First Encounter

3 Things To Do Before I Die

"Mum, dad! I'm going off now!" I said as I wore my sneakers while clutching the daily newspaper under my arm.

"You know you can just help out your parents at our shop, why go through all the inconvenience?" My dad said.

Of course I was never going to work at their florist's. Firstly, there would be no pay. Secondly, it would not fulfill the wish I had. Given my qualifications, working as a florist's assistant would defeat the purpose of me studying so hard for the past few years. I bade them goodbye and headed off to the streets in high spirits.

I needed something that made use of my brains. Taking out my glasses from my bag, I scanned the classified section of the newspaper and circled those advertisements I preferred.

"First stop, FIX building." I muttered to myself. This company was huge, and they were employing a secretary, their pay should be really high. I hummed a random tune while heading to the destination. This should be easy.

Stepping into the gigantic building, I could not help but gasp. I looked at the shiny floor, and even saw my own reflection. I stared at all the busy people walking past, and looked at myself on the floor again. I felt out of place with my plain red tee shirt, jeans and sneakers.

I gulped, and slowly walked towards the information counter while trying not to let my sneakers squeak against the floor.

"Uhm, I'm here for the interview for the secretary position," I cleared my throat and used my most polite tone. The lady stared at me skeptically and frowned.

"Do you have an appointment?" she asked. Her voice almost made me shiver.

"N-No. But I'm an university graduate, I even brought my qualification folders, " I stuttered and clumsily reached out for my certificates in my bag.

"I'm sorry but you'll have to make an appointment, if not you're not allowed to go for the interview." she said again.

Of course, how could I be so stupid not to even think of that? I breathed heavily, calmed myself down and kept all my documents again.

"So when's the next available date then?" I asked politely again.

"Today's the final date."

I froze. Today? I was too late. I greeted her goodbye and left the building. I thought this whole job-finding thing would be really easy and smooth for me, but I guess not. How could I even be so dumb not to get an appointment in advance anyway. I let out a heavy sigh. As I exited the building, I took out my newspaper again.

I looked at all the circled advertisements and realised I should just go home and make appointments beforehand instead. I did not have a mobile phone, I could not call them right on the spot. My happy mood turned sour as I dragged my feet back home.

I was about to keep my newspaper back into my tote bag when suddenly, I crashed into someone.

"Watch where you are going would you?" I shouted as I bent down to pick up my glasses. Luckily it did not crack, I thought as I wiped the lenses with my shirt and put it back on.

I stood up again and looked at the culprit. He was wearing this huge pair of sunglasses when it was not even sunny at all. He muttered an apology and simply walked away hurriedly. I frowned.

"Yah! Where are you going? At least apologise properly!" I pulled his arm towards me.

I saw his eyes widen behind the sunglasses. "Do you know who you're messing with?" he hissed.

What? Was he supposed to be famous? This guy knew how to turn my mood even worse than before. Without thinking, I grabbed his sunglasses off his face, trying to get a good look of him. Before I could even see his face, he pulled me by the arm and dragged me to an alley.

"If you want to look at me, I'm Jonghyun, from SHINee. Are you happy now? You didn't have to make a huge fuss over there. More fan girls would come!" he raised his volume slightly and snatched his sunglasses back from my hand.

"I don't care who you are! Just say sorry properly would you?" I was angry. So what if he was from SHINee? I admit that I like their songs but not to the extent that I would go all gaga for them.

"Hello? This is Jonghyun from SHINee?" he waved his hand in front of my face as if I was a moron that could not understand him.

"I know! Now just freaking apologise?" I shouted again, only to have my mouth covered by his hand.

"Shush, okay I'm sorry, happy?" he put his finger over his mouth, and continued looking at me with curious eyes.

I struggled to pull his hand away from my mouth, but I was never a strong person. I gave up using my energy and instead his hand, which caused him to back away immediately.

"I hope I never run into you again," I cleaned my mouth that were full of his germs before walking away. This guy sure was rude.

 

Jonghyun's POV

Who the hell was she? Why wasn't she hyperventilating over me?

I cleaned my hand with my shirt and put my sunglasses back on. I recalled her face when she dropped her glasses, and I must admit, she did look cute.

 

A/N: THANKS TO ALL SUBSCRIBERS FOR YOUR WONDERFUL COMMENTS ! :D The next chapter will be much more interesting, so don't stop reading! (: