Chapter 3: All Marco's fault

Lost in Your Eyes

I came home and dropped myself and my bag on the floor of my living room. My German Shepherd, Marco, came right over to me with his tail wagging. "Hello, Marco boy. How are you?" I asked with a smile, knowing he would never answer, but he my face in response.

"Hello, Aron. I'm home!" My mom said behind me. I turned and gave her a sad frown. "What happened?"

"Umm, nothing," I said. "Marco!" I said, turning to the dog who had started giving playful love bites.

"No, not nothing. What did you do?" she asked in concern. My phone buzzed in my pocket.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Aron! It's Heather! I'm so sorry about earlier, I was so rude. Let's go to the park!" Someone said in a high-pitched voice. I rolled my eyes.

"Hi, Ren. I know it's you. Thanks for trying to make me feel better, though," I answered. My friends were awesome, but this didn't work this time. "By the way, you sound like a girl anyway. Why make it worse?" I giggled.

"I'm glad you're back down to Earth, Aron. You're finally laughing. And I DON'T SOUND LIKE A GIRL!" he answered loudly.

"Yeah, you do. So I thought about it, and we should go to the park. We can play soccer or something, and Marco needs a walk anyway," I said. Marco perked his ears up when he heard the word "walk".

"Okay, sure. We should bring the others, too. Only two of us playing soccer would be sort of boring," he replied, so I agreed.

When we got there, I took Marco off his leash so he could run around. JR brought a soccer ball, so we started playing, with Marco running after the ball with us. I passed the ball to Baekho and he scored. "Goal!!" he yelled in celebration. I heard Marco barking, so I immediately looked for him. I found him barking at some girls, so I ran over and pulled him back.

"I'm so sorry! He's usually nice, I'm sorry," I said, lifting his upper body by his collar, letting him bark in choked breaths. I looked at the girls. Heather and the girls who sat with her earlier. "Oh, Heather. Hi," I said awkwardly. She rolled her eyes, but the others giggled.

"Just get your dog away from me. What a stupid mutt," she replied angrily. Marco ripped free and barked at her full force. "Get him away!!" Heather screamed. I quickly pulled him back and left to go back to my friends.

"The point of coming here was to play soccer and forget her. Why is that so hard?" I told them. Minhyun patted my back.

"We can still play soccer and forget about her," he answered. I smiled and nodded.

"I guess...." I said shyly. A wide smile spread across his face.

"Yes! Thank you!" he said happily. I let go of Marco, who seemed quite calm now. We ended our game with a score of 16-14, and JR and I won, the two best players. I just kept thinking about how if that incident with Marco hadn't happened, she wouldn't have hated me as much.

When I got home, my mom stared at me in surprise. "What happened to you? Go upstairs and take a shower! I will not have you mess up this house!" she commanded. I nodded and went upstairs to take a shower. When I finished, I decided to sit in my room and do homework. The first time in a while, but I soon finished and I had nothing to do. Nothing to distract me from her. Her perfect eyes and beautiful face were all I could see and think of.

"Get out of my head, Heather," I whispered. I was only talking to myself. She was only an empty figure inside my head, but she kept swirling my thoughts around like a tornado. She made me forget all my pain, yet she took my pain's place.

And I couldn't forget that she broke me, Aron Kwak, class A Bad Boy. She reminded me that I have bigger problems if she's all it takes to turn me from taking orders from no one to the only one that cares what someone thinks about him.

________________________________________________________________

Hi! Sorry I'm late..... This chapter took a while to write. I love writing and all, but when I get stuck, it's just like "I HATE ALL LIVING CREATURES!! I DEMAND YOU ALL TO DIE!!!" Lol jk but I hate it when I'm stuck.... Hopefully, after I get through the next chapter, I have the best idea ever. Get ready for something good in 5. Fighting!