Coming Back

Write Me A Story

Yifan and Jongdae (KrisChen)
Implied Past!KrisChen

 

Yifan strolled down the street, Luhan jabbering at his side, something about the boring work they did, when Luhan stopped, Yifan walking into the older male. 

 

"What the , Luhan?" Yifan exclaimed, "Why'd you just stop". 

 

Ignoring Yifan, Luhan just points across the street, "Isn't that the chorus boy you dated back in high school or something? Jongdae, right?". Yifan turned to the direction Luhan was pointing at and his heart raced, breath getting caught in his throat even though it's been years since he saw the younger male that had caught Luhan's attention. Across the street was, indeed, Kim Jongdae, the skinny, quiet chorus boy who was surprisingly full of sass but cute as a puppy. Except, Jongdae was now taller (still much shorter than Yifan), with a well proportioned body and gorgeously sharp cheekbones. 

 

"Damn, he got the good end of the stick when it came to puberty", Luhan commented, eyeing Jongdae, "And that's a mighty fine too. Sadly, you let him get away back then. What a shame". Not listening to a word Luhan was saying, Yifan dashed across the street at the nearest cross walk, managing to catch up to Jongdae in no time. 

 

"Hey", Yifan panted, trying to regain his breath. 

 

Surprised, Jongdae smiled a cat-like grin and chuckled, "Hey, Yifan hyung. What a surprise to see you around. Weren't you off studying in China or Canada or something?". 

 

Giving a polite smile, Yifan just nodded, "Soooooo . . . .how've you been? It's been a while". Nodding in agreement, Jongdae started to walk down the street, "It's awkward catching up just standing here. I know a great cafe around here so go with me?"

 

"Sure"

 

Before they knew it, the two were seated across from each other in a tiny cafe booth, Yifan with his extremely awkward, giant limbs and Jongdae with his tiny, petite figure. They fill each other in on what's happened in their lives during the years they've been apart, each listening intently when the other speaks until they work their way back to the time they were together in high school, awkwardly smiling at each other and avoiding eye contact in a nerve-racking silence.

 

"Hey, y'know, I know it's been years but I couldn't ever stop thinking of you", Yifan whispered, breaking the silence. Jongdae stays silent and Yifan takes it as a sign to continue. "Back then, I guess I didn't really understand love, not that I do now, but I just really regret breaking up with you back then. And on top of that, I had to leave to go study in China as well as Canada and it was a mess and I guess I wasn't really sure if I was ready to go through that with a long distance relationship going on.  But I really haven't stopped thinking about you in the past couple of years and I was just wondering . . . do you wanna start over?". Jongdae makes eye contact with Yifan and just chuckles, scaring Yifan for fear of rejection.

 

"You're stupid. What do you mean? 'start over'? Have you forgotten what I said before? No matter how long you took, I'd wait for you to come back for me"