  He looked at her slightly surprised.

"Dont you know that you have to do this with caution?"  She said while piecing the gun easily.

"Do it swiftly.  Agile."  Then once she completed it she pointed the gun at him for a few seconds and then placed it into his hands as he looked at her suspiciously.

"This isnt your first time doing this?"

"Huh?"  She was caught off guard and made something up from the spot, "Well... I-I had my dad teach me since i thought it was cool."  She chuckled nervously.  Cheondoong lost all suspicion and felt awkward again after he heard her talk about her father.

"Sorry about your father."  He said not looking at her.

Kyung mi looked at him shocked and then nervously smiled, "Its okay.  Things happen, whether they're good or bad.  Its just the way of life."  Then he looked up at her after she said that.  It was almost a look of.... admiration?  Kyung mi felt awkward with his stare and then let her eyes wander.  

She nervously giggled and lied, "I have to go to the bathroom..."  Then she hurriedly left.

His eyes followed her retreating figure as he thought about what she said about "the way of life".  Then Na Eun interrupted his thoughts.

"Oppa!  They told me to get you."  She said smiling and pulling him off the chair by hanging on his arm

"Let go."  He pulled his arm away and then walked to the shoot.  She pouted but still followed him like a puppy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the photoshoot Kyung mi and Cheondoong were dropped off at the condo.  They both slept early because they were both tired.  The next morning, Kyung mi woke up earlier in a bit cuter attirehttp://aff.ysi.bz/assets/39/416/l_p0012941639.jpg because it was Cheondoong's birthday and she didnt want to mess up the mission.  She made miyukgook (Seaweed soup for birthdays), rice, and kimchi.

Once he came out he stopped short as he observed the breakfast, "What's this?"  She was standing there smiling, "It's your birthday right?  Happy birthday."  But he didnt smile like she thought he would.

"I dont want this.  make me something else."  He said.  She was a bit surprised by his response.

She tried smiling, "But its still your birthday.. Shouldnt you eat this?"

"I said... I. Want. To. Eat. Something. Else."  He said sternly.  Kyung mi tried again, "But-"
"Forget it.  Im not eating.  Throw it away."  He said then walked away to the bathroom.  Kyung mi was about to say something but he was gone.

"AIsh......"  She bit her bottom lip out of anger, "After i made this for him..."  

Cheondoong was in the bathroom and he was at the sink.  He looked at himself in the mirror thinking really hard.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Throughout the day Cheondoong didnt seem much like himself.  He was much sadder and more sensitive which Kyung mi noticed.  Jaejoong reminded her of the mission once they saw each other at the photoshoot.  but it was getting hard for her to find the right moment to complete it.

Once they made it to the condo Cheondoong first got out of the car, it was 9P.M.  Kyung mi was about to get out but Miyoung stopped her, "Kyungmi-sshi."  She turned to look at her, "Yes?"

"Can you please not let Cheondoong out of your site?  He always goes out during this specific day at about this time,  to who knows where.  To make sure he doesnt... or if he does.. please follow him?"  Miyoung asked.  Kyung mi nodded slowly then left the car and headed for the condo.

Cheondoong entered his condo and following him, Kyung mi was there.  He took off his current cardigan he had on and picked a random jacket with a scarf.  

"Are you going somewhere?"  Kyung mi asked.

"Out.  I'll be back later."  He was about to pass by her but she stopped him by holding his arm.

"Miyoung-sshi said to never let you out of my sight."  Kyung mi said.

Cheondoong looked at her, "If you want to come then come.  But im going."  Kyung mi was about to protest but Cheondoong left before she could.  She bit her bottom lip then decided to go with him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheondoong walked to a strange street where there were many mini street stores selling hairbands, sunglasses, masks, etc.  and also street vendors with ddukbbokki and fishcakes.  He first walked over to a table with headbands on it, cute ones too.

"Aigoo always coming at this time of year huh?"  The ahjumma asked.  

He smiled slightly, "Yeah."  He looked over the headbands as Kyung mi awkwardly waited there looking around and wondering why no one noticed the big star Cheondoong.

He picked a cute headband with a pink ribbon on it and then looked at Kyung mi who was still looking around.  He put the headband on her and she looked at him with wide eyes.  He smiled at how cute she looked.  Kyung mi hurriedly pulled the headband off and set it back on the table.  Then Cheondoong went over to the sunglasses and tried on some funky ones as he looked at Kyung mi.  Despite herself, she couldnt help but to chuckle a little at how funny he looked.

They spent sometime putting on sunglasses and laughing.  Then they went over to the hats and tried on silly ones.  They were both having a good time.  

"Want some ddukbboki?"  Cheondoong asked as they passed by a street vendor selling Ddukbboki.

"What's ddukbboki?"  She asked innocently.

Cheondoong looked at her with shock, "You dont know what ddukbboki is?"

She shook her head, confused.

"Come on."  He grabbed her hand and let her through the crowd of people surrounding the vendor.  For some reason Kyung mi's heart felt weird once he touched her hand and she noticed but she ignored it after pondering on it.

"Ddukbboki please ahjumma."  He said smiling at the lady.  As she gave him some he took a toothpick, picked one up and looked at Kyung mi.

"Ahhh"  He raised the piece to .

She nervously smiled, "It's okay."

"Eat it.  Ddukbboki is something every korean must eat."  He insisted.  After hesitating for a bit Kyung mi went forward and bit the piece and swallowed.  

"Its really good."  She said smiling.

He smiled once she was and they fed each other more pieces.

After all the fun going around trying on hats, sunglasses, etc. and eating Ddukbboki they went off to sit on the swings of the playground near the condo.

They were still smiling at how fun the night was.  Kyung mi looked at her side.

"Thank you."  She said.

He looked at her and slightly smiled, then he looked up in front of him, "Do you know why i go there?"  She waited for him to continue.

"Because they dont know me... That's the only place where i actually feel... normal... the same.."  He said looking up at the sky.  

"But... Why today?  On your birthday?"  She carefully asked still looking at him.  Cheondoong face slightly darkened as he looked from the sky to the ground.

He hesitated a bit, "Today... was the day my parents passed away..."  Kyung mi was shocked but she couldnt say anything.

"We always used to go there together... having fun... at exactly this time on my birthday... thats why i go there..."  He said smiling sadly at the memory.  Then he looked to his side.

"What about you?... Your parents i mean..."  He asked.  Kyung mi looked down and then looked up again after a few seconds.  She slightly smiled, "I never really knew them well.. I dont even remember their faces... so i dont really have memories of them before their deaths.."  

"Well... Did you have any relatives that cared for you?  You know... after they... passed away."  He asked.

Kyung mi shook her head smiling sadly, "My parents didnt have any siblings."

"What about friends?" 

"Not anymore.."  Cheondoong was confused by this, "'Not anymore?'"

She nodded while looking up at the sky, "I was backstabbed by the only friends i ever had..  And ever since then.. I learned that you cant trust anyone... Not even your closest friends..."  Even as she was saying this she was smiling slightly.  Cheondoong looked up at her but it wasnt with pity.. There was a hint of admiration and even understanding.

"I'm sorry.... I wish that... we wouldve bumped into each other sooner.."  She looked at him, confused.

"That way... I couldve brought you in... and cared for you.. so you wouldve known what true friendship was."  He said sadly while looking at her.  Kyung mi widened her eyes slightly.  She was touched... Cheondoong was actually truly being nice from his heart.  She stared at him for a while but then suddenly, even without her knowing it, she went up and gave him a small peck on his lip.  Once she did they both were startled and her eyes wandered awkwardly as her lips were still close to his.  Cheondoong looked at her and then kissed her, grabbing her head and hand.  They both enjoyed the kiss.  

both of their hearts fluttered as their lips met.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------