1

Dear My Wife

“Sleeping already?” asked Nayoon. The clock showed 11.35 pm. Kai let out a heavy sigh, giving a sign that he was still awake. Nayoon startled with that sudden voice. She quickly brought her slim body nearing to Kai who was showing his back. She softly touched that man’s broad shoulder.

“Hubby, I miss you…” she let out her inner feeling. She slowly kissed his backside. Hoping that her husband would understand what she wants right now. While hugging Kai’s waist tightly, Nayoon took the chance to smell Kai’s body scent.

“Hurm… I’m tired tonight. Sorry…” replied Kai while releasing Nayoon’s grip from his waist. He quickly got up, took the pillow and grabbed the comforter that was wrapping his body and hurriedly walked out from the bedroom. Nayoon was left speechless and dumbfounded.

“Why are you walking out from our room?” shouted Nayoon inside from the bedroom. Pissed off. Even if he doesn’t want to do it tonight, then isn’t it too much for him to leave me alone in this room? Huh!

                Still, no reaction from Kai. Nayoon went up from the bed and went to the living room. She was feeling annoyed when she saw the relax reaction from her husband. Kai who was leisurely sitting on the couch while holding on the television remote controller.

“I’ve told you already that I am tired tonight. Tired! Exhausted! Lethargic!” A harsh reply from Kai. Nayoon quickly pulled Kai’s arm and made him faced her.

“What’s wrong with you? What’s up with this sudden cold treatment? Okay fine, I’ll try to understand you. It’s okay if you’re tired, I can still give it a consideration. But why must you get out from the room? Why? Can’t you just sleep beside me just like what you always does?” scolded Nayoon. She became stressed out with Kai sudden change. Kai just gave her a cold shoulder.

“Just do whatever you like. Arguing with you wouldn’t give me any benefit either. I’m tired and I wanna sleep. Please… I hope that you’d understand…” Kai rested his body on the couch. He covered his face with a pillow.

                Nayoon’s heart started to boil. Almost two weeks Kai has behaved like this towards her.

“I’m still not satisfied. We have to settle this problem,” Nayoon sat on Kai’s thigh. That guy seemed shocked. He quickly got up.

“Yah! Don’t you understand what I just said? Or you want me to go harsh on you then you would understand?” shouted Kai while raising his hand up high, threatened to slap his wife. Nayoon was so surprised by his sudden action.

“What did I do to deserve all these craps form you?” Nayoon started to sob. Kai’s face expression softened a bit from before. He intensely looked at his wife’s smooth face. He loves Nayoon. Truly and deeply in love with her, but…

“You’re such a stubborn wife, I hate that…”

“What did I do?” pleaded Nayoon while hugging Kai. She cried as much as she wants. Kai slowly pushed his wife’s body.

“Nayoon-ah, please. I don’t want kids, you know what I mean right?”

“No way! Who are you to decide all these alone? I’m not agree in this. But… but why? What’s wrong even if we have kids right now?” Nayoon still could not understand with Kai’s stubbornness.

“I’m not ready yet, besides we’re still young. I didn’t even finish my study yet and so do you. Nayoon-ah, wake up! We’re just 20 years old. There’s no way that we are going to be a mummy and daddy that soon. I don’t want! I'm really not ready yet! Please, please understand me,” Kai tried to emphasize the word ‘NOT READY’ few times. Nayoon sharply looked at Kai’s face.

“So that’s why you don’t touch me anymore?” Nayoon let out her anger. Kai was speechless for a while before he continued.

“It’s not like that…”

“Then, what?”

“It’s not about you… but because… hurm… err… that, the thing inside your tummy…” Kai’s hand shoved towards Nayoon’s stomach. Nayoon gave a death shot glare.

“Thing? Yah, Kim Jongin the conceited jerk! You better listen to me carefully. The thing inside my stomach is your child. Bare that in your mind!” Nayoon’s voice echoed all over the house.

She became dumbfounded at that moment. Kai, this child is our symbol of love!

“I know, but I don’t want that thing…” Nayoon felt like a slap being hit on her face. Is he kidding with me right now?

                Kai lowered his head. His feet played with the thick and soft carpet wools.  

“So?”

“Abort it.” As soon as she heard it, Nayoon cried like a mad woman. She quickly kneeled down under Kai’s feet.

“Kai-ah, please… I love this child inside my stomach. Please… this is our baby, Kai. Please, I beg you not to do this. I don’t want! I don’t want to do this! Kai-ah, please… where is your mercy?”

“Seo Nayoon! You know that I hate seeing woman cry! Hate it! So shut up! Shut your ing mouth up!” shouted Kai while shaking his wife’s body few times. Nayoon shook her head, she tried to let go from Kai harsh squeeze on both of her shoulders. Red lines could be seen from her bare shoulders.

“You’re so cruel, Kai! How dare you want to kill our child… I never met such a bad person like you! I hate you! Really, really hate you!” Nayoon ran into the room, she slammed the door as hard as she could until the wedding picture which was hanging beside the wall fell and broken. Kris tried to catch Nayoon but  he was too late. He knocked the door few times.

“Honey open the door, please… open it…” pleaded Kai from the outside.

“I don’t want! I don’t want to live with a murderer like you!” Nayoon screamed from the bedroom. Hatred filled up her body every time she remembered her husband’s face.

“It’s not that I don’t want that child and you, but this is not the right time… Please honey, I hope you would understand me even if it a bit. We’re in a difficult situation right now. I’m not from a rich family to feed you with all those delicious stuffs. Even right now, I’m using my education allowance to feed you, right? So, please understand… the situation is not right. Besides, we are not losing anything. We can still try for the next time, right?”

“Kim Jongin, are you crazy? This matter involves another lives! You have to remember that every child is a gift from God. So, why on earth are we getting married? Why are you marrying me instead of some other chicks?”

“So you want to teach your husband about marriage law?” Kai said in a cynical way. Suddenly his anger burst.

“No, but I want to remind you!”

“Argh…!!! I’m sticking with my decision! I don’t want that child. It’s up to you!” Kai punched the door. He was so pissed with Nayoon. Kai hurriedly took the motorbike’s key and went out. He did not care about Nayoon anymore. If anything bad happens after this, then just let it be.