Chapter 9~ Are You What I Expected?

Lovely Royal

LR #6 photo PageStuff4_zps3949fe1b.png

(Eunhae 1st)

*Two Days Later*

Today, he was coming today. Miyoung had come earlier then she usually does because today she had to make sure everything was perfect. Dressing me in Jongin’s hanbok and somehow fashioning my hair into a work of art.

Lay #9 photo LRHair4_zps0ab557eb.jpg

Yet, none of this truly mattered to me. How could I possibly approach him when he arrives, what would I say? What would he say, would he too think I am beautiful? My nerves will not calm, my breath will not provide me enough air. Miyoung said nothing to me, she too was flustered and was searching for the right pair of shoes. The air itself felt rushed as I breathed in and out, I was anxious. Maybe I was tormenting over naught, perhaps Jongin would be the prince of my dreams… I was still in my own thoughts when Miyoung sat my in the chair to my vanity, applying light makeup to my face. “Don’t fret Eunhae, I am sure there are worse.” I wonder if that was meant to lift my spirits as she painted my lips red, I was doubtful with the shade and her comment.

 LR #5 photo LRStuff2_zps96c74d75.jpg

(Tao 1st)

Last night I did not catch a second of sleep, I ran my mind until the sun arose into my window. It did not want to stop, I wanted to sleep, to forget everything that was happening even if it was just for a moment. I was denied, sleep never came. Now I find myself hardy able to stand let alone smooth out today’s arrangements. Luhan is on a constant in and out, rushing around completing what I request. Although not saying a word, which is very unlike him. I must have startled him some yesterday, because while it is unlike him to be silent… it is even more rare for me to lash out. Luhan, being a tad childish, could simply be upset with me and is choosing to be stubborn in a way to punish me. If he is, now is not the time. To be quite honest, this made me glad that the wedding itself would be planned in the groom’s home. Keeping a calm as possible composer, I made my way to the dining room. Seeing sure the preparations were complete. I do not want to be rude but I cannot wait till Jongin returns home and this is all over.  I spot Luhan talking to one of the maids, pointing some way off. “Luhan,” I called over to him. He heard me and turned, a blank look on his face. Aish this kid… “Fetch Eunhae, she should still be in her room.”  Once again, he bowed and went to pass me. I grabbed him by the elbow before he could go too far, and whispered in his ear. “I do not know what all this is about however I would appreciate it if you would stop.” Knowing he would not answer me, I moved to wait outside for our guest of honor. I  could feel his burning gaze at my back as I left, though I did not turn around.

 LR #5 photo LRStuff2_zps96c74d75.jpg

(Luhan 1st)

I couldn’t help but stare at his retreating figure. What if I say something else that offends him? That is the whole point of not saying a word! To be truthful I was never upset with him, I had just taken out my foul mood on him. I guess from now on I will need to watch my words. After all, who am I to disrespect his wishes? Speaking of which, I better go get Eunhae.

LR #5 photo LRStuff2_zps96c74d75.jpg

   (Eunhae 1st)

   Taking a fifth glance in my mirror, I sighed. I do not even appear to be myself, I am a changed person. “Stunning, there really is no need to keep looking in that mirror.” Once again Miyoung was at my side, easing my tensions. Just then, a soft knock was heard at the large door. I questioned whether I had heard it at all, or were my nerves causing me to hallucinate? “I was sent to retrieve Eunhae.” Came the immediate explanation. “Are you ready, Eunhae?” I shook my head, physically I could not have been more prepared… it was my mind that was in disarray. “Why so tense, Luhan oppa?” his expression not once varying, his eyes nearly vacant of any feeling. Where was the Luhan oppa I knew? Seeing his stony demeanor my heart plunged farther, he was always there to calm me with his somewhat immature yet innocent behavior. “Forgive me, but you are needed in the dining room as soon as possible. I believe your fiancé will be here shortly.” He held his hand out to me and I hesitated to take it. I assume I had taken too long because he grasped my hand and took my out into the hall, not saying a word. Halting in my steps, I forced him to still. I ripped my hand from his grasp and flung it to my side. “Yah, Luhan! What has gotten into you?” “Please, Eunhae we must proceed to-“ “This is not like you, tell me what it is that has you so bothered.” I knew something had him troubled, I have never in my whole life seen him make such a drastic change. “Honestly I am fine, Eunhae. Now if you please…” “Is it typical of me to be uneasy?” Luhan had always had a way of countering questions, he would always reply as if no one was looking to judge his words. He was certainly not rehearsed like others I knew, he said what he felt and never told lies to sooth me. “Many wives revel in their husbands, as should you.” I am not certain if it was the way I perceived him but to my ears the words were cruel. “Oh should I? Then please forgive me, then I will be sure to revel in him!” Rushing past him, I hastily dabbed my tears, being sure to preserve my makeup. I recognized I would miss Luhan oppa when I parted, I was not aware he would be leaving me first. Spotting appa amongst the scuffling maids, I approached him. As I had expected, he too was uptight. “Recollect what Sooeun warned you about, do not speak to him unless he speaks to you.” I never was able to answer him, because oppa had opened the door. I could hear his voice, mixing perfectly with a polite tone. Appa left my side and he too spoke, though I could not make out the words. Then to reply I caught a terrifyingly unfamiliar voice. It was him, Jongin. Jongin was here. Turning my back to the stairs I took in a shaky breath, willing myself to breath correctly.

LR #6 photo PageStuff4_zps3949fe1b.png

Huge point in the story next chapter, hence the cliffy. sorry about that, but what are you gonna do? Hope to see you next time! ~Jlugo24

Sehun #1 photo giphy_zps80744913.gif