Your Kisses

Your Kisses

 

                Kibum was woken up by a soft and fluffy pillow hitting him on the head. He opened his eyes and saw Kim Heechul grinning at him stupidly.

                “Good morning Kibummie!” He greeted. Heechul then pecked on Kibum’s lips and ran out of the room, giggling.

                No. Heechul is not his boyfriend. And the last time Kibum checked, he is a manly man. Heechul and Kibum have been friends since they were kids. They used to do things together; playing by the creek, buying ice cream during summer and making snowmen during winter.

                It was in high school when things changed. Heechul had a boyfriend, their very rich classmate named Choi Siwon. They started to drift apart. All Heechul did was snog Siwon. It didn’t matter to Kibum if Heechul’s gay; to him they were still friends. But it was Heechul who chose to spend all his time with his wealthy boyfriend.

                But destiny must have plans for them. They wind up being in the same university while Siwon has to study abroad. Heechul and Kibum are now roommates. Things are still different now. Heechul became very touchy and likes to kiss Kibum. He doesn’t mind being kissed by Heechul. Kibum actually finds it cute. And mind you, he still thinks he’s a manly man.

                When Kibum went down the kitchen, the aroma of McDonald’s pancake enveloped the dining room. They always eat take-outs from fast-food because neither the two of them can’t cook.

                “Let’ eat Kibummie.” Heechul smiled.

                Kibum sat on the chair across Heechul. He poured maple syrup on his pancake.

                “Until what time is your class today?” Heechul asked.

                “Seven in the evening.” Kibum replied.

                “I will wait for you ne?” He grinned, shoving a mouthful of maple syrup covered pancake into his mouth. Heechul then leaned towards Kibum and kissed him on the lips leaving trails of sticky maple syrup in his plump lips. Kibum the maple syrup off. Hmm. Sweet.

                When he finished eating, Kibum stood up to take a bath and dress up.  He grabbed his bag and ran downstairs having a hard time with his necktie.

                “Let me help you.” Heechul offered. He carefully tied Kibum’s necktie. “So handsome.” Heechul grabbed the necktie and pulled Kibum, letting their lips crash together.

                “I gotta go.” Kibum said, dumbfounded.

                During class, Kibum’s thoughts were flying. He knew that he is not gay. But why is he letting Heechul just kiss him? He admits that it feels good. But he knew it’s wrong to have an affair with a man.

                “Kibum! Let’s go to the bar later! There will be loads of hot chicks there” His classmate, Eunhyuk invited.

                That’s right! The reason why he allows Heechul to just kiss him is because he doesn’t have any girl he likes. Maybe at the bar, he could find a girl who can make his heart skip a beat.

                “Fine. Count me in.” Kibum replied.

                When the night came, Kibum drowned himself with soju and allow the girls in the bar touch him and gyrate in front of him. Yes, the girls are y and gorgeous but he still couldn’t feel any affection for him. His cellphone was now filled with texts and missed calls from Heechul. Kibum doesn’t want to go home yet. For sure, Heechul will just shower him with kisses.

                “Oppa~ Let’s go out~ I want to spend some time with you. Just the two of us.” One of the girls said in a seductive tone while encircling her finger on Kibum’s thigh.

                Because he was feeling stuffy inside the bar, Kibum stood up and pulled the girl out of the bar. The moment when they got out, the girl pinned Kibum to the wall. She pressed her body into his and kissed him. It was a different kiss. So different from Heechul’s.

                “Kibummie?!” Heechul voice cracked.

                Kibum pushed the girl away. He saw that Heechul was on the verge of tears. Heechul turned his back and started running away.

                “Heechul wait up!” Kibum called, following Heechul.

                “Why are you following me? Just go back and kiss that girl of yours. I bet you like his kisses more than mine.” Heechul cried.

                “How can I even like your kisses when I know that you have a boyfriend?” Kibum blurted out. Heechul looked at him and began to laugh. What’s happening?

                “Does that mean you’re jealous?” He smirked. “We broke up a week ago. There. Do you like my kisses now?”

                Kibum took Heechul’s hand and pulled Heechul closer. He held his chin and looked directly into Heechul’s eyes.

“Yes. I like it so much.”  Kibum said and kissed Heechul passionately.

So what’s wrong with liking and kissing a man? It doesn’t make you less of a person. What actually matters is that it makes you happy.