Chapter 1

Man In The Mirror
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: Mirror Man

 

Today was so awful, I couldn’t stand the sight of her. She was talking sweetly, standing with her hand on her hip and giggling at everything that comes out of his mouth. I shook my head to get rid of the thought. I slammed my house door behind me as I threw my coat and bag on the floor. I let out a loud groan and punched the wall.

After a while the pain that was caused by the impact came in responds, I groaned painfully as I wiggled my fist in the air. I stomped towards the guest toilet and stared in the mirror. I let out a heavy sigh and wetted my face with water. “Why is my life so painful?” I said trying to not remember the painful sight that happened.

“At least you’re not stuck in a mirror.” He let out a chuckle.

I rolled my eyes, “Don’t even start.”

“I waited for you the whole day, so did you figure out a way?” he asked.

I sat on the toilet seat cover and sighed, “I’m sorry Mark, but I was busy. I had a meeting and my boss wanted me to pick up his suit for tonight’s party. I’m worn out.” I said as I massaged my forehead with my thumb.

He leaned against the wall in the reflection of the mirror and sighed as well. “Do you know how boring and lonely it is here? I can’t go out and play soccer anymore. My friends think I’m dead, and I don’t even know whether my parents came looking for me.”

His words pierced my heart like a needle. It hurt hearing him talking this way and I understand that he has all the right to feel that way. He is stuck in a mirror after all, “Mark, don’t you think I’m trying? With work and my boss in the way, it’s nearly impossible to look for answers.”

“But it’s not impossible is it? I wouldn’t need your help if I could do it myself.” He said as he let out a sarcastic chuckle. I got up and faced the mirror, “Please, I promise that I’ll go to the library tomorrow. I need time.”

He went closer to the mirror as well, “You need time while my time is running out?”

I looked down in the sink and breathed in, trying to calm myself.

“Enough about me, so how was your day? You came home in a bad mood, and that’s not like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter