Chapter 4

Kiss the Rain

[One Year Later]

The music stops and I end the dance with a hard chest pop. The crowd erupts into a loud cheer and a new song starts to blast through the speakers. I quickly move away from the dance floor and sneak towards the back of the club.

"That was amazing! That's the best one you've done so far!" Eunhyuk immediately pounces in front of me.

"You say that every time I finish a performance!" I lightly tap his arm.

"You know it's true though!" Eunhyuk smiles to show his gums.

"Aniya!" I gently push his firm chest.

"Come on, let's go," Eunhyuk grabs my arm.

"Where are we going?"

"We are going to eat meat!"

"What! In this outfit?" I motion to my tight leather outfit.

"Why? You look y in it," Eunhyuk wiggles his eyebrows.

I blush, "What about everyone else?"

"Are you kidding? If I took out everyone, that'd be my whole paycheck!" Eunhyuk opens the passenger door.

"Always so stingy," I jump into the passenger seat.

"Your welcome," Eunhyuk shuts the door and climbs into the driver seat.

[After Dinner]

"Thanks Oppa," I say as I get out of his car.

"Wait, I'll walk you to your apartment."

"Ani, kwaenchana, Oppa. You're probably tired."

Eunhyuk stuck out his lower lip.

"Aww, it's okay, we'll see each other tomorrow."

He laughs, "Kay, I'll see you at work tomorrow then?"

I nod.

"See ya," he waves his hand.

"Hmm, bye Oppa," I shut the door and walk towards my apartment complex.

"You better buy me lunch tomorrow! After all that money I spent on bulgogi!" I hear him yell.

"Aissh! I ate a fourth of what you ate!" I yell back.

He pouts again.

"Aish! Arraso!" I laugh at his cuteness and continue walking.

Once I reach the doors, I suddenly feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Oh, Misun-shi, what are you doing here?" I turn around to see my co-worker.

"What were you doing with Eunhyuk Oppa?" Misun diretly asks.

"We just went out for dinner," I reply.

"Just the two of you?" the hand tightens.

I nod.

"Look, I'm just going to get straight to the point. Eunhyuk is mine. I liked him first. We were about to date until you came along."

"Misun-shi."

"You think you're so good at music and dancing, but you're not."

"Misun-shi, I-"

"You do realize that none of us, NONE OF US LIKE YOU! You think you're so smart because you come from America. Well, I'm here to tell you that, you're in Korea."

"Misu-"

"I hope you think about what I said. I hope that you'll have some sense and quit this job." Misun smiles and walk away.

"And stay away from Eunhyuk Oppa!"

That night I cried myself to sleep, because everything that I have ever loved has been taken away from me.

My Father.

My Mother.

My Home.

The Boy in The Monkey Rain Coat.

My Adoptive Mother.

My Ex-Boyfriend Back in America.

Now, My Job.

And Eunhyuk, the Man I Have Come to Love.

The next morning, I decide that I would fight for him. I'm not going to let someone I love be taken away from me. Though that plan changed once I got to work.

"Eunmi-ah," I hear Eunhyuk come into the studio.

"Oh, Oppa? What's up?" I look up fro my laptoop.

"want to go out for lunch?"

I nod, "Sure, I promised last night didn't I?" I get up to grab my purse.

"Can Misun come along?" he asks.

I freeze, "Waeyo?"

"The thing is, we kind of started going out," Eunhyuk suddenly found the door knob to be interesting.

"Since when? You never told me," I grip my bag tighter.

Eunhyuk shrugs, "It just happened."

"Ah, you know what, I forgot, I brought my own lunch today," I open my bag quickly to show him, "I don't want to waste it."

"A-Are you sure?"

I nod, "Just go have fun with her, I don't want to intrude on your date."

"Arasso, next time then," Eunhyuk looks up from the door knob.

"Okay, maybe next time," I watch him close the door.

I walk towards the piano and sit down on the bench, trying to hold in the tears. I guess love was never written in my destiny.

~~~~~

For days, I avoid Eunhyuk, not to mention having Misun by his side, sending me death glares. With Eunhyuk basically out of my life, I realize Misun was right. Without Eunhyuk, I have no friends, no life.

"What's this, Eunmi-shi?" my boss looks at the letter I hand him.

"My resignation letter." I answer.

"Why? You're one of our most wanted DJ's."

I shrug, "I just need a change."

"You came here one year ago, my club is one of the most prestigious in Seoul and you decide for a change?" he jams his fingers at my resignation letter.

I sigh, "I thought that if I came back to Korea, I would be able to find what I was looking for."

"And what are you looking for?"

I sniff to try to hold back my tears, "I don't now, it's not here though."

I bow, "Thank you for letting me work here Hwejangnim," I lift my head and turn to walk out the room.

"Eunmi-shi," he stops me, "Sometimes we have to stop looking and let it find you, do you understand?"

"Yes, kamsamnida, Hwejangnim."

~~~~~

As I walk out of my apartment complex into the rain, I pull up my hood and start into a jog. While jogging, I thought about what Hwejangnim said, "Somestimes we have to stop looking and let it find you." What am I suppose to do then? Wait? It's not like I'm actually looking for anything specific right? Then why am I waiting?

I jog for hours, hoping to forget the image of Eunhyuk and Misun. Well it's not like he's the boy in the monkey rain coat...Not that I'm waiting for the boy in the monkey rain coat.

The longer I jog, the heavier it rains. Shoot, I hope I don't catch a cold.

As the sky began to pour buckets of water, I decide to stop at a nearby park to catch my breath.

Crossing the grass, I head for the very familiar swings.

I notice someone sitting on one.

As I get closer, the figure looks familiar.

"Eunhyuk Oppa, what are you doing here?" I blurt out without realizing myself.

"Yah! Where have you been! I'm been looking for you for days! You woudn't answer my calls, my texts and you didn't even asnwer your door! Do you have any idea how much you worried me!" he jumps up and grabs my shoulders and shakes them.

"Uhh...miane?"

"What? Miane? You've been avoiding me for weeks haven't you? Plus, you just leave the club without telling me! I thought we were best friends!"

"I thought we were best friends, too." I whisper.

"What?" he inches his face closer.

I blush, "Nothing, look I should go home, it's starting to rain pretty badly, and I don't want to catch a cold." I turn around to jog back home.

"Yah! Lee Eunmi!" Eunhyuk grabs my hand, "Didn't you hear anything I said?"

I shake my head, "The rain is too loud."

"You're joking right? Just tell me what's wrong. Did I hurt you? Did I do something wrong?" he tugs me closer.

I stay silent, letting the tears fall down, mixing with the rain.

"Mi, please, say something," he pulls me into his body, "Are you crying?" he takes his hands and wipes the water off of my face.

"No, it's the rain," my voice cracks.

He smiles softly, "Pabo-yah, I'm not an idiot. I can tell if water is coming out of your eyes."

The corners of my lips start to twitch.

"I'm not going to let you go until you tell me," Eunhyuk pulls me towards the swings and sits down, but immediately slips on the ground, and falls onto his bottom.

I burst out laughing, clutching onto my stomach.

"Yah! it's not funny! But, at least I made you laugh. I haven't seen you laugh in so long."

"Oh," I blush and sit down on the next swing.

"See I haven't let go of your hand," he lifts up our hands to show me.

I bit my lip to stop myself from smiling.

"It's about Misun and I, isn't it?" Eunhyuk grips my hand tighter.

"So, what are you doing out in the rain? You'll catch a cold." I say.

"Don't change the subject."

I stay silent for a while, letting myself feel his soft hands, "Maybe."

"Look, Eunmi, before I met you, she had this enormous crush on me. I guess she got jealous seeing you and I so close together when we just barely met."

I shift my eyes towards the slide.

"This past year, I've fallen for you, Eunmi. One rainy night, I got this epiphany that if I went out with another girl, you would get jealous and realize your feelings for me."

I press my lips together.

"Eunmi, please, say something."

I sigh and look at him, "I'm leaving."

"What?"

"I've decided I'm leaving. South Korea...it has never been a happy place in my memories."

"Eunmi, mianhae, I made a mistake, please, can't you give me a chance?"

I shake my head, "I'm sick of it, I'm so sick of waiting." I tear my hand and stand up.

"Waiting for what?" he stands up and grabs my arm.

"I don't know, a miracle. I DON'T KNOW!" I crouch down and grab onto my head.

"Eunmi..."

"The first time I was in this park, it was raining. I was waiting, waiting for Umma, but she never came. I waited for hours. There was this boy though. He waited with me. He was wearing this ridiculous monkey rain coat."

"What did he tell you?" Eunhyuk squats down and puts a hand onto my back.

"He told me, I'll be your sun and you can be my sky. I guess I'm waiting for the sun to shine." I look up into his eyes.

"Really?"

I nod.

"That's a coincidence, because I met a girl, a year and a half younger than me. She was crying in the rain, waiting for her mom. I told her that exact same thing." Eunhyuk smiles, "She was put into foster care and was adopted. After that, I never saw her again. Every time it rained, I would come to this park, just in case, but I never saw her."

"You came to see me?" tears start to spill from my eyes.

He nods, "I caught pneumonia once. That day, it felt like the sky was pouring a waterfall on top of me." he laughs.

I laugh with him.

"Where'd you go?" he asks.

"We moved to New York."

"Ahh, so all the colds were a waste of my time."

I laugh, "That was your own fault!"

Suddenly an awkward silence befell. My heart started to flutter and I thought about how all along my first love was with me all along.

"I missed you," he lifts my chin up, "For 20 years and these last few weeks, I missed you."

I blush.

Eunhyuk took my hand and pulled my up. He sat down on the swing and sat me down onto his lap, except that at that moment, he fell off the swing, again.

"Ow," he groans as he held onto me, "You're heavy."

"No, I'm not!" I hit his chest.

He laughs, "So, are you going to keep waiting?"

"Waiting for what?" I look up into his eyes.

"For your sun,"

I chuckle, "No."

"No?"

"No, because I found him."

He laughs and leans forward.

We kissed just as the sun came out and the rainbow flew across the sky.

I believe in running through the rain and crashing into the person you love and having your lips bleed on each other.

-Bill Bob Thronton

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Omona! It's finished! KEUTT!!!~ Longest chapter in the series! Thought I would just finish it since I'm starting school next week T.T

The plot bunnies invaded my brain and boom! I felt like writing! It was horrible editing! I hate reading over my own fics because they always feel too cheesie! Not to happy with how the ending  came about, but I don't know how I would write it another way...

If you're confused please leave a comment! Please leave a comment anyways so I know what you thougtht! Constructive criticism is always nice  ^^ 

I've written another fan fic, but this one with Zhou Mi...I've been lacking some Gentlement Mimi and needed something to settle my mind for the y long legged man ^^ Though...I have another fan fic in mind and not sure whether I still want Hyukkie~ to be the main...

Well...anyways! Kamsamnida for reading! COMMENT!!! AND SUBSCRIBE FOR FUTURE FICS!!!

-Shelley Belly