Chapter 1: First breath

ROD

A boy.

Raven black hair, glowing in the moonlight. Empty and tired eyes scanning the scenery beneath him, looking at the night live city from the crane he was standing on, admiring it's beauty. It was alive, breathing. This was definitely his favorite place to be, silently watching the sun come up and set back down, creating the most beautiful site. Breathing in the fresh air he ruffled his hair, craving for a little snack. Finally feeling a faint ripples in the air he reached into his pocket to retrieve his headphones. Putting them on and turning It to maximum, he let the music flow, from head to toes until he felt the bass shake his core.

 

The sound ripples were stronger now and more frequently, indicating that they were close. Feeling playful he waited until he could see them. And indeed, not even a second later the mid-level creatures came flying out of the portal that just appeared. Wings black as the night, heads half ripped off with barely any flesh on it and claws sharp as knifes. Barely being able to avoid the other cranes on the construction ground they flew with great speed. Blinded by lust and anger they long out to the boy, each trying to reach him first.

Now turned around the boy faced them with open arms, practically giving himself. With only a few meters left the boy closed his eyes. Letting out a light chuckle he let himself fall, letting their claws scrap nothing but air. Feeling the air surrounding him he went down with a smile. The creatures screeched out as they also let themselves fall after the boy. Determinated they circled their target and flocked in like bees. So as all of them grabbed a part of the boy, already celebrating their victory, the boy finally opened his eyes,  glowing a bright light. Having to let go because of the intense of the light, they stopped midair to tend their eyes. Sending out such a force from his body, it caused the creatures to burn down, one by one. As the last ones burned down, he reached out. Such a small movement but controlling such great power. The second he moved all sound stopped, the wind didn’t tousled his hair anymore, everything stood still. Now only a few feet from the ground he let himself fall graceful landing on his feet. With another flick of his hand everything continued, not a single trace left of the activities from the last past minutes. Dusting on his pants he took his leave. His feet taking him were they wanted.

 


~

 

“Young man, get back in here!”

Storming out of the house the young man took his leave in one of the many cars they owned. Growling at the worthless shiny cars lined in a neat line, stepping in the red Ferrari F12 berlinetta he got for his birthday. Leaving tires tracks on the driveway on his way out, he didn’t feel any guilt in scaring the poor gardener that was working in de front garden. Just wanting to cool down the boy couldn’t care less about anything that included traffic lights. And just as he rode through the first red light an all too familiar red and blue light appeared from behind a building, urging for him to pull over.

“Great, just what I needed. Well not today my friend.”

Not planning to do he sat back as his feet slowly pressed itself further on the gas, stifling a light chuckle the boy watched as the bright light turned in noting more than a little speck in his rear mirror.

Finally coming to a rest at a construction area he stepped out and took place on its hood. Sighting he let himself fall against the glass, slowly taking in his surroundings. The sun was ready setting making the city look breath taking, all the million’s little light lighting the whole city, beautiful. It was alive, he couldn’t say that of himself, yes he was breathing but actually living was something he didn’t quite experience. Just as he wanted to shut his eyes, they caught something, or someone. A boy, standing on one of the cranes. Only being able to see the outlining of the boy’s body he just couldn’t help but stare.

Squinting his eyes to see what the boy was doing, they quickly went wide as he saw the boy turn around arms wide and let himself fall, so calm and smooth. It was almost beautiful to watch if it wasn’t for the fact the boy jumped. But what also caught his eyes where other things suddenly appearing from thin air seeming to chase the boy. One by one the creatures reached the boy forming a big ball of blackness just hanging in the air. Suddenly a flash of light appeared, the things screeched out as if they were blinded. And not even a second pass by as flames surrounded them one by one burning down to asses. The boy looked unharmed but he was still falling. By now standing on the hood of his car, he watches as the boy reached out and

nothing, nothing happened. Everyhing stopped no more sound, no soft breeze everything just froze. But why wasn’t he just as frozen as everything around him?

Focusing back on the boy now only a few meters from the ground, he saw him falling graceful on the ground landing on his feet as he dusted his pants off.  Just as the panic reached his head again, the boy reached out again and everything came back. The sound, the soft breeze. Still trying to get a hold on himself he almost missed the direction the boy took off.

Still staring at the direction the boy walked to, he slowly climbed of his car and stepped in. Feeling the trill of the past few minutes still flowing through him as electric shocks he strongly griped the steering wheel, putting the car in reverse.

Like hell he would let this pass, for the first time he felt alive, breathing and he wanted more of that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

First chapter. Short but a nice start

byebye