SIX - one month later

Why Me?

[Kris' POV]

                Since we got back to Korea, we have had no spare time. I just barely managed to keep up to date with Crescere's winnings and activities. But finally, after multiple weeks of going back and forth and around Seoul, the lot of us managed to relax in front of the TV to watch the debut of SM Multi, the new rap ballad project group.

                "Wah! Chanyeol-ah!" exclaimed Suho.

                "Chanyeol!" the others cheered.

                In a straight line, Seohyun, Heechul, Ren and Chanyeol stood in black and/or white with mournful faces.

                "Seohyun Noona looks pretty," said Baekhyun. "Wah, I envy Chanyeol."

                "What? Because he can rap and you can't?" asked Luhan.

                "Hyung's no better than me!" Baekhyun threw back, playfully.

                As much as I was supporting Chanyeol, I never took my eyes off Ren. Even if her side profile was what the camera captured, I would still be staring at her.

                Ren was pretty tall herself, but Chanyeol still looked like he towered over her. It suddenly made me realise how intimidated she must've felt when we stand next to each other. But I quickly forgot that when her powerful, husky voice projected out from her slim figure. As she sung, I kept thinking back to when I first heard her voice. Initially, it sounded like a tamed lion that overtime was set free. Now, she could easily match Chen in a high note battle.

                Once the performance ended, I let out a sigh. Every time she sung, it warmed my heart. Other times, it gives me goose bumps. But what a lot of people still don't know, including Ren herself, was that it was her voice that I first fell in love with.

                "Hyung," Baekhyun called out to me. "Did the manager give you the go?"

                "Yeah," I said. "He told me yesterday."

                "And you didn't tell us?" asked D.O.

                "Don't be offended," said Chen.  "It took us two days for us to worm a hint outta him. It was enough for us to figure out the rest."

                "So why don't you tell us?" D.O. asked Chen.

                "Don't," I said, glaring at Chen. "The more people know about it, the harder it will be to keep it under wraps."

                "Oh, so we're just people now, are you?" asked Baekhyun.

                "Well, we're not pack rats," said Kai.

                "No, but you kids are noisy," I said, getting up from the couch.

                "You're going now?" asked Xiumin. "She won't have left the studio yet!"

                "I know," I said. "I texted her saying I'll meet her at headquarters. I can just pretend I ran into her by accident if I get caught."

                The members noticed the smile on my face as I left the dorm. I had been planning this since the day before I last left for China. Some people may have thought it was too soon, but after this, I wasn't planning on rushing a thing.

                "You really do love her," said Lay.

                I sighed and smiled. "Sure; I reckon I can call it love. Don't wait up for me."

*

                The walk to SM Headquarters was only about ten minutes. I texted Ren again to tell her that I was in the furthest studio down the south hallway.

                It was small and mostly used for singing. I knew that room but it was the room Ren used the most for her practices in her spare time; she said because it was the furthest down the hallway, it seemed to be the most sound-proof, where no one would hear her or disturb her. Sadly for her, it wasn't entirely sound-proof; turn the volume of any music up loud enough, and it can be heard anywhere, so I got to eavesdrop on her heavenly voice whenever I got the chance.

                It was a massive pain in the nuts to organise everything, all for the lack of privacy we get. But the company wasn't allowed to deny it. I loved her, and I wanted to prove it. Not to the world just yet though.

                In almost no time at all, the door swung open. Still in full make-up and a short white lace dress from her performance earlier, she smiled brightly.

                "Hey, baby girl," I said, holding my arms out.

*

[Ren's POV]

                Despite all the doubt and all the questions, I was just overjoyed with the sight of him. Even in tracksuits and a hoodie, he looked so beautiful and seductive. I ran into his arms and practically jumped on him. Completely disregarding the hard work my stylist had put into me, I buried my face in his neck, allowing a couple tears to drop.

                "You have no idea how much I've missed you," he said.

                Kris was holding me off the ground, but he quickly put me down to finally get a good look at my face. I observed his too; he was smiling. And that was all I needed to feel this happy. Finally meeting his lips, I shamelessly opened my mouth and allowed his ever-wandering tongue to explore it. I knew I wasn't strong enough to match him, so I just let him have at it.

                "Man…if I had known you'd still be in your stage clothes, I would've dressed better," said Kris, breaking the kiss. "Damn, you're so beautiful."

                "Dressed any better and you would've blown your cover," I said. "But…ah…"

                Before I could say more, his lips found the soft spot on my neck. Happily at, I just held onto him, wherever I could reach.

                "Ah, ," Kris suddenly hissed.

                "What?" I asked, in a slight panic.  "What's wrong?"

                His smile still maintained, but it slightly turned into a smirk. "We can't do this here."

                "Do what?" I asked, hopelessly. I suppose I knew what he was talking about, but it seemed too soon for either of us to suggest it.

                "You seriously have no idea how much I wanna rip that dress off you," he whispered, ever so seductively. "That's why…tomorrow…we're going on a trip."

                "Ne?!"

                Right after he shamelessly admitted he wanted to do something forbidden, that wasn't what I expected to hear, but it did spark a million thoughts rushing through my mind.

                "You do know SM Multi's is still smack bang in the middle of promotions," I said. "And Crescere's not entirely done with promotions either!"

                Kris just laughed. "I know, I know! But…don't hate me…but I organised it with our managers before I left. They managed to give us the one day. We'll leave at night after our schedules; just one day. Why are you frowning?"

                Rather than angry, I was way too flustered to even comprehend half of what he was saying. Also, I guess I was overwhelmed with how much he had managed to plan in a short amount of time and in such a bind as both of our groups were still in the middle of promotions. Meeting eyes with him again, I snapped back to reality.

                "I'm…just…keep talking," I sighed. "And preferably with a little less cheek."

                Kris chuckled. "All right. Yeah, well…I know we have a lot of questions for each other. And we both know, the best way to work it all out is together. I want us to know each other better, without everyone being there. And besides…we'd have a little more fun while we're at it."

                He moved his lips over my ear and worked his way down my neck, back to my soft spot. I could feel his hands softly moving down my back and over my rear end.

                "Wait, wait, wait!" I exclaimed. "Where exactly are we going?"

                "Oh, well…" Kris started. "Just the countryside, for a start."

                "A start?" I asked.  "What? Were you planning on doing a world tour in one day?"

                "Hey, have faith in me! I've been planning this for a month! I might've underestimated how much you care for details."

                Truthfully, I was never into the cliché lovey-dovey stuff with the chocolates and roses; and Kris knew that. But he definitely did underestimate me.

                As a leader, he should've known how much it takes to make sure everything was in check; which involves knowing pretty much everything about everyone in the group. But because I was happy just to be with him in that moment, I let it slide.

                "Yeah, we'll start with the countryside," Kris continued. "There's a nice hill I thought we'd have a picnic on and there's a motel nearby. It's a quiet area and it's not peak season, so there's pretty much no one there except people that probably don't actually know us. Now I only have two schedules tomorrow. I know you'll finish later than me so…I got you this."

                From the inside of his jacket, he pulled out a train ticket. I was confused as to why he only had one.

                "We can't be seen together," he said. "So, I'll go first and check in the motel for us and I'll meet you there."

                My breathing got steadier but I still worried. A whole day of no worries with Kris seemed next to impossible just minutes ago. Now, to do just that, he's managed to organise it! As happy as I was, I couldn't help but feel it was wrong.

                "My manager knows?" I asked.

                "Yeah; it was meant to be a surprise. I'm actually surprised EXO-K didn't blurt it out while I was gone."

                "No, but I think I know why Chanyeol wanted me to talk to you."

                "Oh? Well, well done him."

                "But will this really work? How can we be so sure this won't get out to the public?"

                "Look, even if it does go out, what does it matter? It's not like I lied! Yeah, I said more than I probably should've, but people will find out eventually. Sure, people will hate us afterward, but at the end of the day, I only need you! And I need you to trust me. It's you and me, together."

                I knew that the more I thought about it, the guiltier I would feel. I felt like I was abandoning my duties as a leader and as an idol. Crescere may have won number one, but that wasn't the end for us; it was just the beginning. Was it worth risking?

                "I just hope you know what you're asking of me," I said, finally.

                "Whaddya mean?" asked Kris.

                "I want nothing more than to be with you, I swear," I urged. "But…"

                "You're thinking too much," said Kris. "We agreed we'd just be a normal couple. Ignore the comments, the netizens, the cameras, everything! None of that matters. I didn't fall in love with you because of that!"

                I looked up and met his eyes thoroughly. I was still trying to unscramble all the thoughts rushing through my mind that I almost missed it.

                "You…" I choked. "Y-you love me?"

                "Yes," he hissed, firmly. "I love you. I have always loved you. And I regret not telling you that sooner. But I guess…at the time, I was probably just as unsure as you were to say it out loud. All I knew was I wanted to be with you. And if that's love, then I love you."

                Suddenly, all the previous thoughts that I was struggling to unscramble just dropped to my feet. My knees felt shaky, my upper legs felt heavy and my heart skipped a couple beats throughout the minute that felt like an hour.

                "So? You'll be there?" he asked.

                I found my smile again. "Yes…"

                "All right then," he piped up. "Don't be late for the train. It's non-refundable." With a quick kiss on my lips and my forehead, he headed for the door.

                "Oppa!" I called, before he reached the door. I was still gobsmacked, but I was happy. "I love you too."

                He smiled. It was a rare smile too. I was glad I was only one of very few people who could see it. It was the smile full of nothing but sincerity.

                "I know," he said.  "I'll go first. Wait for about ten minutes before you leave. I may have spotted a couple fan girls on the way in."





Wah~ I think the time has come where I add something ...teeheeheeheeheehee xP

I'll see how I go with the next chapter ^^ and i'm coming up with backdoor stories of the other members too - soooo things may get just a tad complicated and confusing, but i'll do my best

also out of randomness; I decided to start sketching after our Picasso displayed his artistic skills...
It's not perfect, and I'm still practicing but he was the first i drew and I worked through the rest of them right after~ now im halfway through Super Junior ^^ just thought i'd try sharing ^^