Chapter 2

Man In The Mirror
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: Curses

 

It was near noon when I decided to take a drive to the city's biggest library. I wanted answers more than he wanted them. There were old newspapers as well so there were probably answers to look for by using it. I looked through the shelves and hoped for books that had to do with mysteries, mythology, curses or witchcraft. I touched the books with the tip of my fingers as I read the titles of each book on each shelf.

Thrones of Nature, Mystique Witchery, Craft of Spells and many more were placed on the table after I picked them off the shelves. I cracked my knuckles and neck as I began searching through the pages of one of the books. The pictures on most of the pages gave me goose bumps as I thought whether they were real or just pure fiction.

The faces of witches and spells were drawn detailed on the pages. The Bell Witch, Hecate, The Weird Sisters, Chedipe and Jenny Greenteeth- they all gave me goose bumps. I shut my eyes and thought. It was a lot to take in and understand what it all meant. I closed the book and went to another about mythology.

There was the Calypso Curse where it was said to be the curse of concealment. A man had been cursed after murdering 6 people and one witch but the witch, of course didn't die. She fought him through and cursed with the Calypso curse where he was then concealed in a tree. The tree was far from any civilization and it was said that the curse could only be broken with a single teardrop of a .

I groaned and slammed my head on the table. I'm never going to find the answer, I thought. I didn't know whether he was cursed- I mean he told me that he was cursed but what is it? "Jaemin?" I heard my name being called but at the moment I thought it was some witch calling for me and was about to curse me. I furrowed my eyebrows and thought it was ridiculous so I shot my head up. "Jaemin! I never thought you'd ever visit the library." he said as he pulled out a chair and sat down.

I stared at him for second, "What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Um, I- I'm... r- reading?" I stuttered in responds.

"I can see that." he said as he chuckled.

I shook my head as I tried to get rid of my awkwardness, "What about you, Jackson? What are you doing here?" 

"I was searching about how to be more romantic, you know for somebody special."

I stared at him again, he laughed and said, "I'm kidding. Your dad told me to look the 80's newspaper here since I had nothing to do at the office."

I gulped down my saliva and breathed in as I put on a little smile, "Of course. Why does he need it?" 

He shrugged, "He found a Chinese client who had a bad past and heard that he was in the newspaper f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter