fourteen.

More than just a deal. (EDITING)

“Ah deul ah~” minhyuk’s mother said through the phone.
 

“omma” minhyuk replied while unlocking his car, “Yes, I didn’t forget about the dinner later. It’s ok. I’m fine now. Ok, see you later.” He end the call and start the engine.

“Oh yes, dinner…” Minyoung overheard the conversation and remember the dinner minhyuk’s mum mentioned earlier on.

 

“Yes, do you want to go home and change first or head to my parents’ house straight?”

“Is there any mall nearby? I would like to get your omma and appa some gifts. You know, is my first time visiting them…”

“Mall? There’s a department store along the way to my parents’ house. And, why do you bother to get them a gift? This may be your last time seeing them anyway… Unless…” he stop his sentence and eye minyoung suspiciously.

“What…?”

He smirked and says, “Unless… you are really thinking of going out with out for real.”

 

Minyoung scoffed and roll her eyes at him. “Going with a jerk like you? No thanks.”

“Jeez, I’m hot stuff in the store, okay. Stop acting like you don’t want me. Everyone knows how much you always wanted Me.”

“Jesus Christ, stop it.” Minyoung said and glare at minhyuk.

“Don’t be shy!” Minhyuk pinched her cheek and quickly let go and drive off to the department store.

“If you are not driving, I will probably-“

“Probably kiss me? WOAH! URI MINYOUNG LOVES ME SO MUCH!” Minhyuk cuts her off and give her a quick look, and quickly focus on driving.

“YA! You will get it later! I’m warning you!”

“I will get a kiss later? So sweet of you!”
_____

“So, what do your mother like?” minyoung asked while browsing through the small accessories displayed in the display boxes.

“Whatever you get for her she will likes it. She will even like it more if you show her a ring on your ring finger!” minhyuk joked and look around the boutique they decided to go in after walking around the mall.

“Funny.” Minyoung nonchalantly remarked.

“How about this? I think my mum will like this!” he said and pointed to a pair of earrings that are decorated with small shinning ruby birthstone on each side, not exaggerating yet it feels so elegant.

 

“I think is pretty too! Alright, I will get this!”, she went on to the counter to instruct the sale lady. This may cost a bomb, but then she’s working for minhyuk now. Fear not.

Meanwhile, minhyuk is eyeing on a gold ring with a small pink birthstone…

“Are you getting something?” Minyoung suddenly appear behind him, startling him.

“Huh? N…no no. Let’s go” he said and held her hand unknowingly.

“So, next, what do you dad likes?” She ask again, trying to stammer and show how anxious she is.

Why the hell is he holding my hand??????

“My dad loves wine! Especially, white wine.” He told her. “And is your lucky day, my mum told the kitchen to prepare chicken today. It will go well with white wine.”

 

“Let’s go to the wine store then! I remember I saw one just now…” Minyoung mumbled while looking around to locate the store she saw previously.

“Is a level below, let’s go!” minhyuk said and pull her along.

Well, they have been holding hand for the past 5 minutes… and minhyuk doesn’t seem to be letting go… so as minyoung… So, they decided to hold each other hands till they reached his place. Of course there are breaks in between, like when he is driving. But when it comes to red light, his hand will unconsciously search for hers and she will willingly give it to him, like they have done it multiple times. In fact, they have did it multiple times back in their “dating” periods.

Let’s just say… it has become a habit for both of them...