My Valentine(Lay)

EXO Valentine's oneshots

Life is unpredictable and so is Love. You'd never know when love would come your way. And love is Beautiful, Magical, and Absolutely Wonderful.

---

 

He has the most amazing brown eyes, the most perfect-looking chestnut brown hair, the softest looking pale skin. He has that velvety voice girls fawn over added to his dancing skills. He plays the guitar and piano well. He is tall and handsome. He is the perfect guy. Too bad he isn't and will never be mine. He is well known by the name Lay,but I prefer calling him by his real name, Yi Xing. He is the kindest, funniest and most forgetful person I know, but I guess those are the traits that make him Yi Xing.

--

We walk along the hallway, towards the exit, my books in my arms and his arm on my shoulders. It is always this way. He'd go around acting all sweet and mushy with me just to keep the admirers away. I don't mind anyway. He's been like this since the 5th grade and we're in our senior year now. 

"Hey,"I say the moment we were out of earshot. He shifts his attention from the clouds to me , raising a questioning brow.

"Would you mind if we go pass by that chocolate store?" I ask.

"Which one?"

I try to recall the name, but nothing comes to mind.

"The one you took me the last time. That chocolate store that sells my favorite." I tell him.

He seems to recall because in a blink of an eye, we were no longer going to the direction of home.

--

I pick up a basket and start picking up and placing in boxes and boxes of chocolates. I head to the cashier to pay.

The old lady working the cash register suddenly asks, "Are these for tomorrow?"

I got confused and shemust have noticed because she said, "It's Valentine's tomorrow silly." with a chuckle. Oh.

I hear the tapping of a foot which means Yi Xing is getting impatient. I bow to the lady and rush out. He immediately grabs the bag of sweets and looks through it.

"Ha!" I slap myself mentally. Why on Earth did I buy his favorite chocolate? Because you love it, too. Stupid. my conscience answers. Right I like that too.

I take I take the bag of chocolate from him and walk away. He laughs and catches up. As we headed home, I noticed couples all aroun walking hand-in-hand and suddenly I wonder.

"Hey, Yi Xing. How come you don't have a girlfriend? I mean, you shoo away admirers at school, but others have cme to you. Isn't there anyone who caught your attention?" I ask.

He laughs, " Well that question surely got my attention."

I face him,"But, seriously though....No one?"He just shrugs.

"You know, Xing, girls aren't that crazy." I say.

He raise a brow, "Says the GIRL who put jalapenos in my dumpling stuffing just because I took her fedora." I pout.

"I was a kid then." I say.

"You were 16." he retorts. Oops? I laugh it off.

"But really why?" I ask again, seriously wanting to know why this handsome guy didn't have a girl when girls keep coming left and right.

"Do you really want me to get a girl?" he asks. I shrug.

"Okay. Let's do this. The girl who will be my valentine tomorrow is my girl." he says.

"Okay." I simply say.

--

The next morning, I see girls giving gifts and chocolates to guys left and rigt. It'snot lke Ive never thought of giving Lay chocolates. I just thought and still think that he wouldn't even notice if I do with all the girls giving him goodies. I sit under the shade of the biggest tree in the feild, leaning on the trunk and eating chocolates. a shadow suddenly appears, making me look up.

"Hey, Yi Xing." I wave minimally.

"Hey." he says as he sits beside me, grabbing my bag and taking his favorite chocolate from it.

He looks at me with those eyes that say 'can I please have it?'

I sigh and say' "Fine then." He starts eating the chocolate.

"You know what? These are the only chocolate I've accepted today." he says. I looked at him, astounded.

"Guess what. I'll be yours and you'll be mine, My Valentine."

Right then and there his lips met mine and I saw fireworks go off in my head.

-----------END------------