Chapter 2

The Elctro Knight

 

A bright yellow light surrounds the card in a sphere and a young man appeared. He wears a yellow tuxedo with its sleeves ripped off, showing his arm muscles. On his left shoulder, there were lightning symbols tattooed to his arm. In both his hands, he holds a yellow object that is almost the shape of a dumbbells. His azure hair is pushed upwards, making it spiky.

“Finally, an opponent!” Electro exclaimed.

You took a step back as Electro charge at Suho. The water mage blasted a few water cannons at him but it didn’t have much effect.

“Thunder blade!” you cried.

Immediately, the yellow shape dumbbell had blue light emerging from the top end. Electro was fast to deal some blows as Suho was seen flying a few metres back. Rage registered in Suho’s eyes as he looked at Electro. He wasn’t expecting to get hit as quickly as that. Electro chased after Suho, throwing thunder strikes at the water mage. However, Suho had a backup plan. He waited for Electro to get within his range. He played a defensive style to lure him in. Eventually, Electro fell prey to his plans. Suho casted a water prison around Electro. The blue haired male tried to break free with various spells but failed.

“Don’t bother. This isn’t a normal water prison. It prevents the person trapped in it to break out so easily. Only be eliminating me wi-,”

You didn’t let Suho finish his sentence.

“Electro, leave,” you took out another card.”Aza, let’s go!”

Blue light enveloped the light that you threw. A beautiful young women appeared. Her sapphire hair tied in a bun. Small, snake-shaped earing made of gold were found dangling on both her ears. Her golden dress was dazzling under the bright lights of the arena but it was torn from her thighs onwards. Wielding a pair of serpent-shaped swords, Aza looked at her opponent. The blue hair girl threw one of her swords at Suho but he evaded it. At the same time, Aza’s legs fused together and her lower body morphed into that of a serpent. Aza slithered quickly, past all the water jets that was aimed at her. Once she was close to Suho, she buried the tip her other sword into the arena.

“Venomous spring,”

Multiple symbols circled around Suho. Suho turned and saw that the other sword that was threw earlier was glowing. The sword was thrown not to hit him. It was to set up Aza’s spell. The ground crumbled and purple liquid started spewing out from the ground. Suho enclosed himself in a water sphere but it didn’t help. He mumbled something inaudible. The next thing you know, a tidal wave appeared and came crashing down on Aza, nullifying her spell. Aza screamed as the water was scalding hot, burning her skin. You closed the gate hastily and Aza disappeared. The steam had reduce your vision, making it hard to see. You prepared your next card and waited for Suho to come into your line of sight. Suddenly, Suho jumped from on top of you and pinned you to the ground, losing the third card you had in your hand in the process. Suho looked somewhat delighted.

“What now? Your little thunder boy and snake girl is gone. What next?” Suho taunted.

“Oh, you’ll see,” you said.

Your heartbeat started to increase and you felt a familiar voice in your mind. Whispers telling you to succumb to the darkness started to play in your head. The Titan’s seal started to glow and a burning sensation could be felt in your arm. White symbols surrounded the seal and extended outwards. It covered your entire arm and about half your neck and face. Your right pupil change into a silver colour. With one hard kick to his stomach, Suho let go off his hold on you. You grabbed the card on the ground and rise.

“I’ll make sure you don’t walk for a few days,” you said as the card was thrown upwards.

The card had purple fire shrouding it and a dragon emerge out of it. The crowd and even EXO were shocked. It had scales that were ash in colour. The dragon had a menacing glare. The dragon’s right horn was cut in half. It landed beside you. Hopping on to it, the dragon ascends to the sky.

“Bahamut. Draco impact,” you ordered.

Bahamut fired out coloured orbs out of his mouth. It came raining down and hit Suho. The water mage was knocked off his feet and landed a few inches away from the force field. When he stood up, a punch came into contact with his face. You sent him into the forcefield, where he got electrocuted. You grabbed his hair and held his face up close to yours, muttering a word in his ear.

“Pathetic,” disgust in your voice.

You hurled him at Bahamut. The dragon whacked him with his tail and your opponent came crashing down. Suho groaned in pain. The buzzer rings, signalling that you’ve won. Bahamut returned, and so did the seal. You kneeled down and breathed deeply. Suho got up. He wondered how someone like you, a 17 year old, could manage to beat him with so much power. He smiled as he announced that you have qualified for SM Academy. You tried jump for joy but you were exhausted and settled in with a smile. The seal took a lot of energy this time round. Suho chuckled quickly before he his heel and left. You left too. Ji Hoon congratulated you on your victory. He was amazed.

“Well, I did taught you how to fight well. Guess all the credits goes to me,” Ji Hoon boast.

“Oh there they are. My two strongest mage in the school. Congratulations on getting your desired academy,” the principal said.

Both you and Ji Hoon thanked the principal. The prinicipal decided to stay and gave you a peep talk. Ji Hoon took the liberty to hear it for you as your eyes wandered on the battlefield to see the other opponents. Ji Hoon snap his fingers and you turn towards him. The principal had already left and Suho and Kai were right in front of you. They told you to pack your clothes since you would be moving to the dorms at SM Academy. You gave a single nod while Ji Hoon was asking some other questions.

Suho walked backed to his other members. They all looked at him, worried evident from their expression. made him room to seat. They all waited for his response.

“Who would have ever thought the Titan’s seal was casted on him?” Suho finally broke the silence.

“There are only two people in the magic world that we know has that seal; you and the master of Organisation X,” the ice mage said.

“Then there could be a few possibilities. Number 1, he was born with it, and number 2, he was embedded with it,” Kai suggested.

“He’s the one, isn’t he?” the wind mage said.

Suho gave a nod.

---

 

When you left the school compound, dark clouds started to roll in. You ran to your house. The front door was unlocked and you let yourself in. Grabbing a sapphire cube from your drawer, you placed it on your bed and opened it. A small mini vortex appeared on the surface. You opened your wardrobe and took out the clothes that you need to bring. You toss them in the direction of the cube. The cube immediately it in. You also took a book, just in case you feel bored and need to read. A knock on the door made you stopped packing. You closed the cube.

Your mother came in. She sat on your bed and saw your wardrobe half emptied. She didn’t say anything but you very well knew what is going on. You sat beside her.

“I remember how it used to be my turn to leave. It was a very sad moment,” mother said.

“Don’t wory, Mother. It’s not like I’m not gonna visit you. I’ll come back home during my free weekends and tell you exciting stories that happened,” you said with a reassuring smile.

Mother just nodded. She kissed your forehead and made you promised to always take good care of yourself. You gave a thumbs up. You took the cube and was about leave when your mother pulled you in for a hug. You know things are gonna be a bit different. Silence envelopes both you and your mother for about a minute before you pulled apart. You closed the front door, a tear running down your cheek. You quickly wiped it with the back of your palm and left. You plugged in your earpiece, blocking out any other sound.

---

 

You made your way back to the school. The various academies were still there as they waited for their new recruited mages to arrive. Seeing that there’s no one at SM Acadamy’s, you went to your class. It wasn’t time for representatives to do a roll call for about an hour. Someone dragged a chair and sat beside you. You turned and saw D.O, another member of EXO. If your memory serves you correctly, he is the one who uses earth spells. D.O introduce himself. Before you could say anything, the earth mage was keen to know how you managed to defeat Suho.

“You were there, weren’t you?” you answered.

“But those seals and that dragon. It must be hard to tame that beast. And those symbols. To be honest, I never saw anyone with seals like those. They looked very ancient,” D.O commented.

You gave an awkward laugh and just kept quiet. You slowly pulled the sleeve of your right uniform down to hide the seal. D.O was about to ask you more questions when you held out your palm, telling him to stop. You kindly asked him to leave as you wanted some alone time.

D.O wasn’t happy. He was trying to pester you into telling him but you refused to let him know anything. You grinned at seeing his droopy smile. The young man went to find one of his comrade and you were alone again, where you liked it. Ji Hoon wasn’t in sight. He must probably be on his way here. You took out your cube and scanned through the items you’ve brought.

“Hey,” someone called.

Great, another one,’ you thought.