Connected

SHE'S BACK AND THEY'RE ALL GROWN UP

Hoorrrrays! Another update! For today I will dedicate this chapter to TaeNySicfanficlover. Thank you for always commenting on my story. It motivates me alot to continue. And for those who will update and comment will be given a chance be in the dedicaton list. :---)

-baeqchan


C O N N E C T E D

After some months...

 

"Ya. I told you I'm okay, so just mind your own business." I scowlded Luhan. I'm in my hotel and Luhan just drops by to check on me and of course to bring me some foods, which he knows I really like. It's almost a month and I haven't heard anything about EXO and especially Jongin. I don't know anything because Luhan's been too much on taking care of me. He doesn't want me to get hurt again, so he doesn't allow me to hear anything about them. I appreciated every little effort Luhan is doing to me.

"I love you." I got surprised when he appears in front of me. I got used to him when he's being like this.

"Luhan, please, I always-"

"I know. I chose this. Just let me show you how much I love you." He say.

"You know what? There are a lot of girls around there who deserves your love. I don't deserve it, Luhan, because anytime sooner or later I might be dead."

"Don't you dare say something like that ever again, okay?" I can hear an annoyance in his voice. I'm sorry, Luhan.

Mom said it would be better if I stay to her house for a while. The issues I've been through these past few days made me very sick. I lied when I told them that the medicines were working, but the truth is it doesn't work, at all. Is it the end of me?

"Mom? Is dad okay? I want to visit him."

"Why so sudden? I thought you're mad at him?" Mom asks in surprised.

"I just want to see him for a while. I also miss him, mom." I pleaded.

I patiently waited for him to come out. Seated in this black comfy chair I suddenly got anxious. It was like I'm gonna meet someone for the first time, which is very strange, when I'm just meeting the man who took care of me, the man who gave life to me.

"Dad?" I sob after seeing him came out wearing that color orange shirt, escorted by two men wearing a uniform. He is now a detainee. But his smile made me forget any worries I have now. Those smiles I've been longing to see for so long. Finally, I saw them. But those were gone when he sat on the chair. It was replaced by panic and sadness.

"Are you okay, honey?" He greeted me.

I placed my hand on the glass window that separates us apart from each other. And he did the same. "Yes, dad, I'm good now." I say while nodding my head for him to believe me. He paused for a moment and sigh.

"Baby, I'm sorry for everything." He mumbles.

"Dad, it's okay."

"I don't have a choice." He continued.

Mom and I visited dad because of my request. It's been so long since the last time I saw his face. The longer I stared at his face the more I can see that his face became old. I can tell I miss my daddy despite of all the things that happened and I will always love him.

Dad chose to open up with me. He told me everything he wants me to know. He said that he didn't do it. Everything was a lie and the worst, he was set up. And he told me that Mr. Lu is the enemy. The CEO is the enemy. Luhan's father.

"Mr. Lu is forcing me to be part of his business which I refused and because of that he hold that grudge against me." He started to explain. I leaned forward, listening intently.

"That night I was on my way home. And saw that lady. Mrs. Kim swaying down the street and I got worried but unfortunately she collapses in front of my car. So, I stopped and was about to check on her when police came. I got scared and chose to go on instead." He says in his confusing tone. All I did was to nod and listen to what he says as he began to recount what had happened that night, he felt himself drifting back.

"So you didn't--to what I saw on the cctv you didn't stopped, dad." I ask. I've seen the cctv footage of what happened that night. It was a horror to see my dad kill Mrs. Kim.

"That was edited. They used it to blackmail me. They made it look real. Believe me, honey, it's not real. I'm telling the truth. I didn't kill her." I can see the agony in his eyes, in his face.

"That night I decided to move away, scared. I tried to start a new life and I got a new job. Unfortunately, I didn't know the company was also owned by Mr. Lu. I tried to resign but he blackmailed me. If I resign he'll screw my life. He's the reason why I don't have good relationship with you and your mother. I always get annoyed and angry because of him. And one day, he asks me to make you marry Luhan. I disagreed. But that night you decided to leave he called and I don't have a choice. That was not my intention. All I want is for you to be happy but everything change. All I want for you now is your safety and to secure your future. That is why I agreed to that marriage, but because you went away. Mr. Lu thought it was all a plan and he made those edited videos spread on the internet like a virus." That long explanation made me into tears. I've hated my dad for nothing. I'm so rude. Maybe this illness is a punishment for me.

The surrounding became taciturn. My mind still in the progress of taking in all the words he's been telling me. The situation is very complicated. I don't know what to do. "Why safety, dad?" I asks out of nowhere.

"He's been threatening you. If I don't do what he says then he'll be forcedly need to do something that I'll regret."

I went home full of thoughts. I can't even think straight. I almost got bumped by a car and I was fortunate that nothing happened. Those horrifying news made me feel empty. For days I don't even know what to do. I don't have the urge to even eat a little. My condition is getting worse with these issues. I went back to my bed after taking the medications.

"Sweetie, are you okay?" My mom went inside my room. She sat beside me while some of my hair.

"Yes? No? I don't know, mom." I say.

"That's okay. Did you talk to Luhan? You should talk to him. Maybe you can get some ideas about the issues your dad have been through." She suggested.

"But, mom, I don't know if I can talk to him after knowing that it was his dad who-"

"Shhh... Don't say that. You don't know Luhan's side yet. Better talk to him, sweetie. Luhan is a good guy. I know he cares for you. I know how much he loves you."

"You're right, mom... You’re right." After that I fell asleep in her arms as soon as I close my eyes.