ONE - Preface

Why Me?

                I stood around the hall room with a cup of soda in one hand and my phone in the other. As I watched my senior idols and the extended SM staff congratulate BoA on her anniversary, I felt my phone vibrate. I opened the phone to find a text message.

 

From: Cowboy

     Come to the rooftop

               

                The name had changed from time to time, but this seemed to be one of his least common nicknames. So I thought it was safe to use in case someone decided to go snooping.

                I was excited by the text but I had to control it in the middle of a crowd. Gulping down the last of my soda and disposing the cup in the nearest bin, I almost strode out of the hall. He promised the day would come, but being the stubborn person that I am, I didn't hold onto the thought to save myself the potential despair. But he promised. Was he about to deliver?

                I took the lift and climbed a couple staircases, at least two steps at a time, to get to the company's rooftop. The open air was fairly cool, but the bright, warm sun gave the even balance. It also made the perfect spotlight for his 187cm of perfection.

                He heard my footsteps and turned around to meet my eyes.

                "Come here," he said, holding out his hand. He smiled gently. I smiled back and reached my hand out to take his. He pulled me next to him. "You remember this spot?"

                "Sure; you caught me here after my first day of lessons," I said, attempting to sound as natural as possible. Looking out into the open view, I took a deep breath. "The same day you told me that things would get better."

                "They certainly did," he said, smiling at me. "Hey, Ren…"

                He held my shoulders gently and positioned me to face him. I looked up into his eyes. There were times where that gaze intimidated me because it looked so strong that he would get into my head and expose all my secrets.

                "I've waited," he started. "I said I was sorry, and I still am, for dumping what I said when I did. But you have to know every word was true. And if you're ready, I'm ready too."

                Just before I debuted with my group, he had admitted, out-rightly, that he liked me. But we both knew the troubles coming with it. But he still said he'd wait.

                He's well-respected, but it was the peak of his career. I was only just about to debut. Neither of us were really ready for a relationship, nor was I ready to let him throw away everything he worked for, for something that was probably going to explode in our faces.  

                But now, it's been just over a year, and we've both waited it out for this long. He's a world star, and it was safe to say I was the rising rookie. Was it time to give it a go?

                "I'm not sure if I'm completely ready," I spoke tenderly.  "But I know I'll lose you completely if I don't take you now. And I'll regret that more than anything."

                That may have been what I said, but a million different thoughts started rushing through my head once his tender lips pressed against mine. His hands gently the outline of my face and slowly moved around my neck. Eventually, his lips followed to where his hands left off on my neck. Thanks to his soft and luscious lips, I found my sensitive spot, and also the threshold of my desire to have him all to myself and never let him go. It may have been too soon to jump to conclusions, but all I knew was I wanted to be with him for however long fate would allow.