Afternoon With a Wolf Part 1

Those Killer Angels

|D.O.|

We all obtain energy quite differently.

I am proud to say that I obtain it the cleanest out of all of us.

Being Killer Angels, we’ve been altered and...recreated, in a sense, to only be able to eat in the cruelest and most disgusting ways possible. Worse, we exult and soak in even more energy when we kill cruelly and disgustingly.

Worse yet, we know how disgusting we are and we just can’t help it. That’s what we must do to survive. That’s the only way we can survive. And that’s the magic of it all: the Council has condemned us into beings that are intelligent beyond compare; yet we still can’t even eat in a humane, respectable manner.

So who’s more cruel: us, the Killer Angels who are forced to obtain energy this way, or them, who have made us into it?

But after all, we are Killers. And who are we to be called Killers if we can’t live up to that name?

Kris leads the Wolves as the Alpha of the Wolfpack. He’s pretty proud of being the Alpha, as well as the self-proclaimed leader of the twelve of us. What he shouldn’t be proud of is his temper, or how quickly he changes shape when he gets hormonal, or how he kills.

He brings the pack once or twice a month to hunt, but I swear he sneaks in a couple snacks here and there. Generally it sounds fine if anyone has a snack, but there are two types of people in the world that shouldn’t have any: people on diets and people that eat other people.

Because one more snack for Kris means one less person in the world, and one more family in mourning.

At least, that’s how I think about it, even though Kris always insists he takes the suicidal ones.

But hey, that’s the Killer Angels for you. We look human, but we rip people’s heads off and eat their bodies savagely. Or we raid hospitals because it’s a more humane alternative than the blood out of our neighbors.

Basically, our diet is humans and eating them in the sickest way possible.

And don’t just call me out for judging them while I say I’m “cleaner”; I have a right because I’m an Elemental, the most civilized type of Killer Angels. I eat poisonous plants and as much heavy carnivorous-animal meat as I can, and I’m the vegetarian of our group. It’s still not enough to get me by though; and I’ll guiltily admit that like the others, nothing turns me on more than y women...flesh.

Aren’t we just lovely creatures.

I would tell you to shoot me, except I can’t die from being shot.


 

Chapter 5~ Afternoon With a Wolf 

 

 

Your POV~

“LEE SEOYANG-AH! GET DOWN HERE, YOU’RE GOING TO BE LATE! HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY BE LATE TO MEETING THE HOTTEST BOY IN ALL OF THE UNIVERSE, ALONE!”

“Yeah, yeah, I’m coming Mother,” you muttered to yourself as you pulled out your earbuds, slammed your laptop shut and shuffled downstairs. Jisang was waiting for you at the foot of the stairs, her face scrunched into a disappointed pout and her arms crossed, but you knew she couldn’t hold that position for long when she was excited. She sprang at you the second your feet touched the floor, giggling with excitement.

“OH MY GOD I CAN’T BELIEVE IT THE FANFICTION PROPHECIES ARE REAL YOU ARE HAVING A FUTURE IDOL HUSBAND!”

“Jisang calm down. I’m not going just to see him, I have to-”

“NO YOU’RE GOING FOR HIM AND ONLY FOR HIM OMIGOD OMIGOD YES YOUR BABIES WILL BE BEAUTIFUL.”

“Jisang, let go of me I need to breathe!” You wriggled away from her arms of steel and looked sternly at her euphoric expression. “And stop talking in caps lock, you’re blasting my ears out.”

She gave you a thorough look-over and shied away in distaste like a cat, screeching, “This is your outfit?!?! Ew I can’t believe anyone would fall for you with that, let alone an idol? Where are your high standards of having a famous boyfriend?”

“Thanks,” you replied dryly, looking down at your own casual striped top, pale distressed jeans and sneakers. You began to undo your messy bun to twist it into a braid. “That really boosts my ego - not that there was much left of that to begin with.”

Jisang sighed. “Sorry. I’m just so excited for you, I mean come on it’s EXO-

“Then you should be the one going with Hyunseuk to help at the SM building, not me,” you challenged. “You didn’t want to - and you’re the craziest saesaeng fan of theirs if I’ve ever seen one.”

Your friend looked up dreamily in a way that made you want to gag. “Just think about all the idols that live in that one building, all the iness and fame and fortune...” She stamped her foot and glared at you. “And you’re going in that?! Not even a cute dress or anything?”

You rolled your eyes. “Please. I’m not dressing to impress, I’m dressing to volunteer.”

“Whatever.” She humphed and looked away. This girl really should’ve taken drama or something, you thought. She excelled at it.

You walked to the door and was about to leave when you stopped, hesitating with your hand on the door handle. Images of what you’d seen of the twelve boys, their multicolored eyes, animalistic smells and actions, and their temperamental issues, so unlike the typical celebrity, flashed through your mind. For some strange reason, a pang of fear seized you and you squeezed your eyes shut. Before you could stop yourself, you said weakly, “Jisang-”

She looked back over her shoulder, curious and her eyes wide. “Hmm?”

If I don’t make it back, if something happens, because I know there’s something that’s definitely going on that isn’t normal it’s bizarre and wacky and jacked up and I need to investigate but I don’t know it might be dangerous- You cleared your throat and swallowed, pushing the frantic thoughts to the back of your mind. She wouldn’t believe a word - more like she’d lock you up for being a psychopath. “See you later.”

Little did you know that later entailed not just hours, but days.

 

“Hyunseuk, where’s room 113?”

The boy turned around, his face lighting up in a warm smile when he realized it was you. He shifted the box he’d been holding onto his other hand and pointed. “There, in the hallway and on the left.”

You smiled at him. “Thanks.”

He blinked and opened his mouth as if about to say something. Then he tilted his head slightly, eyebrows furrowed. “Why are you going there?”

You showed him the files you had in your hand. “Your father told me to place these in the drawers according to the date and name. Why, what’s in there?”

He laughed lightly and shook his head. “Nothing. I’ll come with you, to make sure you know where to put things.”

It was your turn to look at him strangely. “What?”

He gave you a pretend hurt glance before breaking out into an easy grin. “You don’t want me to come with you?”

“No, no, it’s not like that,” you said quickly, despite his skeptical look. “It’s just out of character for you to - well, not out of character, but I don’t remember you ever going out of your way to walk me to a room that I can obviously find.”

Hyunseuk tilted his head back and laughed loudly, shifting the box in his hands. You stared at him - this boy was an enigma. You knew him like the back of your hand, but today he sounded rather forced. His eyes darted around, as if he were nervous, and his lips were tight.

“...What’s wrong?”

He shook his head quickly. “Nothing. You’d have to pass EXO’s dance room first to get to the room.”

Your heart skipped a beat and it was suddenly very hard to swallow. Your throat felt parched. Drop by the SM building sometime! Kai had said during your meetup with them. It was a casual, friendly invitation, flirtatious at the most, but there was something so off about the boys that it made you shiver. Maybe it was being famous at such a young age that got to their heads, or maybe they were just strange people to begin with. Any normal fangirl would’ve probably fainted at Kai’s words, but it still chilled you to remember them.

Was it dangerous?

“What?” Hyunseuk’s honey-brown, confused eyes turned towards you. You didn’t realize you’d said it out loud. He smiled in a puzzled way, answering in a tone of voice that was more like a question. “No? Are you saying the boys? Why would they be dangerous?”

You shook your head and walked ahead of him before he could pry further.

“Wrong way Seo,” Hyunseuk laughed behind you. You swung around to look him in the eye, pouting a little. “It’s this way.”

You followed suit, shuffling the files in your arms, your heart thumping loudly.

Okay, it was time to admit to yourself - you’d researched a little about EXO, having known very little about them prior to the visit.

They had powers. Each had a superpower, assigned to them as their concept. To be blatantly honest (although you would never say this aloud to Hyunseuk’s father’s face) the concept was a little ways over tacky, and the special effects in the music videos showcasing their powers were downright lame. Sure, Kris’s glowing red eyes in the music drama video were almost convincing, and the flashing blue insignia seemed like an almost real tattoo, but still. That was nothing compared to Kris’s real red eyes. Dark, blood red - an ominous red. And you refused to think you had seen otherwise.

So, before arriving to the SM building, you were on your laptop. And before you’d known it, you’d gone from searching up EXO to searching up mythical creatures.

Demons. Vampires. Guardians. Werewolves. Anything in between. You’d come up with practically nothing.

Until you typed in, on a whim, dark angel.

Tao fit the description best, sans the wings. Kris, Chanyeol, Xiumin, Kai - especially Kai - seemed a mix of werewolf and angel.

But one image that terrified you the most was a lean, lithe man with the dark wings spread behind him and his head tilted back. His hair was honey colored and his eyes were hidden in shadow.

He looked exactly like Luhan.

Before you could research further on the topic, Jisang had scared the living daylights out of you by yelling for you from downstairs. You hadn’t even realized how sweaty and jumpy you were, not until you left the room. You’d calmed down before meeting Jisang, but to think of EXO again, after what you’d researched and even though it was probably not real…

It scared you to see them again. And you knew they’d see you as even stranger than they already did with the way you would act.

You had seen the looks on their faces when you’d met them. Luhan’s freakily puzzled stares, as if you didn’t belong there; Sehun’s pedo glances your way (although come to think about it he always looked kind of ic - no offense Sehun); Kris’s dark, angry gaze. They had probably been fighting before, and it didn’t seem like they were exactly on terms with each other when you’d met them.

And you were still curious as to what they were saying when you left the room with Jisang. That was a close one, one of them had said. What did that mean?

There was no backing down now. If you did a good job at the company, Mr. Kang might use his influence to help you earn an internship, which could lead to a decent salary. There would be money you needed, for yourself and for your family. You did not come from a rich household but you were well brought up, and today wasn’t the day to disappoint a long-time family friend.

“Here,” Hyunseuk said, his eyes sparkling as he gestured to a door labeled in the signature font, EXO, on it. You shivered unintentionally and decided to focus on something else. Hyunseuk. Hyunseuk was, on any girl’s standards, the definition of cute, you noted. Now that you were both in your teen years, puberty had done wonders on him and he was how other girls gossiped about him; incredibly cute, with straight white teeth, an athletic build, smooth skin and a bright, warm smile. You never noted any of this, however, being his best friend, and with it being said that his father managed twelve smoking guys with an immense fanbase. The K-Pop industry, even though it made the boys fake, also caused Hyunseuk’s natural good looks to pale in comparison.

“What?” he looked at you in confusion and you looked away quickly, willing your cheeks not to flush. You had been staring.

“Nothing.” You shook your head and pushed the door open tentatively.

Hyunseuk nodded awkwardly and walked away. He seemed to be quite uncomfortable around you nowadays, and you couldn’t really understand why. “Good luck,” you thought you heard him say as he turned and left.

What?

“Seoyang!” The warm greeting washed over you as you entered the room subconsciously, still looking back at Hyunseuk. You jerked to attention and noticed five of the twelve EXO members staring at you. Your heart leaped, and it was the strangest feeling to fear people the way you feared them now - not in the way you feared your parents the time you failed a test, or even in the way someone may feel when people are trailing her in the dark of the night. It was an instinctive fear, a fear when a prey senses a predator around.

This chilled your blood. But you quickly rubbed the thought away. I’m being so ridiculous. There are no such things as demons, or werewolves, or dark angels, or anything of the sort.

You forced a smile as you assessed the situation and attempted to wave awkwardly. The leader, Suho, had been quickest to recover from the initial shock of you barging into what seemed to be their break room. He had stood up and greeted you with the friendly tone of your name. Most of the youngest members, Sehun, Tao, Kai, D.O., and Chen, were in the room as well. Sehun had been eating something, and his face was frozen in mid-chew, his cheeks bulging. Tao and Chen seemed to have been fighting, with the pouted looks on their faces, and D.O’s head was in Kai’s lap.

D.O. was sleeping. Sehun, Tao, and Chen managed cheerful eye-smiles and waves, although you could tell it was killing Chen just to fake it. And Kai.

He looked up, and there was something so dark and brooding in his eyes that you automatically took a step back. His sharp, white-toothed smile seemed to completely contradict the element of his eyes.

“What are you up to here?” Suho asked, interrupting your thoughts.

You shook your head and held up the files. “I’m just helping Mr. Kang and his son out, sorting files. Oh, and no need to use honorifics please, I’m not older than you,” you said in an attempt to sound conversational. Although, how conversational can one get when one is speaking to members of a band that girls go crazy over and tickets sell out within minutes?

“Then neither do you,” Suho pointed out, winking. “That’s very kind of you, the band appreciates your efforts to lift Kang manager hyung’s workload a bit. We all work hard, and it’s no easy task for the managers either, handling twelve of us.”

You stared at him. “Did you always talk like this before you became famous, or are you just trained to be incredibly respectful now?”

Sehun gave you an odd look not unlike his usual ic stare, and it wasn’t until he did so that you realized how rude you sounded. “Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it like that, I was just wondering-”

“It’s fine,” the EXO-K leader grinned, laughing it off. “It’s become a habit, I guess. Show biz, right?” He threw up his hands, and you detected something else in his expression. Sadness? Disappointment? Frustration?

“You look nice today,” Kai suddenly said, his forced grin replaced with an easy, flirty one. Even though their faces were devoid of makeup and they looked surprisingly plain, even sickly almost - the effects of the long hours and little sleep were written clearly over their bodies when there was nothing to cover it up - Kai was still flipping gorgeous, and your heart ba-bumped a little extra. Out of fear? Yes. Out of the fact that someone very, very cute was sitting in front of you and it wasn’t everyday that said someone was a celebrity? Totally.

“Yeah, uh, thanks. Uh, you do too.” Kai looked surprised, and then his expression turned smug as the other five also glanced up, obviously confused. Kai was wearing a plain, loose black shirt and a pair of old sweats that had rips at the hems, along with old torn sneakers. His hair was mussed up and unstyled, and he looked as about Plain Jane as a guy could get.

I’ll shut up now. Obviously flustered, you turned away to open the small closet-like door at the opposite side of the room. with a weak smile at the small group. “Room 113, right?”

“Uh...yes.” For once, it seemed that even Suho was at a loss for words.

You opened the door quickly without looking back, fearing you’d embarrass yourself even more. But by the time you shut the door, a million curses ran through your mind.

.

The room was filled to the ceiling with cabinets and files, and a single lonely-looking old computer in the corner. It smelled dry and musty, as if no one had ever gone in before, or bothered to at least air it out. Another plus: it was tiny, and very cramped. You could already feel the effects sinking in, sweating profusely and hyperventilating.

Great thing you had claustrophobia.

Your irate fear was minor compared to major claustrophobics, so you swallowed it and turned to the file cabinets, breathing as deeply as you could. This is not good this is not good this is not good...the words kept running through your mind, screaming inside your brain. You took a manila envelope with shaky, trembling fingers, your palms leaving a sweaty imprint on it as you searched for the file it was supposed to be under. E...E for elephant...E for EXO...goddammit shouldn’t they have secretaries for these things?!?!

You’d barely just laid the envelope on top of the massive E section before you felt the edges of your vision fade, and your limbs grow weak. Your breathing was becoming insanely loud inside the tiny room, which only elevated your terror and stress further by hearing the sounds echo around and around. You closed your eyes, hoping to keep a clear head - you needed the job this work would give you the opportunity to doing - but it wasn’t working. You put a hand to your chest, and your heart seemed to be fluttering weakly, desperately, against your ribs. It seems to be doing a lot of that these days. Your loud breathing became muted in your head. Your other hand pounded the wall desperately, searching for the door handle.

But it wasn’t there.

You whirled around, your vision swimming, and it seemed that the wall had gotten so much closer to you, so that you had no room to move. You swallowed, but your throat was dry. You looked up deliriously and the metal frame of the cabinets loomed over you, tilting as if it were about to fall. The door handle...where was the ing door handle?!

Before you could find it, a small opening in the room suddenly yanked open and someone grabbed your wrist, dragging you out with a look of utter concern on his face. Your eyes focused as you stumbled out of the room into brighter light, taking a deep breath of fresh, clean air.

Fresh, clean air. That was what mattered.

You gulped big gasps of it until you no longer felt faint or dizzy, putting your hands on your knees until they stopped wobbling like jelly. You were alive, you were safe, you were out of the tight little room and you could breathe. You let out a sigh of relief before looking up to see five beautiful faces mirroring the same worry, and one standing above you with the look of something unfathomable, like anger.

He was wearing sweats that were ripped at the hem, you noticed.

“Come with me,” he said, turning on his heel and grabbing your wrist before you could protest. You had so many other folders to file, you couldn’t leave now, and Suho was objecting loudly to his actions as well, saying what you couldn’t say.

“Excuse me dongsaeng, what are you doing? Where are you taking her?”

He ignored all of the inquiries and your weak tapping on his arm, dragging you out of the room and down the hall and down three flights of stairs while you stumbled along the best you can, his eyebrows still knitted. He grabbed a hoodie and a pair of shades on his way out, and as the doors approached into daylight you noticed groggily that this wasn’t the entrance you’d come from. This was the back entrance.

And as you were swarmed with clean outside air, you felt instantly refreshed. No longer stuffy, terrified, or in a building. You smiled.

Until you registered that one of the EXO members was still dragging you away from the SM building, away from fans and tourists that constantly flocked at the building’s main entrance, and he was taking you somewhere.

Far away.

You tapped his back impatiently, fear lodged in your throat, and raised your voice. “Wait, hey-”

He swiveled around immediately, his eyes blazing, and put a finger to your lips. You froze. Your heart accelerated rapid-fire once more.

“Shh,” Kai said.

 

A/N: Where have I been for the entire month! *throws hands up in air* I'm so sorry for practically abandoning this fic, but please bear with me! I've had writer's block - like insane writer's block - for this chapter, but now I'm over it and this is kind of a filler chapter to get into the real nitty gritty. I promise you it will be so so much better after this! I can't wait to release the rest, thank you for all the support of my beautiful bubblies, really ♥♡♥♡♥