Chapter 1 - Prologue

The Antagonist's Dream

 


 

“Aecha, I really like him” Seri, her best friend says to her. “I realised it yesterday, I realised that I really, extremely like him and I’m sure of it!” She continues on as if she has found the one and only person that could maybe brighten up her already brightened life. The look on Seri’s face almost disgusted Aecha. All she did was reply with a small nod.

The guy Seri was talking about in a dreamy manner was Aecha’s first one-sided love. It all started when Aecha entered her very first year of middle school. Everything seemed pretty normal until she met him. Kind, talented, smart, handsome… perfect was what described Luhan. The prince charming in her fairy-tale.  Luhan was a year above her and they met through a friend of theirs. Seri didn’t come along until Aecha was in her second year of middle school.

It was their second last year of high school until they graduate and Seri tells her that she was in love with him or in Seri’s words, ‘ really, extremely likes him’. Aecha did not like that, not one bit.

Luhan was hers, end of story.

It wasn’t that bad until Seri told her that Luhan agreed to go on a date with her. “What?” Aecha asks, not sure if she had heard her friend right the very first time.

“Luhan agreed to go, we’re going on a date!” Seri squeals like an awfully high-pitched mouse. ”Can you believe it Aecha? He accepted my offer!”

No, I can’t…

But instead of saying her thoughts out loud, she thought it’d be better to keep it to herself so she nods again. This was one of those times when Aecha hated Seri’s super positive personality.

“We’re going tomorrow, I can’t wait! Can you help me pick out my clothes for the date?’

“Sorry, I can’t tomo-“

“Please~” She whines.

One thing Aecha really hated was when girls whine. What was Seri expecting? Was she expecting her to just be happy? But Aecha knew she couldn’t blame her friend, afterall, Seri did not know her all too well.

“Seri, I said I can’t-“

“Aecha, pretty please?” She pouts.

“I SAID I CAN”T!” She couldn’t control herself, Seri had passed her limit.

Seri looks at Aecha shocked for a few seconds, not believing that her best friend had just exploded at her. “I’m sorry…” Seri apologises, tears threatening to spill. “I just thought that maybe I’d be less nervous with you around me…”

Aecha softened, she felt guilty for shouting at her friend that way. “Seri, look. I’m sorry that I raised my voice but I seriously can’t tomorrow, sorry.” Just like that, Aecha walked away, fastening her pace after every step she takes. “Why…” She mumbles to herself.

 

 

It seemed that heaven was not on her side because she happened to bump into Luhan while trying to get home.

Just great. Is he going to talk about the date with Seri?

“Aecha, why are you in such a rush?” He asks, pulling her back so she was walking side by side with him and he also seemed oblivious to her feelings for him.

Aecha looks at him and looks down on the ground. “I’m not”

“So… Seri asked me out on a date…” He starts off.

Aecha stiffened. I knew it.

“What do you think…” He continues without looking at her, “…of us? Seri and I” He smiles to the ground.

“You guys will make a great couple” She said, trying not to sound too sarcastic. “So you agreed...” Aecha looked away, not daring to look at Luhan who seems to be thinking about Seri, "...to go on a date with her?"

Luhan nodded. “There’s no reason for me not to”

Of course…


 

So here's the first chapter. I really hope that you guys will like it...

By the way, all of you talented graphic designers... if you're happy to, can you please make me some chapter posters? Just send me the link and I would really appreciate it, I'll credit you at the end of the chapter :) The above poster was made by me, so I don't really need to credit myself xD

School has started and hopefully I can update often and I'm really sorry for the short chapter but I just wanted to let you guys know a bit of the story first. I'm assuming not everyone will like Aecha's character since she is the antagonist, even in her own story... so yeah, she can be a little selfish but you'll learn more about her later ^^

Please subscribe, vote and comment if you can, I'd be really happy!

-angeloftheforest