Meanwhile Taemin...

Confessions II

She's not mine.

What hurts is she's no longer free.

You know that feeling when you're so damn pissed off that you want to hit something or someone for no reason just to release the anger inside and then you hear her voice or see her face and the rage you feel no longer exists. That's Sunyoung for me. She didn't even have to look my way or call my name. Her presence makes everything all right again. She can douse the fire in me, she's the calm after the storm, my rest after a battle of schedule. But the only problem is she's not mine.

There's no way I could compete with all the other guys.

You see Sunyoung may not be the prettiest girl for the general public but her beauty is like wine. The more you look at her, the more she gets beautiful that you get intoxicated. Actually her face is just a bonus. It's her personality, her kindness, her passion for whatever she does, it's the way she cares about nameless fans or people she only met once.

But now the girl he'd always wanted is already someone else's girl.

And she's not just someone else's girlfriend she's his hyung's girlfriend.

I knew it was coming even before hyung confirmed it. I knew but still it hurt like hell.

But still I could not let go. I needed her like air.

The girl who'd been in my dreams is now walking towards him with a mischievous look on her face. She was taking her time slowly taking each step to get near me. I was alone in the practice room, just finished two dance songs and was bathing in sweat.

"Taeminnie!!!" She happily screamed her new nickname for me.

"What?" I tried to sound annoyed.

"Nothing! I just want to call your name."

"My name is Taemin last time I check and not - "

"Ani, you're now my Taeminnie..."

"And why is that?"

"Because you're Minho oppa's dongsaeng, and since I'm his girlfriend."

Does she really have to shove it to his face?

"Yeah you might be his..." I can't seem to say the word. "anyways you're still my hoobae so stop calling me whatever nickname you have for me."

Luna took a small towel from her bag and started to wipe the sweat from my face. I froze in an instant.

"Hey what are you doing?" I can't move, thinking I lost all my senses. Is my heart still beating?

Luna rolled her eyes dramatically like Key hyung. She really should stop hanging out with his diva hyung. "Just helping my Taeminnie..." Luna replied without really looking at him. "Wae?" She asked after a while and stopped what she was doing. "Okay you do it then."

I grabbed the towel from her looking at her and she just stood there waiting for me. "Alright hobbit what do you want?"

She faked a hurt look on her face, with her puppy dog eyes and I convinced myself that I'm now immune to this. She continues this until she saw me sigh in defeat. She knew she won. It no longer affects her if I call her hobbit, so should I just let her call me Taeminnie?

-

30 minutes later...

The hobbit stayed. She watched me practice another song then decided to rummaged through my bag and got all snacks I managed to snatch from Onew hyung laying them all on the floor and deciding which one to eat. I tried to stop her but who am I kidding? She gave me her biggest smile and stuck out her tongue before opening my favorite snack of all.

I stopped dancing when I saw her open another snack. 

"Yah are you here to steal my food?"

She didn't even look at me. 

"Park Sunyoung!" I called her and sat beside her when she turned to me I flicked her forehead not too hard but hard enough to make her feel the pain. I know I'm evil, but hey she just ate two snacks!

"What was that for?" She yelled back slapping me hard on my back. Sometimes I feel like Luna's stronger than most guys.

"For eating every thing." I answered simply and took some snack back.

She rolled her eyes again and I pretend not to laugh. "You didn't even buy those," she mumbled. 

"Why are you really here?" She opened a bottle of water for me and handed it to me with a confuse look on her face. "Wae?"

"You've asked that question a million times. Can't I hang out with you now? Wae? You have other friends you'd rather be with?" She's acting hurt again but I didn't buy it.

"Yeah, other friends who would not steal my food."

"Those friends are not real then, real friends steal food you know." She bursts out laughing. I smiled despite telling myself not to. "Honestly I'm here to check on you." She turned to me with concerned eyes. I could never tell myself not to like her anymore. What's not to like with this angel? 

"Wae? Are you my manager now?"

"Like you listen to your manager, pshh." She crossed her arm trying to return to her serious face. "Stop practicing too much. And stop eating all these junks."

"You're only saying that so you could have these junks," I try to copy her but she grabbed my hand. "What?"

"Taeminnie..." She said with her soft voice I try to stop myself but I ended up looking into her eyes. 

"Stop calling me that," I said but I know that she'll continue calling me that stupid nickname and I would let her.

"Why does everything has to change?" She asked, her eyes turning sad like she almost want to cry.

I know she's not referring to us. Why would she? When she doesn't even know my real feelings for her? She grabs my arm I let her rest her head on my should just like the old times. Yes, we were close when we were trainees but not everyone knows this.

"I'm no longer sure about us." She said and I know that even if I don't see it that she's crying.

"Every thing will be okay, you'll see." I said trying to comfort her with my words. But I'm not even sure if what I'm saying will happen.

"That's what they said, but I don't want every thing to be okay." Now she's confusing me. "I want every thing to be just like before. We were happy..."

We were silent for a moment trying to digest the words said and find meaning with what were left unsaid.

"Most say that I'd get used to it, maybe I will." She continued. I wish I could tell her that she will. But I know that I don't have the right I never experienced it and I hope I'll never experienced it. Breaking up or someone leaving is a whole new world to me.

"Did you talk to him about this?" I can't help but ask. I wonder why she's here with me when she could talk to hyung.

"Hmmm?" 

"Nothing..." I said. I know she's acting like the vitamin she wants to be all the time but I know that somehow, sometimes she wants to be the one who people would cheer up. "Sunyoung-ah..."

"Neh...?"

"Every thing will change as it always does." I pull her close and put my arms around her trying to give her my strength. I wish I could share the pain or even take all the pain away but I know that only through this will she become a stronger person. And it's how she will learn to deal with the changes eventually. 

"She got all her things in the dorm earlier, I helped her packed."

I forgot the two of them still share the dorm. They don't sleep there all the time but most of their things are still there. "You don't have to accept the changes if you're not ready yet. People will talk, as they always do. They'll tear you apart and hurt you but don't let them get to you. Don't let them change you. You're bond is stronger than their hate"

"Neh..." She said crying a bit more. After a while the tears stopped and I reluctantly had to let her go. "Thanks Taemin..."

I look at her with a smile on my face. "What happened to Taeminnie?"

She laughed and her laughter filled the room and my heart. This is enough, seeing her smile, hearing her laugh, making her feel okay when something's bothering her. I'm glad she came to me. I'm glad she's still my friend. And if calling me that stupid nickname will make her happy I'll gladly let her.

"When will they announce it?" I asked out of curiosity.

She shook her head. "I don't know..."

I got up and grabbed all my things she scatted on the floor. She watched me as I slowly clean the mess she made. "Yah you're really not gonna help me?" I tried to scold her but she just smiled.

"Nope," she said and sticks out her tongue.

"First you come here unannounced and steals my food and now you won't even help my clean up when it's you who made the mess. Some real friend you are."

She laughed at this and got up dusting her pants.

"Taeminnie..."

"Wae?" I smiled hearing the cheerful tone in her voice again but I didn't turn nor look at her.

"Taeminnie..." She continued.

"Alright, I know, I know that you're hungry..."

"Buy me some good food!" She said clapping her hands in the processes and surely when I turned to her, her eyes are already sparkling with the mention of food.

"Yah I already bought you lunch the other week!" I complained now zipping up my bag.

She snapped her fingers and glared at me. "Fine then I'll pay this time." 

"Eh is the hobbit mad?" I laughed as I mess up her hair, I know she doesn't like me doing that.

She pulled away and marched towards the door. "Hurry up I'm starving!"

-

I spent the whole afternoon with Luna, after eating we went for a stroll and I still paid for lunch like always. She offered to buy ice cream which we ended up eating in the parking lot. 

Finally she got a call from Minho hyung telling her that he'd pick her up for dinner.

"Thanks for lunch Taeminnie. I told you I'd pay..." she said playfully she knows that he'd take care of it as always.

"Yeah but you didn't insist enough just like last time." He dropped her off at the place where Minho said he'd be waiting. He offered to take her instead.

"Well maybe some things don't change after all, at least with you." She looked at him and smiled before she leaned at lightly gave him a kiss on the cheek. "I'll look forward to our next lunch," she said before getting off.

I stayed there even after Luna left.

She's not mine.

And she will never be.

But I'd settle for anything she's willing to give. Anytime she's willing to spare to spend it with me.

I'd settle for being her Taeminnie...

 

-

 

AN:

I really don't know what got into me and continued writing this.. This has been on draft for more than a year maybe... It started out as only between TUNA but with all the drama in f(x) and everything that has happened lately I ended up writing about them...

I'm sad Sulli left but if it's for the better then so be it. And I wish her all the luck same with the rest of f(x)!

TUNA lovers don't kill me O_O kekeke...

Pls review!