Just Friends

Campus Beat

"Ugh,I hate you!" Baekhyun groaned as soon as he and Chanyeol were far enough for Jongin to hear.

"What? Is it my fault that you're such a loudmouth?" Chanyeol giggles seeing Baekhyun pissed face.

"Don't laugh,it irritates me." Baekhyun rolls his eyes. 

"Sorry,I just can't---Umm so do you need to say something to me?" Chanyeol ask placing his hands on his side pockets.Biting his lips to stop from giggling.

"Ah yeah.I won't be going to band practice later."

"Why?"

"We had some stupid family reunion later.I'll be going with Kris."

"That's all?"

"Yes,that's all." 

"Nothing else?"

"Yes geez! Don't assume that I'd make excuse just to talk to you.We're not in a romantic relationship here."

"Well,last night is--" Chanyeol walks closer to Baekhyun and closes the distance between their faces but Baekhyun suddenly interrupts by placing a hand on the taller one's face.

"ual not romantic." Baekhyun reassures.

"ual not romantic." Chanyeol repeats.

"Just friends." Baekhyun said while grinning.

"Just.....Friends." Chanyeol also grins.

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

"Kris,you bull! You made me wait for an hour." Baekhyun spats as soon as he spots Kris inside his audi.

"Sorry princess,had some bussiness to finish."

"By bussiness you mean girls?" Baekhyun rolls his eyes and gets in Kris' audi.

"Just be grateful that I came." 

"Boo! You !"

 

 

~~~

 

 

"Oh Baekkie! Look at you,you're all grown up now!" A 50-something woman approached Baekhyun and Kris as they enter the venue. "And Kris,you're more handsome than before."

"Well thanks." 

"I bet you guys are in relationships now.Am I right?" 

Kris and Baekhyun looked at each other,communicating with eyes then back to their aunt.

"Well not me,I don't know if Baek is." Kris said looking at Baekhyun.

"Well Baekhyun? Are you?"

"Oh no! No,Auntie.I'm single."

Suddenly Chanyeol's idiotic smile flashes through Baekhyun's mind.

No.Way.

 

"Fine! Don't tell me,I know you kids." Then the lady left and Baekhyun is more than thankful.

3 hours have passed and the event continues on,only more and more relatives arrived by every minute,making Baekhyun hate his situation more and more.He asks his Mom if he can go but his Mom refused saying it would be disrespectful.Noone to talk to(Because he's not that close with his cousin except for Kris who eventually disappears),he scrolls his contacts in his phone,searching for someone to talk to him.Well there's Kris who he dialed but noone answers (On his second dialed,someone answered but it's not Kris,must be a fling),his close friend Luhan who he dialed but when answered he sounds drunk and trance music playing in the background,then his fingers landed on Chanyeol's name.He clicked on it and after three rings,he answers.

"Hello sweetheart." 

"Don't sweetheart me,Yeol."

"Seriously Baek,why don't you have any sweet bones in you?"

I had sweet boners though.

"I don't need it.I would but not to you,to my future boyfriend.You're not my boyfriend,you're my....."

"Your??"

"Friend."

"Frieeend?"

"Yes,friend."

"Boo,you .Friends can be sweet too." He can hear Chanyeol's deep voice giggle from the other line and that also makes him smile.

"I suppose you're getting bored there."

Baekhyun rolls his eyes and said,"You said it.I'm dying here slowly."

"Then let me make you feel alive again."

Baekhyun grins,"I can't.My Mom won't let me leave."

"Too bad then well I need to sleep.Too tired from band practice."

"Wait! Chanyeol--Ugh,I hate you!"

"I love you too." Then Chanyeol hangs up making Baekhyun frowns.

Brat,you'll see.

 

  ~~~

 

 

Baekhyun hurried towards room 405 and opens it as soon as he reached it,Closing it with a loud bang.The room is dim and good thing Baekhyun's eyes is well in the dark.He head towards Chanyeol's bed and lay over Chanyeol's body.

"Make me feel alive,sweet bone." He whispered into Chanyeol's ears passionately.He the latter's hair and it kinda feels different.Then the light goes on.

"Byun Baekhyun,what the are you doing?!" He saw Chanyeol standing beside the light switch.Then if Chanyeol's there then who is this,Baekhyun wonders.He looks down and saw a terrified Kim Jongin curled under his blankets.

"." Baekhyun cussed.

 

~~~

 

"Baek,I haven't introduced you to Jongin yet.He's my new roommate.Jongin,he's Baekhyun,the vocalist in our band and my..." Chanyeol turns his gaze to Baekhyun and said,"My friend." Baekhyun raises an eyebrow and rolls his eyes.

"You should have done that earlier Yeol!" Baekhyun said and looks at Jongin who is staring at his cup of coffee. "I'm really sorry Jongin.I didn't know.That's just the way Me and Chanyeol...Play."

"Yeah,we play alot." Chanyeol winks at Baekhyun and the latter shows his disgusted face.

"I--It's cool." Jongin said awkwardly.

"Thank you!" 

Since,Baekhyun made an embarrasing scene,he treats the two in a coffee shop to make it up to Jongin.The shop's atmosphere makes the three comfortable with each other.

"Tomorrow is regulas classes and it's late,we need to get back in our dorm." Chanyeol said after looking at his wrist watch.

"Yeah right.So,Jongin can go back first." Baekhyun said.

"What?" Jongin asks,suprised.

"Um Jongin,wait do you have some kind of nickname?" Chanyeol asked.

"My childhood friends calls me Kai."

"Well then Kai,can you go back first,I have something to finish first."

"Um Ok,sure." Kai stood and leaves the table,leaving the two,looking back a couple of times after he left the shop completely.

 

"God Baek,you're too obvious!"

"You know me." Baekhyun winks. "So shall we?"

 

~~~

 

 

Jongin is already a grown up,he can go back to the dorm at 12 midnight.He is also grown enough to be aware what kind of 'bussiness' Chanyeol will be doing with that so-called friends of his,Baekhyun.He haven't done that kind of bussiness though.

He rubs his forearm because of the chills the wind have given to him.It's cold and silent at night.Too bad he didn't brought a jacket.At the middle of silence,an argument was heard by Jongin.He follows the sound of voices of two people arguing and when he finally found it,he spots a middle-aged man grabbing a boy's (from his university,he noticed because of the shirt with the university's logo printed on it) forearm.

"Let go of me you physchopathic !" The boy screams,his back facing Jongin.

There's two choices for Jongin at this kind of situation,1. Just run and never turn back, and 2. Be a hero.All his life,Jongin have been running,he doesn't know what kind of force making his feet move forward,then he knew that he chosen number two.

 

"Yah! L--let go of him!" Jongin shouts,stuttering.So not cool.

"And who the are you?" The man asks,much tougher than Jongin's stuttering.

"U--Ummm."

"Oh what the heck!" The boy shouts and grabs the Man's (Distracted by Jongin) arm and throws him unto the floor.Yes,Jongin was shocked and steps backwards.

"Let's go!" the boy face him and grabs his hand and runs as fast as they can.Then Jongin realizes it's the boy from before.The boy with beautiful face that turns out to be a black belter.Wow,just wow.

 

They stopped as soon as they got far.They stopped in a park and Jongin breathes for air while the boy giggles cutely.

"That's so cool! Thanks for saving me!" The boy jumps infront of him.He's very cute and attractive,is what Jongin thought.

"W--Well I don't literally saved you,it's more like you save us."

"Nah,his grip won't loosen when you weren't there so still thanks! I'm Kyungsoo and you?"

"K-," Jongin coughs.Yes,he just coughs. "Kim Jongin."

"Kim Jongin." Kyungsoo repeats. "That's a cute name." Kyungsoo added and it feels like all the blood of Jongin's body goes up to his face.

"Wow,you're red now.Must be from the cold air." Kyungsoo said,"Well,I'll be going now! Seeya." 

Jongin is grown up enough to know what he feels right now-----coldness.

 

 

 

 


[Author's Note] Hello again! I tried my best to make this long but yeah,I failed imao.I also tried to be funny but then again failed imao.But still,hope you enjoy today's episode kekeke.Leave some feedbacks,negative or positive,I'll accept it but please try not to be too harsh hehe.Anyeong~

 

+ I'm the one who edited the chapter's poster,sorry if it didn't pass your taste.I'm not that good in graphics either pmsl~