Chapter 4 - Final

Marry You

I am sorry. This is late T-T

 


 

After 4 years

“Thank you sir! Come again!”

“I will!” I said and took the drinks from the counter.

Mhm… Caramel macchiato, my favorite. I sip my drink as I hold the other one for my boyfriend, Yunho. Haha, yes we’re still together after so many years, my best friend and I are lovers. Let me give you a little update on our lives.

We are now living together. Yunho works as a dance choreographer for those popular k-pop idols, and I work as a writer, I don’t mean to brag but I am one of the best selling Korean authors right now, and I can speak English so I’ve written and published books in English, so I’ve got a few international fans. Yay! So back to us, when Yunho and I were becoming more popular, he just decided that we should come out to the public and I agreed. We did it subtly by throwing some hints here and there earning us the biggest fandom for us. They call us Yunjae… why couldn’t it be Jaeyun? But Yunjae does have nice ring to it.

So when we came out the attention was on us. It got to the point where we’d have our worst fights ever. But you know, even though we’re both stubborn we can’t stay away from each other. We’re that clingy. But I like it, a lot.

I walk towards the dance studio where Yunho works at, and it’s really close to our apartment so it’s really convenient. I greeted the other dancers-slash-choreographers that came my way, until I saw Yunho in one of the rooms, he was doing an unfamiliar dance, graceful but strong, soft but hard. That’s how I describe Yunho’s dancing. He’s so good I could just cry.

I knock and he stopped dancing to look at the door, he smiles at me and gestures for me to come in, I open the door while Yunho turns the music off then coming towards me.

“Hey!” Yunho said as he hugged me, I wrap my arms around his neck, over his shoulders and hugged him back tightly.

“Hey to you too” I said as I lean forward to give him a breath taking kiss with my tongue exploring his warm and wet cavern. Just kidding, I just gave him a short peck, a simple but meaningful brushing of two pairs of lips.

“How are you?” Yunho asked and I showed him the drink I was holding for him. He took it and gave me another kiss on the cheek.

“Fine, I just came from the meeting with the publishers and since I have free time now I just thought I’d get coffee for me and you, so I can come visit you. How about you?” I walk towards the huge wall mirror where Yunho’s things were placed on the floor. I sat down next to his things. I look at Yunho and smile. 

He smiles back and walked until he was near me and sat next to me.

“Well you know another group wanted me to choreograph for their new song.” He drinks his coffee, ”Wanna see it? I’ve only done the chorus though and I might do some changes to it.” I nodded enthusiastically, I mean Yunho? Dancing? Yunho and dancing? My boyfriend, Yunho, dancing. Who wouldn’t want to see Yunho, dancing? He just dances so good.

He stands up and picks up his phone that was on top of the big black stereo and then plays the song Before U Go by TVXQ. As we wait for the chorus I can’t help but notice how y the beat is and how sad the lyrics are. When we finally got to the chorus Yunho started to dance. He sways his body the rhythm while he looks at me or at the mirror behind me, showing the emotions that he wants to show, the emotions the song gives. 

The chorus finishes and Yunho stops and his face returns to that beautiful smile I know and love. I smile back and then clap.

“That was awesome! U-know and Max are going to love it!”

“Just the two of them?”

“Of course their fans are going to love it too, silly!” 

Yunho takes his phone off the stereo and comes back to my side and I took the towel from his bag and I proceed to wipe off his sweat, I handed him a water bottle and he drinks. After drinking he looks at me.

“Jae, what do you think of going on a vacation with me? For a week.”

Now hold up. I stare at Yunho shocked but when my mind started to understand what he just said, my eyes lit up. We’ve only gone to Japan for vacation for our 3rd anniversary. 

“Of course! A vacation with you is awesome! And for a week?! Where will it be?”

“Paris.”

Just that one word makes me light up like a bunch of Christmas lights on the Christmas tree. Because oh my gosh, Paris! He booked us a flight to Paris and I’ve always wanted to go there. I pinch one of his chubby cheeks and say, “You are so sweet.” And then I kiss his cute soft lips.

“Well what are we waiting for? We need to pack! When are we leaving any way?”

“Yunho scratches the back of his head and smiles goofily at me.

“Tonight?”

“What?”

“Yeah we’re leaving tonight.” He grinned at me.

“What tonight? But Yunho I haven’t made any note or message for me to have a leave—“

“Over and done with.” Yunho raises his phone and shows me the notice. I pounce on him and kiss everything on his face, his eyes, his nose, his forehead, his lips everything! 

“I’m so lucky to have you!”

“And I’m lucky to have you. Now get off me, we need to pack remember?” I stood up and helped Yunho fix his things. He picks up the drink I bought for him, I forgot about that.. He reached out and held my hand and lead me out of the room and out of the building.

--------------------------------

After the plane ride we went to the hotel that Yunho booked for us for a week and went into our room. I put my luggage down and went straight to the balcony as soon as I saw it. I almost wanted to scream in happiness, because in this balcony you can see a beautiful view of the city, the Eiffel Tower is there standing tall and proud amongst all the other buildings, it all looks so magical.

I felt arms wrap around my waist and I turn my head to the side slightly to see my boyfriend’s handsome face.

“What are you thinking about?”

“I love you.” Those words that when you hear them you feel shivers come through your whole body as if telling you that you needed and wanted to hear it. Maybe it’s just me or maybe it’s because it was the perfect moment to say it. But do you know what makes this even more perfect? You guessed it, a passionate kiss.

I turn my body fully, wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him on the lips. Soft lips meshing with another, it was just a passionate kiss with no tongue but with so much meaning.

There might be a time when people would look at us as if we were spawns of satan, as if we were pests destroying their clean and happy environment. But when you have somebody you just lose all the s you can give. 

We separate and smile at each other, “Come on baby, let’s go rest inside. We had a long flight and I don’t know about you, but I am tired.” As if to prove his point he yawns, making me yawn myself. I nod and we walk towards the bed and just lay there peacefully, I rest my head on his arm and my right hand resting on his chest, right over his heart.

“Can you feel it Jae?” I chuckled and lifted my head a little to look at him.

“Feel what?”

“My heart, it’s beating for you.”

“You cheesy bastard.” I hit his chest and lightly kiss his soft chubby cheeks.

“Go to sleep, Yunho.” 

“I love you Jae.”

“I love you too, Yunho”

-------------------------------

“Say Kimchi!” 

“Kimchi!” I said and did my pose, Yunho takes the picture then looks at it. I walk towards Yunho and asked if the picture looked okay. He showed me the photo and I leaned nearer to see. I was standing with my one foot and my arms were in the shape of a heart leaning to the side.

“Heeey.. Why are you so cute?” Yunho pinched my cheek and I slapped his hand away saying that it hurt and showed him my irresistible pout, well irresistible to him. He leaned forward and kissed my pout away. I smile a little as I can hear some girls giggling when they saw us kiss. I didn’t even spared them a glance since Yunho has all of my attention and his attention was on me so… Merong!

“So where do you want to go next?”

“Hmm… Oh I know! Cartier! Let’s go to the Cartier shop, please!” 

“Haha, okay okay, we’ll go to Cartier.”


My god. This is awesome. I look over the glass that covers all the Cartier jewelry, I pointed to one and asked if I could see it. I waited for the girl to take it out, as I look at my side I saw Yunho coming towards me. 

“See anything you like?” 

“Yes! But don’t buy it! I’m going to save, then buy it. Okay Yunho?”

“Yes princess” 

“Princess?”

“It’s cute.”

“Really?”

“Yes now shush princess and look at all the wonderful accessories you see.”

I stuck my tongue out to him and then smiled to the lady who had the accessory I asked to see.

----------------------------

“Yunho! Dinner’s ready!”

I prepare the plates and utensils and place the food on the table. I hear Yunho talking to someone on the phone. It’s probably someone from work or a friend that just wanted to catch up with him. Not much of a surprise, this is one of the millions of things that I love about him, even when he’s in a relationship he doesn’t forget about his friends. Good baby.

Yunho comes in while he pockets his phone. “Mhmm.. Oh my god, you should’ve been a cook.”

Yunho kisses my cheek and sit down in front of him. “Well, you never know, I might write a cook book with my recipe’s in it.”

“No way! The only people that will get to taste your cooking is you, me, our friends, and of course our family.”

I laugh, he could be so childish sometimes it’s endearing. Maybe I should give him a surprise, our anniversary is coming. 

We finish the food I prepared and we’re just sitting here talking about random stuff.

“Hey Jae, is it okay if I meet one of my friends here?” Yunho says, as he chews up the food in his mouth.

“Yeah of course, I was actually going to this store I saw on our way back and I was thinking of going alone.” And just as I predicted from him, his face turns predatory, here we go again.

“Oh Jae, I told you, you can tell me everything there’s no need to keep it inside. If you’re a hooker then fine. I have a really gorgeous hooker boyfriend.”

I almost laughed from that, he never changed, and he never will. I smile, “Oh Yunho. Just tell me the truth, it’s really you, you’re the hooker and that’s okay! I still love you.” Beat that Yunho, two can play at this game. 

Yunho sighs dramatically, “Fine, I am a hooker. I’m meeting a client later. And he might be addicted to Rough .”

“Oh baby…” I stand up and sit on his lap with my arms around his neck and his left hand holding my waist while his right is lying comfortably on my thigh, “You poor baby, what ever can I do?” 

He pouts at me with his sad puppy dog eyes. Even I can’t resist that at a time like this. “Give me a kiss?” I lean forward and gave him a kiss on his lips, “How’s that?” 

He smiles, “Now how about I cancel on my client and just do you?” He nuzzles his face on my neck and I laugh, “Okay stop! That tickles!” He pulls away and I see his smile, he smiles back and leans closer and brushes his lips over mine.

“I need to go now.” I chuckle and stood up from his lap. I walk him to the door and I pull his hand and kissed him. 

“Baby… I need to go…” I laugh and told him to go, I close the door and went back to the kitchen I started to pick up the dishes and clean them.

After cleaning everything we used while eating, I took a shower and dressed myself. I look at myself in the mirror to see if I looked decent enough and when I did I went outside and locked the door. 

I got out of the hotel and went straight to the nearest flower shop and thought about buying a bouquet for Yunho. You might think he is all manly, but everyone has a feminine side to them, and Yunho’s feminine side just happens to like sweet but simple things like giving him flowers, cuddling, and just saying I love you is enough for him, a total opposite of me. I too like those but I like it most when its done with effort. I don’t know, I find it sweeter when Yunho prepares something for me, but a simple surprise is okay.

“Uhm, hi do you speak english?” The woman nods at me and I smile.

“Can I get a bouquet please? Something that fits for a lover?”

“Oh yes! What message do you want to make?” The woman behind the counter asked me.

“Something that says, I love you and I want you?”

“Hahaha! Is this for a wedding?” My mind got a little fuzzy when she said it was for a wedding.

“N-no, it’s just a gift really.” I shook my head and smiled at her.

“Okay, then tulips and roses are great yeah?” I nod awkwardly at her and she smiles at me getting ready to fix the bouquet for me.

I took my phone out and texted Yunho.

Yunho-ah! You doing okay?

I immediately got a phone call from him. He told me about this once, when I text him he immediately just calls me, because he says that when I text him I text him another one while he was just going to send a reply to the previous text.

Hello?

-Jaejoong-ah, what’s up?

Nothing just wanting to know how you’re doing?

-Oh I’m fine. I’m here at Changmin’s house, did you know that Changmin had a house here? Damn it’s cool.

Really?! Wow, anyway are you going to be there long? Because I was planning on going to where you are.

-Okay I’ll text you the address, and Changmin says hi

Thanks, tell Changmin I said hi too. Love you bye.

-Love you too!!! Mmmmmmwwwaaaa!

I hung up just in time the woman was almost done with the bouquet.

“Oh my god, those are beautiful.”

“Why thank you!” She ties a red ribbon on the stems to put them together, gave it to me and I thank her for it. I give her the money and went out of the store. As I got out I received a text from Yunho with Changmin’s address. 

I raise my hand so that I could get a taxi and ask for the driver to take me there. I finally got one and went inside.

“To this address please.”

---------------------------------

I pressed the doorbell and waited for either the two of them to open the door. 

I looked at my reflection on the black screen of my phone to see if I looked decent enough. 

The bouquet of roses and tulips are behind me. 

I stand straight as I hear the sound of a door opening.

“Jaejoong-hyung! I’m glad you came! Come in!” Changmin hugs me and notices that I have a bouquet behind me. 

“Are those for hyung?” he whispers close to my ear. I feel a shiver from the back of my spine and nodded. What? My ears are very sensitive okay?

“Hyung’s in the kitchen by the way.”

I thanked Changmin and went straight to the kitchen and I see him sitting on one of the chairs, his back facing me. I quietly advanced towards him and when I was close to him I kiss his cheek. 

He turns to me and smiles, he gives me a long kiss and I wrap my arm—that wasn’t holding the bouquet—around his neck, we pulled away from each other breaking the kiss and I showed him the bouquet. 

“Oh Jae, these are lovely.” He kisses my cheek. “Thank you.” 

“Are you guys decent?” Changmin said while hiding behind a wall that separated the kitchen from the living room. Yunho and I laugh.

“Yes Min we’re decent.” Yunho said while he nuzzles his face in the crook of my neck and I giggle. 

“Aw how cute. Can I barf now?” Changmin said while making gag noises.

“Shut up Min, You’re ruining the moment.” I said as I just hugged Yunho tighter and pressed a light kiss on his cute chubby cheeks, that just makes it chubbier because he’s smiling. When I saw him and his cute expression and brought my face closer and rubbed our noses together, is this what they called an Eskimo kiss? It’s kind of sweet and cute.

“I’m in a moment? Oh I am honored to be in a yunjae moment!” Changmin said and laughed and went inside the living room again. 

I look at Yunho’s face again, I can feel the love.

“So…”

“So?” 

“Being the great boyfriend I am, Jae, I’m taking you out for dinner!” Yunho told me as he released me from his warm embrace. Did I just say that? His warm embrace? That is so gay, oh wait, I’m gay. Pfft.

“Dinner where?” he leads me to Changmin’s living room so we can seat on the sofa while talking.

I can see Changmin eating some chips while watching some show on TV, that I can’t understand because it’s in French? I look at Yunho again and waited for him to answer me.

“Don’t worry I’ll tell you. Dinner’s at 9, so I want you to look your best for tonight! Maybe go semi-formal?”

“Okay, whatever you want Yunho, and thank you for arranging dinner with me. And I’m expecting something very decent or great since you’re being all secretive.”

And Yunho did one thing that turns all my worries into excitement.

Jung Yunho smirked.

“Oh don’t worry, it’ll be fun.”

-----------------------------------

“Hm what should I wear?” I stand in front of the closet Yunho and I share. Ever get the feeling where you stand in front of your closet, see all these awesome clothes and be like ‘Oh, this is pretty…. Nah.’ That is what’s happening to me right now. 

I mean he did say semi-formal right? So I could wear black jeans, a white v-neck shirt and a black blazer, right? 

But isn’t that too casual? Should I just wear a tux? No wait, that’s too formal.

Ayy, if I can’t find anything I’ll just wear my freaking pajamas. 

I took out some of the clothes that I could wear and laid them out on my bed. I stare at them for, I don’t know, 15 minutes?

Out of frustration I just took the black jeans, the white v-neck shirt and the black blazer. I took my phone and looked at Yunho’s message.

JAE~ Go to Hotel XXXXX at the rooftop! Okay? See you! ^3^

I chuckled and got out of the room.

I walk inside the elevator and pressed the button for the floor at the top and when it opened, there was a red carpet with white petals on the floor, I got out and looked around. I see a sign telling me that I have to go up to get to the rooftop. 

So I just follow the red carpet, when I was almost there, the last flight of stairs has two lit candles at each step. I smile when I smell vanilla. Scented candles, Yunho might do something tonight.

I opened the door and I was met with a beautiful sight. The carpet ends at what seems to be a small Hand made gazebo, with white cloth as the roof and it flows down to the floor with Christmas lights hanging to give us some light, including the few candles on the ground. Inside the gazebo was two chairs, a table and food was already served. 

And Yunho… He was standing at the side wearing a blue denim polo and some jeans. Looking all handsome for me. I feel insecure now.

I walk closer towards Yunho and he walks towards me. We stop when we were close enough to feel our breaths mix with each other, I smile when I looked at our entwined hands. 

We walk together and sit down on the chairs. I inhale the delicious scent’s of the food in front of me and grin, I didn’t know I was this hungry.

“Surprise!” 

“Yah, This is above my expectations, Yunho” He laughs and leans backward. 

“I’m glad! Do you like it?” He said as he ate some of the food on his plate, when I saw that I started to pick up the utensils and eat the food on my plate.

“Of course…” I said and hid my smile from him by lowering my head to eat the food. 

 

Laughter can be heard on the rooftop as we both recall all our enjoyable memories together. 

We’ve finished our food and started to finish the champagne he had for us. While drinking we started to talk about how we first met, our first days of high school. And of course the embarrassing stuff are there too. 

When the laughter softens to silence, I look at the scenery, it was so peaceful and beautiful. We have a great view of the city, you can see the Eiffel Tower there, and of course the most beautiful view of all is Yunho, sitting right in front of me, smiling.

“Jae… Remember when we went to the pride parade at the US?” 

I look at my hands to think and yes I do remember. It was the most fun I’ve ever had at a pride parade, but of course when something good happens, there’s always something that’ll ruin that moment.

FLASHBACK

Everyone was resting since we’ve walked for the parade long enough and Yunho just went to go get us a drink. I smile when I see all the LGBT community happily celebrating, music everywhere, people dancing, meeting new people! This is one of the moments I’ll never forget. It’s almost 5pm and Yunho and I need to go back to the hotel for some rest so that we could leave for the early flight.

Yunho came back with our drinks and he sat down next to me and kissed me on the cheeks, just then I heard a faint yell of ‘’ at the distance and saw it was a bunch of protestors with their signs and banners saying ‘You’re going to hell’ ‘God hates Gays’ and all those ty signs. 

I just noticed that the ‘’ word was directed at me, when Yunho noticed it too he stood up and went over to the protestors and started arguing with them. I stood up and went to Yunho and prevent him from getting into trouble.

“Wow that is SO mature! Care to tell me more?!” Yunho yelled at the guy with a megaphone going on and on saying that what we’re doing is not right and that we’re going to hell. 

“Come on Yunho it’s not worth it. Mhppf!” Yunho caught me by surprised when he kissed me infront of the protestors, I can hear them cursing at us. When he released me he looked at them.

“I love him okay?! I LOVE HIM. Get over it!” 

“Son, you, are going to hell. What you’re doing is a sin. You can’t be together with another man.” 

“Oh really?! So divorce isn’t a sin?! How about adultery?! There are other problems in this world than YOUR problem with us. So go away you’re ruining the happiness of the people!” I start to see that there were already other people trying to help Yunho with the situation and I just tried to take him away from the mess.

But then the man with the megaphone tried to hit Yunho when he couldn’t make any comeback at Yunho. Resulting with Yunho wanting to hit the man to. I put all my strength to pull him away and when I managed to he calmed himself down and went to them again. I waited for what Yunho will do. 

“ you!” Yunho shouted. He turned to me and started walking to me. He looks really shaken up.

When he was with me he hugged me and I was right. He is shaking. 

“Come on, let’s go back to the hotel okay?” He nods. 

FLASHBACK END

After that he just cried and I held him telling him that everything was alright, that I was still here and I would never leave him. 

“What about it Yunho?” I asked him.

“You were there when I needed you. You held me and comforted me. Thank you. Now, remember when you fell the stairs and dislocated your knee?”

I shivered, not a good memory, Yunho helped me and never left me when I needed it.

I nod at him again.

“You took care of me and never left my side Yunho. And if you want me to say it, ‘cause I want to too. Thank you for taking care of me.” 

Yunho smiles, “How about that argument at Japan?”

“Oh Yunho don’t remind me… That’s one of our worst arguments yet.” 

We argued about something so little. The day on when we’re leaving Japan. Stupid right? Not even worth re-telling.

“But no matter how many arguments we had... We’d always get to patch things up… Eventually.” 

I smile and nod. I leaned on the backrest of the chair and at the same time, Yunho stood up to go to me, he kneels down on one knee and looks at me with only one thing I could distinguish… Love. 

Yunho takes a deep breath and holds both of my hands. 

“Kim Jaejoong, ever since we met, we’ve been inseparable. You’d take care of me, I’d take care of you. We argue, we laugh, we create great memories together. We’ve told each other that we were… are a pair, the other half, the missing piece… so let me have this honor to ask…” 

My eyes start to well up and I can feel my heart beating faster than earlier. Yunho reaches something out of his pocket and shows a beautiful ring… I cover my mouth and a gasped can be heard, Yunho just smiled and said.

“Kim Jaejoong, my other half, would you like to spend the rest of our years together as husbands?” 

I just started to cry, I can’t help it, I am just so overwhelmed.

“Will you marry me?” I cried harder and hugged Yunho.

“YES! You idiot yes! Of course!” We kissed… and it was a very wet kiss of tears and snot. Gross but hey, nothing can ruin this moment. I wipe away all the wetness on our faces with the napkins on the table and Yunho slid the ring on my finger and kissed my forehead. 

I gently smacked his chest and he pretended that it hurt.

“I hate you!” 

“What?! Jae, huh?”

“I was thinking of proposing to you first! You idiot Yunnie!” Yunho looked surprised but then he just laughed it off and gave me another ring. My eyes brighten and took it from him.

Yunho stands up and I did too. 

“Yunho-ah… You’re an idiot but I love you… marry me?” I said and smiled cutely at him. He laughs again and I chuckle.

“I was expecting something like you declaring a long speech about loving someone.” 

“It’s not enough?”

“No… It’s just right.” He kisses my lips and I wrap my arms around him lazily. When we broke off the kiss and told him he hasn’t answered me yet.

“Of course… Kim Jaejoong, I’ll be the best husband ever!” I laugh and slid the ring on his finger.

"Jae, you do notice it's already 12am right?" My eyes widen, I didn't know we've been here that long. Oh wait, it's 12 am that means... I smile at Yunho and kissed him again.

"Happy Anniversary Yunho." 

"Happy Anniversary Jaejoong." Then he kissed my forehead. 

We just silently lived in that moment, a moment where no one can disturb us, a moment that I’ll remember for the rest of my life. 

And all I can think about all night was…

Yunho, My Yunho, My other half… I love you.


HOLY SHINKI... This is so late T-T I'm sorry! And It's Yunjae's "anniversary" today so I thought 'I should finish the last chap of Marry You... I'm sorry, I lost the inspiration for awhile... T-T but now it's back! yaaay! 

LIVEJOURNAL

TWITTER