Loneliness & Hatred

I Love The Way You Hate Me

I woke up to a completely dark room. I quickly grabbed my phone and looked at the time.

5:18AM it read.

'It's still too early to even move, let alone be awake. Why am I awake?' I thought as I rolled over. I suddenly thought of Daehyun. His smile that I rarely saw, I couldn't stop thinking of him.

'Why do I love him so much? He hates me...' As I thought that, I threw a teddy bear across the room. My eyes began to water, but I ignored it and tried to go back to sleep. Eventually, sleep came.

*2 Hours later*

I woke up again, to get ready for another horrid day of school. I slowly got out of bed and grabbed a simple pink dress to wear to school along with some pink flats. I quickly got washed up and ready for school. I walked downstairs with my bag and left the house.

As I was walking to school, I noticed Daehyun walking not too far ahead.

'How I wish I could walk with you....' I thought as I watched him.

He looked back at me and scoffed then turned back around.

'Why does he hate me so much? What did I do?' I continued to ask myself as I walked. Without paying attention, I walked into Daehyun accidentally.

"Yah! Idiot, watch where you're going!!" He yelled. I scrathed my head and looked down.

"I'm sorry..."

"Whatever." He walked faster, getting away from me.

'I guess I should have been paying more attention..'

I continued walking to school. As I arrived, many girls were surrounding Daehyun already. This was just the usual. Many girls at our school loved Daehyun, cause frankly he was only an to me. To the other girls, he was this perfect angel. But, then again, almost everyone at this school hated me. It's not that I've done anything to anyone, they just hate me for some reason. My one friend, Hyomi, is usually busy cause she does a lot with charity and after school activity. I see her sometimes, but definitely not everyday.

I walked into my class and there seemed to be some more talk today than usual. I sat down and tried to listen.

"I heard that Daehyun's best friend is transferring here!!"

"Omo!! Youngjae? He's really hot!"

"Yeah, I wonder if he'll go out with me."

I rolled my eyes as I got annoyed with them.

'They don't even know this Youngjae guy and if he's anything like Daehyun, then they should stay away from him.'

I pulled out my books and waited for class to start. The teacher finally came in.

"Class, as I'm sure you've already heard with all this talk going on, but we have a new student."

I sighed. 'Here we go...'

"Please come in, Youngjae."

A  fairly tall boy with black hair walked in. He looked to be sweet and gentle.

"Annyeong haseyo Youngjae imnida. Pangabsumnida." He said and bowed.

"Youngjae, you can take a seat right next to Lisa."

'WHAT?! NO!' I thought as I dropped my head onto my desk.

"Nae, kamsahamnida." He said and sat next to me. He noticed me with my face smashed onto my desk.

"Um...miss are you okay?" I jolted up.

"Yes, just uh....tired."

"Ah." He said and pulled his books out.

I could feel a pair of eyes on me. I turned around and noticed it was Daehyun.

'Why is he suddenly watching me?'

I wanted to ask him but instead I turned around and focused on my work.

After awhile into class, Youngjae kept asking me questions about the school and his work.

"I still don't get it..." He said and frowned.

"Look. X is 90." I tried showing him again for the billionth time.

"Oh!!! I got it!!"

'Finally...'

Class eventually ended it was time for lunch break. I hated lunch because I would always sit alone and sometimes Daehyun and his Fangirls would throw food at me. So, sometimes I would escape to the rooftop where no one could find me.

I noticed Daehyun coming towards me.

"So, now you're after Youngjae, huh?"

"What? No! It wasn't my choice to put him next to me in class.."

"Yeah, but you were talking the entire time."

"Cause he was asking me a lot of questions and needed help. Besides, why do you care?"

"What...?"

"Why do you care, Jung Daehyun?"

"I don't.."

"Then, don't ask me that then..."

'Why is she suddenly so fiesty..?' He thought.

He walked away without anything else to say. I went to get my lunch but these fangirls blocked my way.

"Yah! Why are you so mean to Daehyun oppa? What did he do?" A fangirl said.

"Are you serious? You must not know Daehyun well cause he's not the angel you think he is!!" I yelled.

"I just saw you be so mean to him so, don't lie about my oppa!! He is perfect and you're not!"

"Whatever. Move."

"No!"

Youngjae suddenly came through.

"Please move, girls."

They looked at Youngjae, huffed and finally decided to move.

"Thanks, Youngjae."

"No problem."

I grabbed my food as did Youngjae. I began to go to the stairs that lead to the rooftop but Youngjae stopped me.

"Hey, where are you going?"

"Somewhere else."

"Why? We can eat here." He pointed to two open seats.

'We...?' I thought.

"I'm just use to eating upstairs. It's less chaotic."

"Ok...can I come?"

"Sure...I guess."

We both walked upstairs to the rooftop. It was a bit windy today.

"You sure you wanna eat up here? It's a little windy." I said and looked at Youngjae.

"I'm sure."

We both sat down and began eating.

"So Lisa, how come those girls are so mean to you?"

"Cause of Daehyun. He hates me, and since he's so popular, basically everyone hates me."

"Oh, that's not good. But, I don't think he hates you."

"He does, trust me, Youngjae."

"Why do you think that?"

"Cause he bullies me, he always trips me in the hallways and makes fun of me. And, if I look at him he yells at me."

"I still don't think he hates you though."

"Yeah, well I do." I said and ate my mashed potato angerily.

"But, I don't see why he would hate you cause you seem nice."

"I don't know..."

"Aren't you gonna eat?" I asked him as I noticed he was just watching me instead of eating.

"Y-yeah." He stuttered.

I finished my food and started listening to my iPod. Youngjae just sat there, quiet. I could tell that he wanted to be my friend, but also he was a little worried about his friendship with Daehyun. Honestly, I want to be Youngjae's friend too but, I already know that if we became friends then Daehyun would hate me even more and my life would be even worse.

"Lisa...?"

I looked at him.

"I hope things get better for you..."

I looked away.

"Thanks.."

He got up and went downstairs. I sighed.

'Guess I'll always be alone....'


Just so there's no confusion if there are ' marks around it, it is a thought( ex. 'I was alone.')^^
So, the new boy Youngjae has arrived!!
But, it seems that Lisa kinda doesn't want to be his friend, right?><
She just doesn't want Daehyun to hate her more..but, actually, Daehyun is realizing how much he hurt her as now she's being a bit meaner towards him.
I feel bad for her><
Thanks for reading!! Next chappie soon~