Chapter Two

Hired Killers' Life

Park Shin Hye

  I go to the place where my client said where my target will be. Oh, and the cash. Too many zeros to mention. That's what I care about.

 Anyway, I study the place and look around. "This should be easy," I tell myself. "Now, all I need is to--Aha! There you are."  

I see a building, which happens to be a parking lot, at the other side of the river. The meeting place and the building are seperated by a river and connected by a two-lane bridge. 

  I stop by a coffee shop and buy a cup of coffee before doing my job. I haven't slept for two days. I'm still stressed from the guy I killed few days ago. His voice still echoes in my mind. Ugh, he's very talkative. So it didn't take me a long time to kill him. I was planning to give him a few minutes to say his last words, but I was so fed up with his blabbering and I shot him immediately. Pretty brutal, right?

  I get ready and go inside the parking lot-a five-storey parking lot, to be exact. The fourth floor, I bet, is the best place to do my job so I decide do it there. 

  "No cameras?" I say in disbelief. "Nice security measures." 

  I put down my backpack and start to assemble the parts of my sniper. I put it on the stand and peek through the scope. I sip some of my coffee while waiting for the man to come. 

   "C'mon, son of a ," I say, "Come out, come out, wherever you are."

  I wait a few minutes more. And then a car pulls over, near the meeting place, at the other side of the road. 

  "Ah. It's about time," I say. I adjust the scope lens to 4x zoom. I ready my finger on the trigger, ready to pull it. But then, I suddenly remembered something. 

  "Oh, right. I totally forgot about that." I position my sniper to the west, a little bit far from the meeting place, and shoot two random people. I go back to the meeting place where my target is. He's talking with two other people, clients, I guess.

"Goodbye, buddy," I say, then pull the trigger.

  The bullet goes straight through the glass, hitting him on the head. I see the people in the place panicking, running out from the place, and some went to the man's body lying on the floor.

  I shoot two random people inside the meeting place again. Well, you know, to avoid suspicion. If the police see that the only person shot dead is the man I just shot, they'll think that he's the main target. But if I shoot a few more, they'll be confused who the main target is. 

  "That was easy," I say. I peek to the scope again to see what's happening to the place. All I see is people, running, shouting, the others breaking down. Then there's a food cart near the meeting place and I see something peculiar: a man was calmly leaning back on the food cart's counter, like there is nothing going on with his surroundings. Does he even know what's happenning? I adjust the scope to 6x zoom. I think he is looking at my direction. I feel a shiver down my spine. What if he's looking at me or he can see me?

  "Don't be stupid. You're at least 700 yards away from the place. How can he see you from that far?" I curse myself. 
 I peek to the scope again. The man is still there, and still looking at my direction. What he does just makes me shudder: he waves at me.

 "Oh, ," I say and put my sniper down. HE. IS. REALLY. LOOKING. AT. ME. 

 How the heck did that happen? I stand up, and peek to the scope, again, for the nth time, to see if the man is still there.  But he's not there anymore. Who the heck is that guy? Well, whoever he is, he just made me shiver. How can he see me from that far? Is he born with a sight that can see far like a sniper? I decide to clear that thoughts away and get the hell out of the building.