The black envelope

; The mansion that embraces the darkness ;

----

Finally, it's Friday afternoon!

With a happy sigh, you leaped into your room and crawled up to your bed, before throwing your school bag across the floor. You grinned, so happy that it was finally Friday; your favorite day of the entire week.

All your school, tests, exams, grades and friends stress seem to fade away at the thought that it was Friday today. You didn't have you worry about anything. For now, anyways. Soon, it'll be Monday again and you had to go back to school, and meet the same boring people with the same boring teachers at the same boring school. How uncool is that?

A slight smile was formed on your face without you realizing. Right now, you were so happy you felt like you could literally fly up to the sky and conquere the world. But, nah. 

You got up again, and jumped into sweatpants and a comfortable oversized T-shirt, completely ignoring the fact that you looked awfully like a beanbag at the moment. Sad life, but you learnt to get over it.

Tying your hair into a messy bun, you crawled into your  bed again, pulling the blankets up to your chin, nearly punching yourself in the face. Chuckling to yourself, you closed your eyes and soon went off catching flying stars on the back of an unicorn, somewhere over the rainbow. In other words, dreamland.

----

It's already Saturday?

You woke up to the sound of birds chirpping away happily, as the morning Sun was shining brightly down on your face. The warm wind seemed to tickle you, forcing you to get up. It was such a sunny day, and you woke up happily.

As usual, your parents were nowhere to be seen. Not even their traces were left, and you couldn't help but to doubt yourself if you really did have parents who could look after you. The big house was so empty, and too big for an eighteen year old schoolgirl to live alone in.

Suddenly, a rush of loneliness seemed to bang into you; hitting you right in the lonely part of your heart. Your eyes started to water, and you tried your best to fight back the tears that were threatning to come out. You gulped it back, as you folded your hand into a fist, shivering slightly.

Wiping away the few drops of tears, you walked into the kitchen and made yourself a toast. You applied nutella on the toast, which was obviously your favorite jam of all times. Munching on the toast and gulping down the milk, you wiped away the milk mustache with your sleeve and burped aloud.

This was probably the best part of being home all alone- you could be yourself as much as you wanted and nobody would be there to judge you. You could not be wearing makeup at all and still feel beautiful because you're alone.

After you were finished with your quick breakfast, you washed the dish and the cup you had used before putting the nutella jar back into the fridge. With a sigh, you looked out the window and realized it was raining a little now. 

It was so sunny an hour ago, but now it was chilly, windy and raining. Such a weird weather. You shook your head, and slumped down onto the sofa, with the TV remote control in your hands. 

Turning on the TV, you were furiously switching the channels, desperate for something good to watch. But no, Saturday morning channels were all boring, it made you yawn three times in a minute. You groaned, turning the TV off and throwing the remote control across the room before laying down on the sofa lazily.

After a few minutes of laying on the sofa lifelessly, you got up and grabbed a coat, and slided your phone into your pocket. Grabbing the house keys, you put them into your other pocket before opening the door and going out when....

Huh?

What is this?

As soon as you opened the door and stepped outside, you stopped. Your eyes were widened like a scared rabbit, as you backed away a little. Gulping, you finally gathered the courage to bend down and examine the object right outside your house door.

With your one eye closed and you staying back as far as possible, you opened the box (it was a small, black box), nearly throwing the lid across the floor. You could hear your heart beating faster, as you leaned in forward to see clearly what was inside the box.

It was a black envelope.

Relaxing a little, you sighed and soon smiled. You walked to the box again, and picked up the black envelope with great care. It was sealed with a white sticker, which was in the shape of a human skull. You frowned at the sticker, before tearing the envelope open with excitement.

You always got letters from students in your school, so you obviously thought it was a letter a student had sent to you. But why was it black? Out of all colours, it was your least favorite colour- black. You didn't really like it, but you still appreciated the fact that someone bothered enough to write and send you a letter, so you unfolded the letter which was inside the black envelope.

Dear, Bae Suzy.

Greetings from 'The mansion that embraces the darknes", my dear lady.

I am writing a letter because I know about your super power.

I just do, do not question me.

You are to come to the mansion tonight, at midnight sharp.

Huge consequences will follow if you arrive late. You must be at the gates by midnight.

I've decided to be kind enough to invite three other people, who all has super powers.

So you won't be alone.

The address is: 13 fear street, Screaming valley. 13/13, black mansion.

If you do not come, I will come and get you. Your choice.

From, 'It'.

For a moment, you stood there, staring at the letter written in black ink across a pure white paper. You re-read is over and over again, and soon accepted the fact that this was no joke at all. Nobody knew about your super power, so it sent you chills down your back. Besides, you suddenly got the feeling that someone was watching over you right now.

With a shiver, you quickly looked around your surroundings but found nothing. You sighed, staring at the letter in hesitation. Of course your parents won't mind of you being away for a couple of... nights. They wouldn't, would they?

For some unknown reason, the address to the 'mansion' seemed to be written, then crossed out again. You wondered why, and who sent you this annoymous letter. 

At the very bottom of the letter, it was stated that 'It' sent it. It'd be really nice if you actually knew who 'It' was. You were curious, and decided to go to that mansion or whatever it was called. It'd be some big-time adventure. You grinned, not even imagining what kind of things were waiting for you at the 'Mansion that embraces the darkness'.

------