Coffee Encounters

Coffee Encounters

It was another cold day in Seoul, with yet another unexpected drop in temperature.You shivered at the January winds touching your skin, and you rushed inside the doors of the nearest coffee shop. Warmth immediately floods back into your body as the rich aroma of coffee beans fills your senses. Adjusting your scarf and coat, you went to stand in line to order.

~

When it was finally your turn to order, you decided to just have the classic hot chocolate, no specialized coffees or anything. "Can I please get your name?" the cashier asked. "_____," you replied. "That'll be $2.30, ma'am," she said. You searched your coat for your wallet, only to find empty pockets. "Sorry, but I forgot my money today. Just take my order off," you smiled, flustered. She nodded and asked for the next costumer. Sighing, you went to grab a window seat to just simply enjoy the warmth of the cafe.

Lost in watching the sight of cars passing by, a man suddenly appears in the seat in front of you. Shocked, you were about to tell him off about how rude he was being until you saw his face. You weren't going to lie to yourself, because this guy was cute. Really cute. His cheekbones were high and defined and the curve of the end of his lips were like a crescent moon. He gave you a shy smile, and your heart nearly melted at the sight.

"Hey, sorry, but can I sit here? All the other tables are taken," the man said, smirking. You looked around and then back to him. "There are plenty of other tables that are empty," you said.

"But none of the other tables are taken by you."
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"My name's Jongdae."
"Why are you avoiding the question?"

You rolled your eyes in annoyance at the guy in front of you, but you blushed a little bit at how cute he was.

Raising your eyebrows, you leaned back in your chair to observe this new cute stranger better. He had a lean build and square shoulders, in which he had worn a simple dark grey sweater with a white undershirt beneath. A grey beanie that matched his darker grey sweater was worn over his averagely dark brown hair that stopped before his cute camel-like eyes (which sounds kind of weird but in a good way).

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Jongdae said smirking. "N-no reason," you stuttered, embarrassed. "I know I'm cute, you don't have to lie." You scoffed at his overconfidence. Jongdae leaned out of his seat and over the table towards you. "If it makes you feel better, I think you're pretty cute, too," he whispered into your ear.

Your eyes widened and you skidded your chair backwards away from this flirt. You adjusted your scarf in an attempt to hide the red tint creeping up your cheeks (well, more like face), but Jongdae just laughed.

You looked at Jongdae's hands, and saw that he held two drinks.

"Oh, are you waiting for someone? Do you have a date?" you asked. "What?" Jongdae looked down at the table, remembering that he still had his two hot drinks. "Oh!" he slapped his forehead.

"Well, not really. One's for me." He picked up one drink and took a sip, then "aah-ed" in a breath of refreshment. Then he smiled, and slid the other drink towards you. "It's yours."

You picked up the drink, and saw your name, "_____", written on the side. You smiled at your new friend. "Thanks, but how'd you know my name and order?" you asked curiously.

Jongdae chuckled awkwardly and rubbed the back of his neck with his right arm. "Well, um, I'm a barista here along with Xiumin-hyung, and my work shift was about to end before I overheard that you were unable to pay your order. So I made you one instead," he admitted, blushing. You beamed once again. "Aw, thanks again. But you really didn't have to do that for me!" you exclaimed. "I'd pay you back, but I have no cash with me, as you already know."

"Yeah, you owe me." Jongdae rolled his eyes. You crossed your arms grumbled some cuss words about how he's lucky with those cute looks of his since he's got a cocky and trolling attitude. Jongdae laughed, and your heart couldn't help but accelerate a little at how his laugh just seemed to light up the whole cafe. "Give me your phone," he ordered.

Hesitating, you handed him your phone. He did something on it for about four minutes as you enjoyed the warmth and sweet taste of the hot chocolate he made for you. Finally, he handed your phone back.

"We've got a date this Friday, this same time, place, and table. Arraso?" Jongdae stood up. "Nice to meet you, _____," he said winking. Before you could ask him what he did to your phone and whatever he just meant, he left.

You scrolled through your phone, and finally clicked on the app you were searching for. There, you saw a new saved contact.

" Jongdae the Cute New Bf ♥️ "


[ A/N : Sorry guys for not writing or updating any stories lately >.< But I hope everyone is keeping warm :) ]