A Typical Day For Me

THE PAIN of LOVING

A Typical Day for Me

The following morning, I woke up 3am to prepare for my trip to school. I stay at a boarding house, but every chance I get to go home, I always go home. It’s my first time to go away from my parents, so, staying there is a little bit hard for me. I picked my bag up, then stopped, seeing my phone’s screen light up. I cant help smiling, knowing who bothers to text me every morning this early just to tell me to take care and have a nice day.

 

          From: SuperMan

          Good morning. J. Take care and a safe trip. God bless. ^^.

I sat back down my bed, and typed : Ne. J. You, too.

After sending the text, I stood up and went to the kitchen.

As usual, my father’s cooking. My mom’s still on bed, it’s still too early to prepare for her work. My younger sister’s sleeping, too.

We talked while we ate the food, about random things. I want me and my family to have a tight bond, so I open up to them every time there’s something that’s happened to me. like… him. SuperMan’s another long story, but you’ll be able to know things about him as we go on.

“Are you finished eating? You’ll be late for the 5:30 bus,” papa said.

“Oh, yeah. I’ll just recheck my things and go,” I replied, and stood up.

It took me a few minutes to check my back pack. Papa’s waiting for me outside, I joined him and we walked till we get to the highway.

It’s the beginning of February, and the air is cold, making me want something to wear longer than my above the knee skirt uniform.

After almost an hour of waiting, I am on my way to school. I almost dozed off, having awaken this early and finishing my report so late last night. The trip to school went one hour and thirty minutes, but I still have ample time to drop my things to the boarding house.

My phone rang.

“Ya, hyung! You called early today.”

“Oh, I just want to ask if you heard our new song? It was released at mid night, Piripino time,” Suho hyung said.

I laughed at his pronunciation.

“It’s FFFFilllllipino, Hyung. You should learn your F’s and L’s, you know,* laugh*. Oh, your song?” I asked, balancing my backpack and a shoulder bag at once. “Yep!”

“Filripino. Ok, dongsaeng, got that. And???” I could feel the members waiting for my answer, because everytime we talk, it’s on loudspeaker.

“It’s good. The parts given to you are magnificent! You’re voice really gave justice to it,” I said, recalling their newest single. I heard it of course, before they released it publicly. Luhan and Chanyeol hyung sent it to me earlier last night.

“How about mine?!”-Baekhyun

“My rapping went on well, didn’t it, Dongsaengie?”-Chanyeol

“My part is good, too.”-D.O.

“Hey! Did you see our dance break?”-Kai

“Hey, didn’t you hear my part, BaDo?”-Sehun

“Wait! I cant answer everybody at once, hyung! Hey, wait. Why am I not hearing Kris hyung and the other M members?” I asked.

“Oh. Neomu BaDo. Of course, they went to China to promote!” Sehun said.

I groaned loudly as I open the gate of the boarding house, hearing Sehun use my nickname to him. Babo+Dongsaeng=BaDo.

“Hmp. Niga neomu nappeun! You’re so mean. That’s why I didn’t pay attention to your parts!” I made a sticking-out-tongue sound and laughed heartily.

“Anyway, hyungs, your new song is great. Every one of you gets to showcase what you got. The dance break is nice, Kai hyung. Especially the part where Suho hyung and you did that cooooolllllllll handstand part,” I paused, hearing the members react on my feedback, “And, Baekhyun hyung.”

“Yes?” his smiling voice oozed out of the speaker.

“What happened to you?! Blue hair!” I exclaimed.

“Oh. I’m so good looking, eh?”

“Uhm… just wanna tell you I want to have that hair color, too,” I laughed when I heard the members tell him that he isn’t handsome and that he looked like a robin’s egg with a body of a human.

I opened the door of my room and said goodbye after I thanked Suho hyung for helping me with my report last night.

I dropped my things and sorted them out. As I close the door, my phone rang again.

“Hm?” I asked, fixing the neck tie of my long sleeve uniform the same time I bounded down the stairs.

“Hm hm yourself, dumb head! Where are you?! My eyes are all whites waiting for you!”

“Argh! Shut up, YOU’RE BREAKING MY EARDRUMS! You’re sooooo gay, I forget you’re a real man,” I joked, knowing he’ll heat up more with this.

“Find another best friend. Bye,” he said, but he’s already laughing.

“I’m just joking, girlfriend! When did you get so sensitive?*laugh* Anyway, I’m on my way. Where are you?” I asked.

“Outside your village gate. Go faster! You’re such a slow mover. It amazes me why I stick up with you since we met.”

“Well… its because you love me!” I said, putting every inch of kidding I can muster.

“Ha-ha, boyfriend. Dream on.”

“Whatever! Wait for me. bye!!!” and I ended the call.

I ran, and cant help smiling. Percy’s been my best friend since the beginning of the first semester, and I can still remember how we met…

“Hey!” I exclaimed, punching him lightly on his side.

“Ouch! What the… I’ve waited for you for almost an hour, stood at this place like an idiot, and I get that?!” he exclaimed, threatening to punch me.

“Try!” I threatened back, but I’m already walking towards the highway.

I heard him sigh, and I laughed, going back to him and putting my left arm around his shoulders.

“I love you!” I told him, still laughing.

“Esh. Saying that…” he looked at me, his face a little irritated, “Never mind, let’s go.”

I smiled at him and looked up. The cloudless sky that is smeared with the vapour trail left by a jet plane.

I sighed happily and concentrated on walking forward.