Chapter 4: Taken?

Lost in Your Eyes

I went straight over to Heather the next day. "I'm so sorry about my dog...." I apologized. She smiled shyly.

"It's okay. Look, Aron, we need to talk...." Heather started off. She finally wanted to talk to me? I guess I was charming after all. My thoughts were interrupted when the bell rang and she started grabbing books out of her locker.

"What is it?" I asked quickly. She started walking away, but I grabbed her arm. "What?" I repeated.

"Look, I'll talk to you at lunch," she answered, pulling her arm from my grasp and leaving. I left to my next class disappointedly.

"You must be Aron. You're late," the substitue teacher said, annoyed. I sat down at my seat and shrugged.

"It's what I do," I answered simply. I heard a few giggles from the class, but they were immediately revoked when the teacher came over to my desk.

"Perhaps you would like to go to principal's office, Mr. Kwak?" she asked. I slowly shook my head in intimidation. "Good. I don't care if you're late to this class normally, but if you're late to the one I'm teaching, there will be consequences." I nodded quickly, so she smiled and began to teach. I felt Ren's soft nudge on my arm, so I turned to see him smiling at me. I stared at him in confusion.

"I saw you talking to Heather. How did it go?" Ren whispered. I rolled my eyes.

"Terrible. But she said she'd talk to me later, so that's okay," I whispered back. He gave a small thumbs-up and a wide grin. Ren was so easily impressed. It was funny, but I rolled my eyes and gave him a smile.

"Fighting, hyung!" he responded, holding up a proud fist. I did the same.

"Fighting!" I said quietly. But I knew I shouldn't have when I heard my name.

"Aron, what about you?" the teacher asked. Oh god, no......

"What?" I asked in confusion. She glared at me, but there were still giggles throughout the class.

"Pay attention!" She snapped. I nodded quickly, so she went back to teaching.

After that class, we had lunch. I couldn't believe I could finally talk to Heather without her being mad at me. I walked swiftly over to her table and sat down across from her. I smiled, but she didn't look up. When she did, she smiled shyly. "Hi, Aron....."

"Hey, so what's up?" I said casually.

"Umm, Aron..... I wanted to tell you that....." Heather struggled for words. I wanted all the satisfaction of her words, so I could kiss her right after and tell her I felt the same way about her.

"Yes, Heather?" I asked sweetly, trying to make her want me even more.

"Aron, I don't like you. I have a boyfriend," she answered quickly. How sweet- wait, what?! WHAT?!

"W-what do you mean?" I asked in disbelief. She bit her lip, but I knew it wasn't true. It couldn't be! I know she likes me! Otherwise, she wouldn't have wanted to talk to me, right? Unless.... Unless she wanted me to leave. Because she was taken....

"So you don't want me to talk to you anymore?" I asked sadly. She nodded her head up and down, indicating that every thought I had devoted to her was worthless. I went to where my friends sat and took my usual place. I pushed my lunch to the middle of the table. I couldn't eat, so I lay my head down on my arms rested on the table.

"Hyung? Are you okay?" Minhyun asked. I shook my head. "Okay, well, can you tell us why?"

"She's taken," I said. I felt my heart hurting as if that's the only thing it could do after being broken.

"There are other girls, don't worry," Minhyun assured me.

"Yes, but if she's the only I want, it doesn't matter what other girls there are," I replied.

_____________________________________________________________________

Hi! Hopefully, I can make a good chapter 5.... I decided chapter 6 will be the good one. Sorry T^T I'll try my best! Hashi Konata Fighting!