The Beginning of a So Cold ( re : Called ) Happy Ending

Water Under the Bridge

NOTES : the italic part means flashback, and the normal part means present day

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

 

 

It was all started at last year’s fall. When daddy arranged a blind date between me and Jiyong, his business colleague’s son whose heart was severely broken because his so-called girlfriend left to get married with another rich old man who actually more suitable to be her dad rather than a husband.

 

“ Appa, I don’t think that this is going to work..,” I pouted as my hand still busy flipping the pages of the latest issue of ELLE Korea which I recently bought this noon.

 

And appa just won’t reply me. A single smile curved at the end of his lips, as if trying to hold back his laughter from bursting. I wonder what is so funny about matching me up with that gloomy-Jiyong-guy who’s not even has any interest over me.

 

“ Even the awkward date with Youngbae is thousand times better than this one….,” I added.

 

“ Appa ?”

 

“ Appa ? Seriously! Are you even listening to me ?” I snapped towards my dad.

 

“ Just be patient with him, sweetie…,” he finally answered after took a quick sip from his coffee-cup. And he just left.

 

“Appa~~ I’m not seeing him anymore !!” I whined even more.

 

“ Appa!!”

 

I always knew that  daddy’s main purpose of setting this blind date is an arranged married. And I had to admit that I hate those stuffs. Does he think that I can’t find myself a great husband ?

 

Later that time, I just decided to avoid that guy. Simply because I don’t want that arranged married. But right after I decided to avoid him, my defense is officially broken. At that very same time, I realized that this Jiyong guy is actually has a kind of inner-charm that’s already trapped me. Even before I knew that I actually trapped. It’s crazy. Yes, it is.

 

“ Min Yoora !” a voice echoed through my ear that caused me to stop and turned my head towards the voice’s direction.

 

“ Who’s that ?” Youngbae who walked along with me asked.

 

“ Had no idea either,” I replied him confusedly. My very own head still scanning the whole street to find the voice’s owner though.

 

“ Okay, our ice cream is melting…I guess,”

 

Youngbae tried to pull my woolen sleeves and stopping me from searching the voice that called my name earlier. Even He pulled a bucket of ice cream from the Baskin Robbins paper bag he held and showed it to me. Using the ice cream to be his reasons.

 

But being his best-friend ever since the childhood days makes me knows him really well. He’s actually afraid that someone’ll distract our plan for this whole day. Ah, somehow I love this cute side of him.

 

“ Oh..okay..,” I actually back to my sense and continued to walk with him as slipping a single smile to this ‘cute-little-mohawked-boy’ stood beside me.

 

As we walked for a few seconds, another voice calling out my name. This time felt way nearer and louder than before. Furthermore, I felt a tap at my shoulder, and that constantly led me into turning my head to see who’s standing behind me.

 

“ H..hey..,” I was startled. But that doesn’t make me forget to curve a single smile at my lips right when I saw the figure behind me.

 

It’s Kwon Jiyong, isn’t it ?

 

But he looked different. It’s not a dark and gloomy Kwon Jiyong that I’ve met days before. Seriously, does that smile really belong to him ? Geez, I feel like he’s stoling that smile from others. He’s just so awesome when he smiles that it took my breath away instantly. And that was the first time I saw him with that glowing smile.

 

“ Hey…,” he replied me. Still, I was out of my mind at the time. I didn’t even realize that Youngbae is actually still standing beside me before he finally patted my shoulder.

 

“ What are you doing here ?”

 

“ I was having a short walk… Anyway, are you free now ?”

 

“ Yea, of course!”

 

Okay, my bad. Those words just slipped my tongue like crap. I totally forgot my plan with Youngbae at the time. My whole-self was just too immersed by this damn-pretty-vision standing right in front of me.

 

I could see Youngbae wrinkled his forehead from the corner of my left eyes. And I had to say that he did it disappointedly.

 

“ Aaah, b..but Jiyong-ah, I have--,”

 

Seeing Youngbae with his darkened face, I decided to just tell the truth about my plan with him. And I was about to spill everything to Jiyong before finally Youngbae cut everything off.

 

“ It’s okay, we don’t have any necessary thing to do,” finished Youngbae. Though he smiled, it’s a bitter smile, and I can tell it by just seeing his eyes.

 

“ Y..youngbae-ah,” I looked apologetically at him.

 

“ Really ?” asked Jiyong.

 

“ I mean, if you guys really don’t have anything to do, can I borrow Yoora for today ?”

 

I don’t know if he really doesn’t know or just pretending not to know that Youngbae’s actually mad.

 

“ Sure, you can..,” replied Youngbae simply. He pushed me lightly to Jiyong’s side and excused himself.

 

“ Okay then, I’ll see you later…,” he uttered bitterly before finally left Jiyong and me at the crowd.

 

I always thought that Youngbae is the most perfect guy I’ve ever met. Even I had thoughts of marrying him at the future when I was 8. But then this guy destroyed that perception at the very first place. This Jiyong guy made me think, for the first time in my life, that my future maybe not to be Youngbae’s wife, but his. And since Youngbae never really confessed to me, and nor did I, I still have  a right to keep seeing Jiyong, right ?

 

And that’s the point when I realized that he’s been officially broken my defense.

 

" Hey, are you okay ?" I dared myself to ask him despite his dark expression.

 

We were just back from his so-called ex's wedding party when he asked me to be his . But, not even 10 minutes we're inside, he can't hold it in anymore and decided to get out from the spot. Now we're just sitting still inside his stopped-car which neatly parked by the end of Han river.

 

" Hey, Jiyong-ah...,"

 

Trying to bring him back to his sense, I touched his upper arm and squeezed it lightly.

 

" I'm okay.. Let me buy us a drink, wait a second," he said before finally walked out from the car and walked towards the nearest store.

 

10 mins later..

 

Jiyong's back to the car with 2 bottles of... I'm not really sure what bottles are they. Soju ?

 

'Damn' I cursed myself when I finally realized that it's actually soju. I can't drink soju tonight and embarassed myself in front of him because I'll be drunk right away after two shots of soju. I seriously can't drink.

 

" Here,"

 

He handed me one of the bottle.

 

" I drink everytime this heart felt so uneasy," he began.

 

" It doesn't ease any pain though, but I drink to keep my body warm. It helps you to hold back the tears," continued Jiyong before taking his first sip from the bottle.

 

And I was nearly laughing when I heard his line. Seriously ? What is the main correlation between keeping your body warm, and holding back the tears ?

 

But then I suceeded to keep myself quiet and not burst even into the littlest giggle.

 

" You're not drinking ?" Suddenly he asked me such question, and to be honest, I was taken aback at that time. How could he know that ?

 

And to be honest, that's all I can remember regarding the night. Before finally I unnapropriately ended up at a strange place the next morning.

 

That strange place is none other then 'under-someone-else's-bed-sheet'. And that someone else isn't really anyone for me. It's Kwon Jiyong actually. Yea, I ended up at his bed the next morning. And it took like 5 minutes for me to realize that we're both laid at the same bed.

 

And .

 

" Can you explain to me about--," I tried to ask him, but ended up stuttering. Am not sure about feels like crying, but the hot tears threatening at the edge of my eyes somehow confirmed that I surely wanted to cry.

 

'What did he do to me last night?''

 

Or maybe

 

'What did we do last night ?''

 

I used the phrase ‘we’ because I can’t lie or even ignoring the fact that I’m having this hangover all over my head. And that means I was drunk last night. That’s tangible enough confirmed the fact that I was the ‘do-er’ of last night as well.

 

" About--this ?" I continued. I don't even know how should I react, do I have to be mad, or... I' don't know.

 

All I can do is just holding the bed sheet tight so that it covers my whole upper body. I can't even swift myself from this sleeping position, and I bet nor did Jiyong because we were just frozen at the bed that time.