Final

Possessive

        Luhan woke up today in a great mood. His beloved boyfriend was sleeping right next to him, no one was being particularly annoying, and a new coffee machine had been bought the day before to replace the one Chanyeol broke. He woke darling Minseok up with a kiss, and watched as the elder gave him a cute, sleepy eye smile. After the two of them had freshened up in the bathroom, they made their way out to the kitchen of the dorm, where a majority of EXO was eating their breakfasts. Everyone was quiet in a way that spoke more of satisfied sleep than before-coffee crabbiness.

        Minseok was kind enough to get out breakfast for the two of them, leftover kimchi and some bibimbap from the night before. The others had already eaten the rest of the leftovers, but Luhan couldn’t find it in himself to ruin the morning with the lecture he would usually feel obligated to give. Luhan made coffee for the two of them – Minseok’s with more milk than sugar, and Luhan the opposite – and sat down at the cluttered table where his boyfriend had placed the food.

        They ate in relative silence. In fact, the entire group seemed to be appreciating the brief peace before they had to return to their hectic lives as an idol group. Later that day, they would be shooting for their reality show, which basically just followed them around as they did absolutely nothing. Not that Luhan was complaining; he quite enjoyed the break from hard training.

        Soon after breakfast, everyone had showered and thrown on whatever clothes they found, seeing as the stylists would be changing them into something else anyway. Minseok was comfortably curled up into his arms. He had a tendency to just space out and let Luhan manhandle him as he pleased. Seeing as Luhan could be a very demanding boyfriend when it came to their affections, Minseok learned even before they became a couple to accept the taller’s advances as to avoid any whining.

        While Minseok was casually enjoying his boyfriend’s company, Luhan was on cloud nine. Having such a peaceful morning with his best friends and lover made him extra cuddly, and Minseok didn’t even seem to mind. Luhan nuzzled into the shorter male’s neck, back hugging him as they waited for the rest of the group to finish getting ready so they could go start filming. Minseok rested his head onto Luhan’s, and began absentmindedly his hair. Even after coffee, the pair was still feeling the effects of sleep, and were quite content standing close together.

        After a few minutes, the rest of the members began waiting with them until their manager was completely ready to head out the door (not before telling the couple to tone their relationship down on camera, even though he was quite certain he would be ignored). They were herded into two vans, separated by sub-unit, and drove off to the first filming sight. There, the stylists did their make-up, which was thankfully lighter than what they wore on stage, but still gave them an unattainable look of perfection that people seemed to feed off of. Each member was given outfits of clothes, most of which was sponsored by some clothing brand or another. Their manager read off the basic gist of what the schedule for the day would be, and the boys were sent on their way to begin filming.

        Today was odd in the fact that Luhan was actually excited to be on camera. Yes, he loved his job and he was comfortable on camera, but he really only preferred the limelight when he was performing. Today though, he was in too good of a mood to not be excited to spend the day playing with his great friends and bandmates. Luhan couldn’t believe it himself, but he honestly thought that the day’s episode would be one of the better ones, even after he heard about the haunted house. Luhan was actually looking forward to it – the haunted house would give him a chance to show off his manliness and impress Minseok. All in all, Luhan was looking forward to a fantastic day.

 

 

 

 

 

        Luhan was wrong. Very, very wrong.

        Not only did stupid Kyungsoo pick him to go in the house with, but it was actually really scary! He had thought it was going to be a chance for the members to all look cool for their fans, but apparently the PR team thought the opposite was a better idea. Not only that, but he was completely certain his Minseokkie had heard him screaming his lungs out. Luhan hadn’t even heard a little scream out of his boyfriend when it was his turn. In fact, he had come back and gave a nonchalant shrug about the house, saying it wasn’t very scary. Meanwhile when Luhan had come back, he had been practically shaking he was so startled.

        If the humiliation had not already been enough to put a damper on his good day, the other members were certainly ready to step in. As soon as they had gotten back to their dorm, Tao had practically latched himself onto Luhan’s cute boyfriend. Minseok went along with the younger’s pathetic whims, and even made him hot chocolate. With marshmallows! How was that fair, he hadn’t offered any to Luhan! The moment got even worse when the idiot Baekhyun began whining at Minseok to give him treats as well, because he was ‘super scared’. Whatever Baekhyun.

        Even stupid Kris was hanging in Minseok’s general vicinity. How dare he, with his good looks and tall body. He was supposed to be EXO’s fearless, charismatic leader, not a scardy cat! He didn’t ask for hot chocolate, probably because Luhan’s glare scared him away, but he did stay around Minseok and his harem of spineless losers. Eventually after the babies finished their hot chocolates, and got tired of whining at Minseok about how scary the house was, Tao dragged him out to the living room to watch whatever bad reality television he could find. Normally Luhan didn’t mind when Minseok hung out with the other members, seeing as he knew them well and there was the understanding that Luhan would kill whoever got too close to his boyfriend. However, right now, Luhan really needed some Minnie time. He was scared from the house too, the others should get their own boyfriend to seek comfort from.

        Tao was not only forcing his beloved boyfriend to watch his stupid shows, but the younger Chinese was also cuddling up to him, which was totally not okay. That was like Luhan’s number one rule for the members: don’t touch Minseok for prolonged amounts of time. How dare he break the single most sacred rule in the dorm? The worst part was, Minseok was not even looking convincingly upset about the rule breaker! He looked like he was spacing out, as he seems to be most of the time, and wrapped his arm around the younger who was laying out over the rest of the couch. The two seemed comfortably situated in a way that Luhan just couldn’t stand.

        Luhan was at a standstill in his battle against clingy bandmates. He could chose just to go up to Tao and demand him to let go of his boyfriend, but after his embarrassingly weak run through the haunted house, he didn’t want Minseok to think he was childish. So instead of grabbing his boyfriend and taking him to their room so they could have some privacy, Luhan sulked into the kitchen where he grabbed an apple and began to watch over the two on the couch. Sure, Luhan may not actually confront Tao, but there was no way he was leaving the younger alone with his cute little Minseok.

 

 

 

        An unfortunate two hours pass without Minseok so much as squirming to get away from Tao, and Luhan was pissed. Let it be said that other than glaring at Tao the whole time, he had done absolutely nothing to interrupt the two of them. Minseok should have noticed how courteous he was being, and chosen to reward his boyfriend for his self-restraint. However, Minseok was not known for recognizing how hard Luhan works to give him space.  It was so hard; staying away from his cute boyfriend. Luhan almost couldn’t stand being on the other side of a stage in public, let alone in private. And here Minseok is, completely ignoring the needs of Luhan. How inconsiderate. Luhan continued on sulking, because what else could he do? If he intervened, Minseok may get angry, but if he were to leave, who knows what Tao would do to his boyfriend. Hence, Luhan was stuck.

        Fortunately, Minseok seemed to have finally remembered that he had a very demanding and clingy boyfriend waiting for him, and began to squirm away from the EXO-M maknae.

        “Nooooo Hyung I need you to be with me!” Tao whined as he clings to Minseok’s middle, making it impossible for the more petite male to escape.

        “Tao-ah, it’s getting really late, you should go to sleep.” Minseok reasoned. Minseok was always too nice to the younger members, he babied them too much. If you asked Luhan, Minseok should totally just shove the little brat off of him; maybe kick him a little bit for good measure. But Minseok was too much of a complete angel to hurt anyone.

        “Hyunnnnnng the ghosts will come and get me!” Tao continued to whine, and began nuzzling his stupid little head into Minseok’s stomach. This was definitely breaking so many of Luhan’s rules.

        “Well I don’t know what to tell you Tao, Luhannie and I want to go to bed though. He’s been waiting here for me for a while.” Yes! Finally!! Minseok put his foot down to a younger member! Luhan didn’t even feel half as mad at his boyfriend as he had a few minutes ago. He always knew his little angel had it in him.

        “Minseok hyung I can’t do that! Sehun will just tease me for being scared, and Kyungsoo doesn’t like to help me.” Tao continued on, not truly understanding how much Luhan wanted to beat him to a bloody pulp at that moment.

        “Well…. Maybe you can come and sleep in my bed tonight.” Wait what.

        “No.”

        “Luhannie, Tao’s really scared and I need to help him.”

        “But I need you too! I was scared from the maze too!” Okay now he was acting childish, but he couldn’t help it. He was tired and cranky and some tall Chinese kid had been hanging onto his boyfriend all night.

        “Minseok hyung, pleeeease let me spend the night with you! I’m super scared and I only feel safe with you hyung!” Trust Tao to really lay it on thick.

        “No Tao, you need to learn to handle yourself and not rely on your hyungs like a child.” Okay, so maybe that was a little harsh, but can you really blame Luhan? He’s been waiting for private time with Minseok all day, and the younger wouldn’t leave them alone. Tao looked like he was about to cry, and looked to Minseok for help.

        “Luhan, don’t say that! Tao baby, it’s okay, you can sleep in my bed today. Luhan can stay in his for once.” Minseok said with a glare. He ushered the other towards the bedrooms, and instructed him to wash up and bring that blanket he sleeps with every night. Tao still looked a little hurt, but did as Minseok said. After he had disappeared into the bathroom, Minseok turned to glare at Luhan. “Really? Was that necessary?”

        “But baby, we haven’t spent any time together at all today! I really need to be with you!”

        “Luhan, we spent all day together. We live with ten other guys, how can you honestly expect so much privacy?”

        “Well I can definitely expect at night, when we share a bedroom together! And now you’re giving that up to the members too!”

        “Look, Tao needs me right now. And you really need to grow up. You’re one of the oldest, and sometimes you need to act like it.” With that, Minseok turned towards their shared bedroom, and closed the door without looking back.

        That night, it was as if Luhan didn’t even exist. He was banished to his bed, and thus could not fall asleep without his warm boyfriend to cuddle up to. He could hear Tao and Minseok whispering to each other for a while, which had him positively fuming. Luhan stayed up way late into the night, thinking about ways to slowly and painfully destroy Huang Zitao.

 

 

 

        The next morning, Luhan had a black cloud hanging over his head. He refused to talk to anyone, and didn’t even wake Minseok up. However, his plan at revenge was thwarted because, apparently, Tao was an early riser. What the heck. He sulked to himself in an armchair the entire morning, only getting up to prepare for the day. The only schedule for today was the beginnings of preparation for their next comeback, whenever that would be. Luhan saw this as the perfect opportunity to ignore Minseok and Tao, without getting in trouble with the public.

        In the van to their building, Luhan sat next to Yixing. Lay was, surprisingly, someone who would accept pretty much any skinship from any member. Whether that was because he enjoyed the touch or because he was too nice to say no, Luhan didn’t really care. Luhan rested his head on Lay and generally sought comfort from the younger male. Lay – always an angel -- seemed to understand that something happened to upset Luhan, and was perfectly willing to comfort his friend.

        Practice had been kind of uncomfortable. Their next mini album had only just begun construction, so anything they went over was very vague. Mostly, just concept, possible plans for new haircuts and goals for the new year were talked about. After that, the members had a free day to rest up and prepare for their Lunar New Year celebrations. Luhan knew he would be heading home for a few days, so this fight with Minseok was upsetting him more than it already would.

        Luhan couldn’t find it in himself to socialize with the other members when all he wanted to do was be with his beloved Minseok. Luhan talked one of the managers to drop him off at the dorm, with the help of Chanyeol and Suho, who both wanted to pack up early.

        As he walked into the dorm, Luhan felt a new sense of dread about going home. On one hand, he couldn’t wait to see the family he hardly ever gets to even talk to. On the other, the man he was so in love with was potentially very angry with him for acting so selfish the day before. Luhan sighed, and decided to roam the internet looking for the cute moments between him and Minseok that their fans had caught.

        About an hour had passed when Luhan heard his door creak open. He looked up, and was greeted with the precious face of Minseok, looking a little bit sheepish.

        “Luhannie… can I talk to you?” Minseok stayed at the door, not totally sure if it was okay for him to just walk into the space Luhan was currently using.

        “Of course. Always.” Luhan answered, closing his laptop and moving over to give the other some space. Minseok quietly walked over, and sat next to Luhan. There were a few inches of space between them, Minseok obviously still a little unsure. Luhan wrapped his boyfriend up into his arms and rested his head on the smaller male’s shoulder. He felt as Minseok’s body eased of tension. He rested his head on Luhan as well, which seemed to be their default position.

        “I’m really sorry about last night… I know that you just wanted to spend time together, and I ignored you. That wasn’t okay of me to do.” Minseok confessed, nuzzling into his boyfriends arms.

        “Baby, I’m sorry too. I was acting very childish. I know you like taking care of the members, I was just so jealous. I don’t like sharing my Minseokkie.” Luhan mumbled into Minseok’s shoulder.

        Luhan lifted his head, and looked Minseok in his cute, brown eyes. He leaned in, and shared a slow, and almost lazy kiss with his boyfriend. It was sweet and loving and comfortable. After a while, They broke apart and continued hugging. They continued to give each other sweet pecks and Luhan couldn’t help but whisper loving things to Minseok that made him blush.

         Before anything could get heated, the great er of EXO, Baekhyun, barged in and loudly announced they all needed to go out for dinner at that moment. The pair sighed, but gave into the loud member’s whims. They walked out hand in hand, smiling sweetly to each other the whole time.

        And so, dinner was a rather exciting affair, with Tao and Sehun ending up throwing food at each other, Suho failing at keeping everyone acting like human beings, and Luhan glaring at anyone who so much as looked in Minseok’s direction. In Luhan’s eyes, the natural order of things had been restored.

 

 


 

A/N: Aaaaaaaaaand finished! and in only a few days!! This is like a new record. Anyway I hope you enjoyed. The request was for fluff and humor, so I hope I delivered!  Also, thanks to my irl bestest friend Jo for editing. She hasnt totally finished, so any mistakes will be fixed within a day or so, I was too excited to wait and post ><

 

Psssst follow me on Tumblr if you liked the story. It will make me feel mighty good about myself.

 

This is dedicated to potterfreek, who gave me all sorts of freedom with this one, and I really enjoyed writing it!