Part 2/2

Different Stars, Different Love

 

 

 

 

Xiumin entered his new room, followed by D.O, and the cold air hit his sensible skin.

 

“Why is it so cold in here? I thought I told Luhan to close the window.” Xiumin told D.O. He then suddenly jumped when he stepped on something on the floor and told D.O to turn on the lights.

 

“OMG, why is Lu ge lying on the floor? Is he dead?” Xiumin said and D.O rolled his eyes.

 

“Of course he’s not dead. He’s just sleeping.” D.O said and they both put themselves on their knees to check on Luhan.

 

“Woah, he’s so cold! Why didn’t he close the window?” Xiumin wondered.

 

“I don’t know. But I think the question is why is he sleeping on the floor…Anyway, help me put him on his bed.”

 

Xiumin nodded and they both grabbed Luhan and put him on his bed under the covers.

 

“We’ll ask him tomorrow what happened.” Xiumin then whispered.

 

“You’ll ask him. Did you forget tomorrow you’re going to China in the morning?”

 

“Oh, yeah, EXO-M has a concert in China. But don’t worry, I’ll call you after I find out.”

 

“Ok. For the moment, let’s not tell the other members. We should first see what Luhan says.” D.O said and Xiumin agreed.

 

 

 

 

Luhan was woken up at 6 in the morning because they had to be at the airport at 9. His head and his throat were hurting like hell. ‘Ah, I think I caught a cold. Why did I leave the window open?’ Luhan asked himself, even if he knew the answer already.

 

 

Luhan wasn’t in the mood for eating, but the others made him do it, because he hadn’t been eating much later. Some of the K members woke up too to say goodbye to the others, but Baekhyun wasn’t among them. Luhan didn’t know if he should be sad that Baekhyun didn’t come to say goodbye or happy that he didn’t show up, because he somehow didn’t want to see his face anyway.

 

In the airplane, Luhan ended up near the window, with Xiumin on his left. He was staring blankly at the window, when his band mate approached him and whispered in his ear.

 

“Mind to tell me why you were sleeping on the floor yesterday night? And I won’t take no as an answer.” Xiumin stated.

 

, I forgot I didn’t reach my bed last night’ Luhan mentally cursed.

 

“Well, I… can we talk about this when we arrive at the hotel? I don’t want the others to hear us.” Luhan said, turning his head at the window again, but then quickly looking back at Xiumin.

 

“Wait… you didn’t tell the other members, did you?” Luhan then asked, fear being sensed in his voice.

 

“Don’t worry, I didn’t. Only D.O and I know about this.” Xiumin said reassuring.

 

“Oh, D.O too.” Luhan whispered, more to himself. “You know… I only agreed to tell you this because I trust you. However, it’s not like I can threaten you not to tell the others. It’s your choice after all.”

 

“I… I don’t know. But I promised D.O I would tell him.”

 

Luhan just nodded and rested his head on the window.

 

“Are you tired, Lu ge? You can sleep on my lap” Xiumin suggested, seeing that his band mate’s eyes were half closed.

 

“Oh, thank you, Xiuminnie.” Luhan responded, placing his head on the comfortable lap he was offered and fell asleep after a short time.

 

Xiumin then looked around to see if anyone was watching them, because he didn’t want any fan to take pictures of them. ‘They’ll think about erted things again.’ Xiumin said, then shook his head in disapproval of the fan’s thoughts.

 

 

 

 

After they arrived at the hotel, Luhan told Xiumin everything. He told him from how he noticed he was falling in love with Baekhyun to the moment that happened the day before.

 

Xiumin ended up hugging and saying comforting words to his band mate, as the latter started crying in the middle of his story, but even so, he didn’t stop talking.

 

Luhan felt a little bit more relieved now that Xiumin knew too and that he wasn’t even judging him, but actually supporting him.

 

I knew I could trust him.’ Luhan told himself.

 

Luhan sneezed a few times during his speech and Xiumin noticed that his face was actually pretty hot. That’s why, after Luhan finished talking, Xiumin told him to rest in the bed and he offered to bring him hot tea and medicine.

 

“Try resting until the concert starts, ok?” Xiumin said smiling, patting Luhan’s head. Luhan nodded and closed his eyes, trying to fall asleep.

 

Xiumin dialled Baekhyun’s phone number after he made sure that Luhan had fallen asleep.

“Hello, Xiumin hyung, what’s up?” Baekhyun said cheerful.

 

“Are you an idiot or an ? Oh, I think both.” Xiumin said angrily.

 

“What?” Baekhyun asked, not understanding what Xiumin meant.

 

“Oh, don’t play stupid. You’re going to fix things with Luhan if you don’t want to get your pretty kicked.”

 

“Ohh, so that’s what this conversation is about. Well, I can’t talk about this right now. The other members and I are currently shopping and I don’t want them to hear.”

 

“OMG, you don’t even realise what an idiot you are! I’ve never seen Luhan cry as much as he did today, and now he is staying in bed with a ing 39ºC fever because yesterday he fell asleep on the floor with the window opened after crying too much! And you just care about the fact that the other members may hear you.” Xiumin screamed and then turned around to see if Luhan didn’t wake up because of the noise.

 

“…”

 

“What? Now you realise what an you are?”

 

“I… Is Luhan hyung going to be ok?” Baekhyun said with a worried voice.

 

“No, of course he’s not. You should have asked yourself this before breaking his heart. Just fix this if you don’t want me to mop the floor with you.” Xiumin said before ending the call.

 

He was feeling strange now, as he actually wasn’t the kind of person to fight with someone. ‘Then bastard deserved it anyway.’ He then thought.

 

Xiumin decided that he would call D.O later to tell him about Luhan, because he wanted to talk to him when the other would be alone.

 

 

 

 

At the concert, Luhan didn’t show any expression on the stage, even if sometimes he felt like he was going to collapse. He slipped a few moves or did them too slow, but he didn’t do any major mistakes. However, the fans noticed that something was wrong with him.

 

“He probably misses Sehun”

 

“Don’t worry, oppa, Sehunnie still loves you.”

 

“Oh, he’s probably just sad that Sehun isn’t there with him. Hunhan feels~”

 

That’s what Luhan kept hearing. ‘Sehun, Sehun, Sehun. Why do all the fans think I’m in love with my best friend? If I had felt that way for him, I wouldn’t have been so comfortable around him. I would have probably just blushed madly whenever he was near me and wouldn’t have enough courage to speak to him like I usually do.’

 

When he reached his hotel room again, Luhan went straight in the room he was sharing with Xiumin. He tried to sleep, but because he had slept all day, he wasn't tired anymore. So he took his mobile phone from the commode and strated looking at photos showing Baekhyun. 'Huh, if only he wasn't such an idiot... I... don't even know why I love him.' Luhan thought, then sighed and put his phone back.

 

Xiumin entered the room and saw Luhan looking blankly at the ceiling.

 

"Don't even dare cry again, Lu. Baekhyun doesn't deserve your tears." 

 

"I wasn't going to cry. I was just thinking about... stuff..."

 

 

 

 

 

The next day in the airplane back to Korea, Luhan was trembling madly, partially because of the cold, but mostly because he was anxious to meet Baekhyun. Xiumin noticed this and told him to calm down and that everything is going to be ok. Luhan didn’t really believe him, but tried to think as less as possible about what would happen at the dorm.

 

‘It will be fine.’ Xiumin repeated in his head. ‘Otherwise, Baekhyun should prepare his own grave.

 

 

 

 

When they arrived home, the K members all greeted them and told them that they should all eat together. Xiumin ate really fast and then grabbed Luhan by the hand, also eying Baekhyun to come too. Baekhyun dragged Chanyeol after him, because he was kind of afraid to go alone.

 

“Before you start yelling at me, you should know that this was all Chanyeol’s fault.”

 

“Hey! You can’t just blame everything on me! It was you who agreed to do it.” Chanyeol said, clearly offended.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, but I didn’t bring you here to argue with Chanyeol. Go and talk with Luhan in your room.”

 

“Wait, what? No, please, you can’t leave me alone with him.” Luhan pleaded.

 

“Oh, come on, Lu ge, it’s going to be ok. Just go and sort things out.” Xiumin said and pushed them both in Luhan’s room.

 

 

 

Luhan and Baekhyun looked at the door then turned their gaze at each other.

 

“So…I guess I should apologise… I’m sorry, and I really mean it.”

 

“I…” Luhan started, but was cut off by Baekhyun.

 

“Let me tell you everything first… I actually told Chanyeol about your confession and I asked him to give me an advice on how to make you not like me anymore. That’s because… I knew I couldn’t feel the same for you, but when he first told me his plan, I refused it. But then I thought that it would be a good idea to act like I just want to use your body. I thought that you couldn’t possibly like me anymore after this.”

 

“Your plan didn’t work, you know.”

 

“Oh, so you still like me huh… That was actually a pretty stupid thing to do… I ended up hurting you a lot more than if I haven’t done anything.” Baekhyun said, looking at the floor.

 

“Yes, you did.” Luhan said, smiling a little. “But what would you have done if I had actually accepted to… do it… with you” Luhan asked, whispering the last part.

 

“Well, I would have probably got scared and ran away” Baekhyun answered and then looked at Luhan who was trying not to laugh.

 

“So… do you still want to be friends with me? It’s ok if you don’t, I kind of hate me right now too.” Baekhyun then said.

 

“But I didn’t say I hate you. You’re just an idiot, but I still love you.” Luhan said laughing.

 

“Oh, thank you, I guess.”

 

“And, yes, of course I still want to be your friend. Come, let’s go to the others now.” Luhan said, but Baekhyun didn’t let him go. He wrapped his hand around Luhan’s wrist and told him again that he is sorry. Luhan blushed at the contact and told him that he forgave him.

 

“Awww.”

 

“Luhan, did you hear that too?” Baekhyun said, looking at the door.

 

“Yes” Luhan said and they both went near the door, and when they opened it, three bodies fell on the floor.

 

“Were you guys eavesdropping?” Baekhyun asked, folding his arms.

 

“NO! Of course not” D.O, Xiumin and Chanyeol said in unison.

 

“Seriously now, are you like ten?” Luhan asked.

 

“Look who’s talking” Chanyeol said laughing, but then started running as Luhan came near him, trying to kick him.

 

"I would kick your right now, but D.O told me that he already punished you, so I guess I'll let it go this time. But if I ever hear from Luhan that you've done something to him, I'll convince all the members to beat you" Xiumin told Baekhyun.

 

"Ah, that doesn't sound too good. I promise I won't hurt Luhan again, hyung." 

 

Luhan was acting like his usual self again, but he still blushed whenever he was near his crush. The other members never found out about this incident, even if some of them suspected that something had happened between Luhan and Baekhyun.

 

 

--------------------------------------

 

Sorry guys! I actually wanted to update faster, but the laziness took over and yeah...

 

This fanfic was actually supposed to be angsty, but I think I went wrong somewhere... because it ended up as some kind of fluff... I'm such a failure T.T 

 

Anyway, thank you for the ones who read it and also thanks for the subscriptions/ upvotes/ comments.