Coming Back

SHE'S BACK AND THEY'RE ALL GROWN UP

 

C O M I N G  B A C K

 

It's a balmy afternoon when everyone started to vacate the classroom in rush, excitedly. Well, who is not excited when the class is over, anyways? All of us does, I do. I was all alone in this empty classroom and I am in the middle of settling my things back to my bag. It’s been a hell of a tiring day today. I feel like my body’s going to collapse soon. I had at least four exams that I had to answer a while ago. And I'm thankful this day is over. I can have some rest when I get home.

I’m currently sitting inside the bus enjoying the cozy fresh air that touches my skin. As the bus continues on following its trail, I saw some of my classmates on the sidewalk walking as a group. They were enjoying each other. I can loudly hear their laughs. I sigh. I never happened to hang out with them for once. I don't hang out with anyone ever in my whole damn life. 

Their images and voices slowly vanishes in my eyes, so I open my bag and looked for my iPod. I was searching for  it when I dropped something, I directly picked it up from the floor and a smile formed in my lips after knowing what it was. It's the only picture I always cherish the most. The only picture of them I have. It was a photo of the six boys in my life. We look so happy in the picture. I don't remember if who's the man behind this photo. This picture won't exist if it wasn't for the man who took this photograph. I want to thank him or her for taking this. And I really wish I can go back to the past and didn’t left them. 

I got emotional as hell thinking about it. I really did while reminiscing how happy and lucky I am before with their company, with my brothers company. In an unexpected way my phone vibrated. So, I paced the picture back inside my bag and picked my phone that was placed in my pocket. 

“Hello?” I answered. It was mom.

“Are you on your way home?” She asked with a cracked voice. Was she crying?

“What’s wrong, mom?” I asked as I can sense something happened.

“You should go home quickly. I’m going to tell you something so important.” She said. I wonder what it is.

“Can you just tell it over the phone, mom?” I said.

“I’ll tell it later when you come home, okay? So take care of yourself. I love you. I’ll hang up now.” She said and hanged it up.

After the conversation, I put my phone inside my pocket and placed my earphones on my ears. I listened to ‘when falling in love with my friend’ sang by Beige and Ryeowook. This song is so cute. I always remember Jongin every time this song plays. Jongin, he’s one of the boys I’m talking about a while ago. Jongin’s the most special for me.  Yes, I suddenly had this feeling for Jongin. Jongin’s my childhood sweetheart, that's what my childhood friends said. That was along time ago. I don't if I still have those. I don't know anything about them after I left.

I fell asleep in the bus, thanks to the ahjumma who woke me up, maybe she knows me. The ride didn't last long. I was walking while humming to the music that plays in my iPod. As I reached our house I opened the gate. I walked passed by the garden and I saw mom sitting on the wooden chair.

“Mom!” I said and kissed her on the cheeks. She did the same.

“Hyorin, are you good? How are your exams?” She said while pouring the cup with a tea. I  placed my bag on the chair and sited beside her.

“Yeah, I’m good and the exams were okay.” I explained and have my self some tea.

“That’s good to hear.” She said and gave me her sweetest smile.

After that, silence took place. I’m already finished with my tea and I’m waiting for my mom to speak out about the thing she said that was so  important. I hope she and dad didn't fought again. Not again, please. I'm sick of it!

“Hyorin...” At last! Grrr... it makes me nervous. I sit formally and faced her. Her face is worried.

“What is wrong, mom?” I asked her and held her hand.

“I’m sorry but I can’t do this anymore.” She said it quietly.

“The... what?” Oh no, don’t tell me it’s about dad? No please. She must not give up.

“Your da-----“ I didn’t let her finish  as I stood up that made mom into shock.

“What? About dad, again? Please, mom we  talked about this already. You’re not leaving. If you leave, take me. That’s what our deal was all about.” I  said. I’m frowning at her.

My mom and I moved in the United States because my dad got promoted and he was assigned to his company’s new branch in the US. Well, that's what he said. That’s the reason why i had to leave my friends in Seoul. I leaved my friends without any word from me. I haven’t said my proper goodbye to them. I disappeared like a bubble to their lives.  I’m pretty sure they’re all mad at me. After residing in the US my dad became alcoholic and harsh to mom. I still love dad. I understand why he is so irritable these past few years. He’s being pressured on his works.

“Did he hit you again?” I  asked. I sited back to my chair. I need to be calm.

“No, he didn’t .” She said letting some sniffs.

“Then why?”

“I just need some space. I’ll be back after some time.” She explained.

“Space? I’ll give it to you but let me come too. I don’t want to be in here in the first place.” I said and eat the crackers in front of me.

“Your dad needs you, Hyorin.” 

“But you need me too.”

“What about your studies?”

“I’ll drop out.” I said bravely.

“No, your dad will get mad. Do you even know what you’re talking about?” 

“Yeah, I know what I’m saying, mom. I don’t like it in here-- ANYMORE.” I stood up and directly headed to my room.

I’m sitting on my bed inside my room. I was trying to think anything I can. Do I really need to leave my dad? So, I guess we decided to leave dad? This is so awful but i need to choose between dad and my mom. I can't live like this. I can’t improve when I’m in here. Everyone in school doesn’t like me. They treated me like I was some sort of virus. Yeah, I don’t have friends in school. For ten years i was all alone. I didn’t experience anything good in my life. There's no reason for me to stay here  at all.

After I took a shower I bounced at my bed several times  as I jumped on to it. I stare at the ceiling for a moment and I realized my room was very quiet and all. This place was really quiet. I was like living in a cave with my parents. Because of the emptiness I felt I decided to just shut my eyes and let myself fall to sleep.

♦♦

I wander around the mall, finding some stuff to bring for my childhood friends if they're still in Busan. Hopefully. Yes, my mom is going back to Korea. My heart was about to jump out from my chest after hearing it. As I was walking, I saw a girl that looks like a princess. It reminds me how they (Jongin, Chanyeol, Sehun, Kyungsoo, Suho and Baekhyun) treated me like a princess. I miss Jongin’s smile, Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s laughs, Kyungsoo and Joonmyun’s angelic voice, and don’t forget Sehun, the spoiled brat. I just found myself smiling alone, now I look like an idiot.

“OMG! IS THAT EXO?

On my way to the bookstore I heard this bunch of girls in the corner fangirling over the tv that was placed outside this appliance shop. Most of them were Koreans too, like me. And there's  atleast five americans and another asian. 

“IT'S KAI! OH MY GOD!” Kai? Who is Kai? Kai has lots of fans, I think?

“MAMA~ MAMA~”  They sings together. Wow. I think I should do some research about this group. But their song isn't my type-- at all. Maybe they haave some other genre.

I went closer to the screen because I got confused. I saw the guys on tv. Hmmmm... they're good at dancing. They're gorgeous too! Oh my God! I hid my feels and fangirls just inside my mind. I'll definitely research about them when I got home.

This guy captured my attention. He's wearing a blue glittering jacket. Well, he dances attractively. In the whole music video I only looked at him. He has a black hair, he's a bit tan and he's exotic. His stares were seductive. Holy cow. Did he just smirked? I don't know the name of the others because I think these girls beside me only knows Kai or it just happened they're Kai's fans.

Who are  you, Kai? Is Kai your real name? Do I know you? You look familliar also the others. Hmmm... maybe I saw you on some billboards. Yeah, I hope to see you soon.

Anyways, I'm on my way home to our house. It been a good day today, I guess. No class, no jerks from school. I giggles. I happily stroll following the tracks to our home. It takes me an hour to arrived, though. 

“Are you really sure about this?” Mom said after entering my room.

I'm home about one hour ago. I head back home after letting myself breathe some air at the mall. All I think about right now is how  am I going to face them when I come back. What if they doesn't know me anymore? I'm sure they'll still know me. Whatever.

“Yes, mom. I’m so sure about this.” I said with a cheerful smile on my face.

Okay, just get ready because anytime soon we'll be leaving.” She mutter after tapping my head and went out from my room.

In my pleasing moment I heard some noises downstairs and a hard slammed definitely came from our front door. Are there some intruders? I froze on that thought. I went over to my door to clearly hear what was happening down there.

“You're leaving without telling me?!” Dad?

Oh, ! Dad is home? Why is he home? I thought mom said he'll be back after a week? Damn! I slowly and quietly opened the door. I was walking like a robber in my own house because they must not know that I was listening to them. I slightly sat on the floor. I got shocked to what I heard.

“SHE’S NOT COMING WITH YOU!” Dad yelled. His standing while his hands on his head.

“But she wants to come with me. Did she not tell you that she doesn’t like it in here? Do you even know that she didn’t have any friends at all?” My mom said. She’s calm unlike dad.

“That’s what you want?” He said and daze at my mom.

“Yes, we’ll be back when all of these gets better. Fix yourself.”

“I need one condition.” Condition? My heart is pounding. I didn't know that it's going to be this hard for him to let us go just for a moment.

“What condition? Is that even necessary?” My mom almost yelled. 

“Yes.” Dad anwered thriftly. 

“What condition is that?”

“Hyorin, she’ll be marrying the son of our CEO.” Dad said. My jaw just dropped. This can’t be. My tears are already lingering in my eyes. Is this some kind of a joke?

“Are you block mailing me? Are you serious? You're marrying your daughter to someone?”

“Someone? He's not just someone, he's the SON of our CEO!” He shouts.

“No. You're not going to do that.

“What if I said yes? What are you going do? Just choose, you’ll leave and your daughter’s going to marry someone or stay in here and everything’s going to be fine.” Dad threatened mom.

“I never knew you’re this selfish.” Mom said in between her sobs.

“Yes, I am. And I’m doing this for our future.”  Dad was about to leave when his phone rings. After his conversation he faced mom.

“You can leave for one month. Think of it as a vacation and Hyorin’s last month of being free, because Mr. Lu just called and agreed about the marriage proposal. Tell her she can do anything and everything she wants.” I was sobbing quietly. No. Dad left mom and I surprised. I run quietly to my room and cry.

I started sobbing, quietly inside my room. I only have a one damn month? Was he freaking serious? I should do something! I should. So I  think it's a change of plans. I need to know my moms plan before doing this. I don't think she'll go to Korea after what just happened earlier.

A sudden knock from the door made me stumble. I quickly rub the tears in my face using the back of my hand. I sniff several times before I fully composed myself. I quickly grabbed my iPod, place the headset on my ears. I should act like I didn't heard what they have just talk about.

“Sweetie?” My mom slowly enters. I'm trembling.

“M-mom?” I said trying to compose a smile on my face. This is definitely difficult.

“Are you  okay?” She asks, finally reached me and decided to take a sit beside me.

No. “Yeah, I'm fine. Why?” I hid everything. I tried to be brave and act.

“I decided not to go.” She started. Her voice is broken maybe it was caused by her yelling not too long ago.

“What?” I'm not even surprised but I should act one.

“I'll let you go. I'm sending you to where ever you want to go.

“WHAT?” And this really made me shocked. I didn't expected this. 

“Later this evening you need to get out from this house. I already booked a flight to Korea. It's for the both of us but it's going to be you alone.” She stated. I am totally in shock.

“Mom?

“You shouldn't be experiencing this. I don't like you to be like me.” She said and started sobbing. No. No. No. Please don't cry!

“Mom, what are you saying? You're wonderful. No matter what you'll always be my mother.” I hugged her. It's been so long since the last time I remember that I hugged her. It feels great.

“I'm so sorry for everything. I'm now letting you free. Don't comeback here If you don't want to get married to someone.

“Thank you, mom! I love you so much.” And I hugged her tightly.

11:45 PM-- The house was all quiet. I guess everybody's sleeping now, eh? I let a deep sigh before stepping my feet outside my door. I'll be doomed if my dad was awake and saw me. This is going to be the end of me.  I have a total of two bags, one black luggage and a huge blue backpack.

I went out from the house safely. I'm wearing my tight blue jeans and a black boots. My scarf and a long white shirt with a denim jacket as my top. Phew. It's no joke and it's freezing outside. I'm lucky I didn't wear something that will froze me to death.

 

Don't forget to comment, subscribe and upvote. Thanks! ^^