Coffee Encounters [SEQUEL]

Coffee Encounters [SEQUEL]

It's been about two weeks since you've met Jongdae in that coffee shop he worked at, and two weeks since he had declared himself (without your permission) as your boyfriend.

 

- 2 Weeks Ago –

 

You walked into the coffee shop a week after Jongdae had told you to meet him again. You scanned the cafe to find your "boyfriend" and saw him already at the same table you both met at last time. Smiling to yourself, you walked over there to him and slid into the seat in front of him. Jongdae handed you a hot chocolate with your name on it, just like last time.

 

You found happiness in this new routine. Same coffee shop, same table, same drink, and especially, the same guy.

 

Kim Jongdae.

 

Clearing your throat, you nodded him a thank you. Jongdae gave you an eye smile. "Thanks for meeting me again, _____," he said, reaching his hand out to your cheek and caressing it. You froze at the sudden action, and slowly pushed his hand away. Jongdae, being the happy guy he is, chuckled at your actions that he seemed to find cute. "Why are you so shy, my cute girlfriend?"

 

You blushed, but then rolled your eyes. "You never properly asked me out, weirdo. You just saved yourself as my 'boyfriend' in my contacts," you scoffed. He raised his eyebrows and leaned over the table, closer to you. "So if I did ask you out 'properly', would you have said yes?"

 

You snorted and flicked his forehead. Jongdae jumped back in his seat a little as he let out a screech. "Ouch, that hurt! My girlfriend is so meeeeaaan," he complained, faking a sob. You covered your mouth with your hands to hide your laughter at his cute immaturity. "Jongdae, I only met you for the first time ever that day. Why would I have said yes?" you answered.

 

Rubbing his forehead, he looked at you intensely. "Because you look like the type of person who would fall in love at first sight."

 

Before you could open your mouth to argue about his vague opinions, he quickly closed the distance between you two by capturing your lips.

 

~

 

You stepped inside the cafe to meet Jongdae again, but you couldn't find him anywhere in sight. So instead of going back outside into the cold, you just stood by the door, welcoming in the rich scents of espressos and warmth of the cafe to your senses. You assumed that Jongdae was probably finishing up any last orders during his work shift, because after all, he's a barista here.

 

Five minutes passed, and you were still waiting by the door since there wasn't an empty table available to sit at. A man with two drinks rushed to exit the door, only to carelessly bump into you. His drink spilled all over your clothes, coating you with the stench of a hot caramel latte.

 

Shocked, you stood in place as the man kept bowing and apologizing endlessly. "I'm so sorry, I'm in a hurry, and I'm just so sorry!" he exclaimed. The stranger slipped in and out of Korean and into the Mandarin language, his Chinese accent thick. "Accept my apologies! Please! I'll buy you a drink! Pay your drying bill! I'm so sorry!" he said rapidly.

 

His facial expression was so worrisome that you actually laughed. He looked at you curiously. "What's so funny? Is there coffee in my hair or something?!" he cried. You stifled you laughter a bit. "N-no," you replied, still laughing. "I've never seen someone so sincere and frantic about a simple accident. It's okay, you don't have to repay me anything." You smiled warmly at the grim Chinese stranger.

 

He perked up a little bit, and extended his hand. "I'm Tao, and you're ...?" You gave him your hand and shook it with his. "I'm _____," you introduced. Tao beamed. "Are you my noona? Noona is so pretty!" he squealed. You chuckled awkwardly and rubbed the back of your head. "I probably am older. But do you need a new drink, Tao?"

 

He nodded. "I need to go buy one for Suho-hyung now! Again," Tao whimpered. Tao pulled out his wallet and groaned. "I spent the last of my money on tips," he face palmed. You felt bad for the kid, so you offered to buy him a new drink.

 

"REALLY!?!?" Tao shouted, practically jumping up and down. "NOONA IS THE PRETTIEST, THE BESTEST, AND THE MOST PURE ANGEL EVER!!!" Your face flushed with embarrassment. You patted his head. "It's just a latte, Tao. Now shh, we're in public," you scolded. Tao just gave you a giant hug.

 

Then Jongdae walked out of the kitchen, witnessing Tao hugging you.

 

Jongdae had known Tao for many years now, and knows that Tao can be very childish and reckless. Yet, seeing Tao hugging his girl angered him right to the bone. A growl emitting from his throat, Jongdae marched over to you.

 

Jongdae pulled Tao's shoulder and grabbed you. Wrapping his arm around your waist, Jongdae glared at Tao. Tao gulped at his hyung's sudden change of behavior from very kind to an overprotective beast.

 

"Tao," Jongdae said cooly. "Don't touch what belongs to me."

 

The Chinese man then went from frightened to smiling. He leapt into the air and then grabbed for Jongdae's hand. "You're dating _____ noona?" Jongdae nodded, softening.

 

"Aww, noona ~ wae?" Tao pouted. Jongdae pushed Tao away from him. "Ew, stop the aegyo, you're over 20," Jongdae chuckled. Tao ignored his comment and kissed your cheek.

 

"YAH! WHAT'D I JUST SAY?!" Jongdae screeched.

 

Tao winked at you. "Noona ~ if Jongdae isn't here for you, know that Huang ZiTao always will! Now bye bye~!" Tao rushed out the door to escape Jongdae's wrath of fury.

 

Jongdae clenched his fist with the hand that wasn't holding your waist. You laughed. "What's so funny?" he grumbled as you both started to step out of the coffee shop. "Tao's adorable," you stated. Jongdae let go of you and folded his arms together. "Aw, is my baby jealous?" you teased. He grunted and turned his back to you. "NO."

 

You pouted. "Don't be mad at me. Look at me." Jongdae turned around again to you. "Only because you're pretty," he flirted cheekily. You rolled your eyes and stood on your tippy-toes to kiss his cheek. "And my sweet boyfriend is baaack!" you sang.

 

"And your boyfriend is also handsome, funny, amazing, talented, perfect, gorgeous, cute ..." he ranted, smirking. You stepped on his foot. "WHY DO YOU INSIST TO KEEP ON HURTING YOUR POOR BOYFRIEND?!" he yelped. "My boyfriend is also NOT modest!" you remarked with a playful grin. "Hey," Jongdae threw his hands up in defense. "I'm just stating all the reasons why you love about me."

 

"You also reek of coffee!"

"All day, err'day, baby."

You groaned.

"You smell like coffee, too."

"It's because of Tao."

 

~

 

Jongdae decided that the day should be spent on buying you new clothes, since your current ones were ruined by the incident with Tao.

 

"Shopping with the bae Jongdae in Hongdae today!" you cheered, waving your shopping bags around, not caring who heard your idiotic rhyme. Jongdae just shook his head at your foolishness, smiling. He pinched your cheek. My girlfriend is so cute, he thought.

 

~

 

"So I'm not going to stay a barista forever, I'm just saving up for a college tuition," Jongdae said to you as he walked you home. 

 

"What college do you want to go to?" you asked. "I don’t really know, but I'd like to be in film classes, though. Nothing all that smart, I know," he smiled, thinking about his future. You took his hand because yours were cold. He held your hand tightly as he kept talking about his college dream.

 

“Hey, you know what, _____?” Jongdae stopped walking when he saw that you guys had both arrived at your house. “What is it, Oppa?” He tucked a hair strand behind your ear to kiss your cheek. “I just want you to star in my first film, okay?”

 

You laughed. “Me? Why? I know absolutely nothing about acting,” you said. “Nah, you don’t need to know anything much about it,” he reassured. “I just want you to be my Juliet if I’ll play Romeo,” he blushed.

 

Face quickly turning red, you buried your face in your hands to hide your embarrassment. “You’re so cheesy. Aren’t you supposed to be the director anyways?” Jongdae shrugged. “I’ll play the male lead AND be the director. I don’t want anyone else kissing my jagi, okay?” He gave you a long hug and before letting go, he reached into your coat pocket and put something in there without you noticing.

 

“Thanks for the date, _____!” Jongdae grinned. “Thanks for buying me all my new clothes that Tao ruined,” you giggled. “Wait. Tao!” He tilted his head. “What about Tao?” he asked. “I told him earlier that I’d buy him a new latte!” you groaned.

 

~

 

Tao skipped over to Suho and plopped right beside him on the park bench. “Hyung! I met the prettiest noona today, and guess what! She’s dating Jo-“

 

“Tao,” Suho interrupted. “Where’s my latte?”

 

A moment of silence passed.

 

“Oh crap.”

 

~

 

After Jongdae kissed you farewell, you went up to your room. Putting your coat over a chair, something fell out of its pockets.

 

A note.

 

I love you.


[ A/N: Thanks to everyone who have subscribed and read "Coffee Encounters", and thank you for waiting patiently for the sequel! I am sorry for the ish ending, and I might not be able to write any new stories anytime soon b/c of school. >.< Always support Chen & EXO ~ Saranghae! ]