Chapter 3

Secret

Me- okay.
I turned to Dongho and his friends and waved them goodbye. While we headed to the cafe, Jeehee pinched my cheeks.
Jeehee- ure so chubby.
Me- i am?
Jeehee- aish! Nihoon... U have to stop liking him.
She's changing the subject.
Me- who?
Jeehee- isnt it obvious? You like Dongho right?
I felt my face burn up.
Me- how did you know?
Jeehee- i have eyes Nihoon! Please, he has a girlfriend.
Me- i know! Im trying to get rid of these stupid feelings!!! I hate it too!
I clenched my fists and shouted exhasperatedly.
Me- i dont like it either!
???- then how abt i help you?
I turned and my eyes widened. Dong...woon? He walked up to me in a checkered blue and yellow jacket with the printed-T i bought for him that time. He had that awesome smile of his plastered onto his face which meant one thing: he's not happy.
Dongwoon- no hug?
He opened his arms and i slowly walked towards him. Before i couod hug him, he hugged me.
Dongwoon- how's my dongsaeng doing?
He ruffled my hair and saw the pin i was wearing.
Dongwoon- oh? Ure wearing it? Thats good! I bought it especially for you from Japan! It suits you.
Me- oppa.
He bent down and saw me at eye level. His smile looking creepier by the second.
Me- why are you here?
Jeehee- i told him what happened. Abt the accident.
I turned to see Jeehee. She looked sorry for me. I feel sorry for her. Did dongwoon ask her to oversee me?! Again?!
Dongwoon- im getting a few days of leave. So are the rest of the BEAST members. So i decided to see my little sis. Hahaha!
He's not my blood brother but i treat him like one. He was always tyere for me when i was a coward last time. Thanks to him, im a more confident young lady. And of course he is my idol too. We sat at the cafe and a lot of ppl were talking and looking at our direction. Dongwoon cooly sipped on his expresso while Jeehee fiddled with her croissant. Did he scold her for not taking good care of me? Im sry Jeehee... Dongwoon has a... Sister-complex with me. I stared at my bowl of potato potage and at my phone.
Dongwoon- eat up. Ure gonna be late for ur next class.
He took a spoonfull of soup and stuffed it into my mouth.
Me-... I can feed by myself oppa.
Dongwoon- its not everyday i can feed u like last time.
Jeehee- hahaha yeah.
Me- im an adult!
Dongwoon- so? Ur 20, im 24. Im also an adult but im still feeding u.
He raised an eyebrow and i slouched back.
Me- aish. I'll finish it now.
Dongwoon- so, i heard abt that guy earlier on. Is it Shin Dongho from U-KISS?
Me- can we dont talk abt it?
Dongwoon- dont u want to forget abt those feelings?
Me- i-i do. But i'll do it myself. U dont need to help oppa.
Dongwoon- i didnt say im gonna help. Ur other oppas will.
Me- BEAST hyungs?
Dongwoon- yah. Can u stop calling them hyungs? They feel sad.
Jeehee giggled at dongwoon's funny face and finally began to eat her croissant.
Me- i told u. It feels weird calling them oppa. Only u deserve to be called oppa cos ur like my real big brother.
Dongwoon- okok back to the topic. Were gonna be matchmaking you with some idols which are your type! Woohoo! And u will forget abt Shin Dongho.
Me- NO. chaebal. I'll do it myself. If i still cant forget abt him by the time u guys get back to work, i'll go for the stupid dating thingy.
Dongwoon- ure getting ruder ah?
Me- im getting pissed oppa. Dont make me mad for the rest of the day. I mean it.
I stared at him and finished my drink. He laughed and leaned forward.
Dongwoon- yes yes. I agree. We'll fetch u for dinner later ok? What time do u finish at?
Jeehee and i stood up and bowed to Dongwoon.
Jeehee- 7 right?
Me- yeah.
Dongwoon- ok then. We'll c u later. U too Jeehee.
Jeehee- okay.
As soon as we left, i saw a few girls approaching Dongwoon eagerly. Hahaha he has a long day ahead. Our long day of lectures and tutorials ended and i happily headed outside to wait for Jeehee and BEAST. The stars straddled the night sky. I breathed out and mist formed on my phone. Its really cold. I leaned onto the metal railing and looked arnd me. The trees were . Most of the students went home already. I stood patiently while humming some tunes to myself. Ok... Lets listen to some other songs. SHUFFLE. The song started playing and it was U-KISS's Man Man Hani. I love the dance move. I looked arnd again and danced to the chorus. After the second chorus ended, i stopped and laughed to myself. If Dongho saw me like this, it would be damn awkward-
I grabbed onto the railing and saw Dongho staring at me peculiarly. I raised my hands and waved at him frantically.
Me-... You didnt see anything! Really!
Dongho- i cant forget this!!!
He covered his mouth and laughed loudly. His laughter was really funny so i ended up laughing loudly too. He stared at me when i laughed. Yep. I have a scary laughter.
Me- mianhae...
I saluted him playfully and he snorted.
Dongho- no need! Hahaha!
Then, i heard a familiar voice.
Wongsung- dude! Lets grab some dinner!
Dongho- ah! Sorry. I have someone to meet.
Wongsung looked crestfallen and he folded his arms.
Wongsung- ure really too busy with ur girlfriend ah?
My heart stopped for a bit then i came back to reality when my phone rang.
Me- ah. Oppa. Ne?
Dongwoon- where r u? All of us have been waiting for 15 minutes...
Me- eh? Even Jeehee?! But i'm at-
. Im at d wrong pick-up pt. I sighed.
Me- ok. I'll be there sorry.
I turned to Dongho and Wongsung and bowed to them.
Me- annyeong!
I hurried off before i could see their reaction. Aish! When i reached, i saw BEAST and Jeehee standing in d cold.
Me- AH! MIANHAE! 'pant''pant' i went to the wrong place.
Dujoon- again? Aish Nihoon..
Dujoon playfully punched my shoulder and i punched back. We walked to our usual favourite restaraunt at a nearby food mall.
Dongwoon- i havent eaten for 6 hours!
Yoseob- me too and im getting older. I need food faster!
Junhyung- yah! If ure old then im old too?! Were only 26!
Hyunseung- we do start aging after 25...
Kikwang- really?! NO!
kikwang face-palmed himself and all of us laughed heartedly tgt. Its been a while being tgt like this. All of us tgt. Once we settled in and ordered our food, i slouched back and yawned.
Jeehee- Nihoon's sleepy already?
Me- aniya... Just tired.
I shot up immediately and looked at everyone.
Me- but that doesnt mean i want to go home! Thank you for coming tonight!
I bowed at them and the BEAST members laughed.
Yoseob- its been awhile too. U have grown a lot!
Kikwang- we havent seen each other for a year right?
Jungyung- only Dongwoon managed to see her during cheosuk and family days.
Hyunseung- what abt u Jeehee? How r u doing?
Jeehee- im okay oppa.
Me- ne hyung-
Dujoon- andwae! Dont call us hyung! Chaebal...
Dongwoon- andwae! Nihoon's only calling ME oppa. Mwahahahaha!
Dongwoon laughed evilly which made Dujoon noogie him. I missed these times. Theyre all so busy with work and promotions and stuff. Dujoon hyung has Iris 3 to act in, Yoseob, junhyung and hyunseung hyung always make collaborations. Kikwang hyung and dongwoon have to MC some shows and take part in reality shows too. While i... Have lessons 5x a wk. Jeehee was busy finishing her apple cocktail and she smiled at me as i looked at her peculiarly. Heehee. Like this. I can forget abt these useless feelings. My family. All of them joked arnd and we are tgt, helping ech other when were down. I am not alone.
Hyunseung- why are smiling to urself?
I looked up and saw all of them looking at me.
Me- eh? Nothing...
Yoseob- awww... Pls tell ur hyungs0.0
He did his aegyo and i laughed.
Me- its not working for me anymore! Hahaha! I just feel happy.
Kikwang- that ur with all of us?
I nodded. Suddenly, my head started spinning. It felt heavy and numb. Its so noisy all of a sudden. I stood up and excused myself.
Jeehee- do u want me to accompany u?
I waved her off and went outside. . Its happening again. I leaned at the glass window outside d restaurant and clenched my head. I just need a breather... I breathed in deeply and did ot multiple times when i saw Dongwoon walking out.
Dongwoon- hey. Whats wrong?
Me- i just need a breather.
Dongwoon- u look pale Nihoon.
Me- yeah cos its cold.
He stood next to me and cleared his throat. We stood there,looking at the people walking by. Girls stopping and looking at Dongwoon, ppl squeeling seeing BEAST inside, ppl going home from work. Its a busy night and its making the pounding worse. I breathed in again, trying to contain d pain. I kept on loking on my right where Dongwoon is on the left. He cant see me like this. He cant know i have this. Even i dont know what im having but im sure its just bcos im tired or smt. Nothing fatal. Yes, Keep on telling urself that. Its ur body! U know ur fine!
Dongwoon- Nihoon. Are u feeling better? The food's here.
He pointed to the back where the guys were happily eating. I smiled a little and cocked my head to d side.
Me- yeah im okay. Lets eat.
The pain had been throbbing none stop that night. Far worse than how long and painful it usually would be. I looked out from my window into the busy city of Seoul and clenched a fistfull of my hair. I cant take this any longer. The next day, i went to the hospital to see the doctor after school. Luckily, we end early on fridays. I just had to get Jeehee off my track.
Jeehee- ah? Ure going to help someone with smt?
She packed her bag and i tapped my foot.
Me- yeah. I have to collect some stuff from Yongguk University. Some of my certificates and stuff from d office. It's post been delaying since early this year!
I adjusted my long-sleeved light yellow blouse again and checked on my watch. Its noon. My appointment is at 1! Aish!
Me- ok then! Cya im gonna be late!
I rushed off before Jeehee could say anything. At the hallway, the pounding started again. It hurts so much!!! Ah!!! I wavered and hit the wall as i sled onto it. Its getting worser. Get up Nihoon! Someone would see! I grabbed onto the door handle and pulled myself up. Suddenly, i started coughing up... Blood. My eyes widened. My throat was burning. So were my lungs. Whats happening to me?! I desperately cleaned my hand using a tissue. I covered my mouth. My mind was flooded with negative thoughts. Tuberculosis? Is that it?! I had it last time when i was in elementary but now it came back?! I looked arnd to see if there was anyone and my guts were correct.