Chapter 2

Secret

I reached home and entered my empty 4 room apartment. It was decked with British like furniture that made me feel cozy. This is where i live alone. My family doesnt live in Seoul. They live in Busan with the rest of my relatives. Im alone here... Apart from Jeehee who is my best friend since middle school. Anyways, i like the silence. Doing my work in front of the fireplace. Listening to the flames crackle and burn the coal as the cold night air lingered outside my window. Alone. I love the silence and peace but i want company. More company. I do have a lot of friends but... They just dont click well with me. I am a conservative young adult who doesnt like short skirts and figure hugging tops. I cuddled myself as i called for Jeehee.
Jeehee- ne?
She groaned and yawned. It was midnight but i cant sleep. Not after what happened.
Me- jeehee... I almost died just now.
Jeehee- dont kid with me Nihoon. Im sleepy so-
Me- im serious! I was crossin the road with my bike when Dongho pulled me away from d dashing car! My bike is crushed but im okay.
Jeehee-... Are u serious? Why didnt u call me earlier?!
Me- i didnt know how to tell u... Besides im ok!
Jeehee- pabo.
Me- pabo aniya. Mianhae Jeehee.
Jeehee- aish! Gwenchana?
Me- ne.
Jeehee- aish! Im coming over now!
Me- andwae! If u come i'll lock d door!
Jeehee- Oho!
Me- chaebal, its midnight. Im ok. U'll see for urself tmr:) thats all.
Jeehee- fine fine. Arrasso. U take care okay? How am i suppossed to sleep now?-_-
Me- hahaha. Mianhae. Annyeong.
I ended d call and slid into the covers. My parents shouldnt know abt this. HE shouldnt know. Not him. The next day, i woke up from sleep a little groggy due to the restless night. I bathed and wore a vintage cat printed tuquoise jacket with black tailored pants. I let my hair down too and pinned my hair to the left using my favourite silver butterfly pin. I have to look good to Jeehee today. I dont have my bike anymore, so i need to take the train. It was really crowded and i felt myself being drown by them. Alas, i reached school in one piece. I walked to the lecture hall and snagged a seat at the middle row. Its my business lecture. I fiddled with the cat ears on my hoodie and turned to see Jeehee running towards me.
She hugged me and sighed loudly.
Jeehee- ah... Ure fine!
Me- yes i am!
Jeehee- i can see that! Ur wearing cute stuff today! U usually do that on special occassions.
Me- yep! Cos i am alive!
I raised my hands in d air and smiled widely.
Dongho- you look perfectly fine!
I looked to my right and Dongho was abt to sit next to me.
Jeehee- you. You saved Nihoon right?
Dongho- erm? Yeah.
Jeehee stood up and bowed deeply to Dongho.
Jeehee- JEONGMAL KAMSAHAMNIDA DONGHO-SSI. THANK YOU A LOT FOR SAVING NIHOON!
All the students looked at us. Dongho's eyes widened and he quickly stood up to wave Jeehee off.
Me- Jeehee!
Jeehee-...
Dongho- thats okay. Anyone wouldve done that.
He sat back in his seat as his friends came sitting in our row. Jeehee nodded and sat on my left.
Dongho- hah... Ok. So u ure feeling fine right?
Me-... Yeah. Nothing's wrong.
Dongho- thats good to know haha!
My heart's beating quickly again. I turned in front and took out my notes as the lecturer walked in. We sat there in silence. Jeehee was dozing off. I was paying attention. I have to. I glanced to my right and saw dongho leaning onto his right arm. He was abt to fall asleep too. I smiled to myself and looked at d row of boys paying attention half-heartedly.
Lecturer- Mr Shin. Please come up front and solve this.
I quickly shook Dongho's arm and he came to. He shot up and gritted his teeth as he murmered smt under his breath.
Dongho- . I dont know how to!
Me-... Er... Sir!
Lecturer- yes Ms Jun?
Me- can i go instead?
Lecturer- why do you?
Me- why cant i?
Lecturer- okay... come.
I stood up from my seat and tidied myself before going down d stairs. A lot of ppl were looking at me. I gulped and took the marker from the lecturer. I drew a few diagrams and explained it to the lecture group. I felt so small... Aish...
Lecturer- herm. Okay. If u do this u would get an A though just a scrape through... U can go now.
I walked back up to a grinning Jeehee. When i glanced to Dongho, he was doodling smt onto his paper. I sat down and he passed it to me.
Me-...'dont need to help me next time but gomawo:)'...
I turned to him and he raised both his eyebrows. Im sorry... I made him lose face in front of the lecture group... I nodded and made a smile. Though i didnt feel like doing so. Aish. Dont do it again Nihoon! I continued to pay attention and soon the lecture was over.
Jeehee- ne Nihoon. Lets go to the cafe again.