Chapter 2

False Identity

The car stopped in front of the valet parking sign that was centered in front of the two story restaurant. Raymond handed the keys over to the youngster with the red dyed hair. "Careful with my car" Raymond warned before walking briskly inside with Bosco trailing behind.

The restaurant was packed to capacity. Noisy as usual. You could hear the usual laughter, babies crying and loud cursing. The two made their way upstairs to a private room at the end of the corridor. Two men in unison black suits stood on each side of the door. "Hey Ray, Bosco... Joe is inside waiting," the one on the right informed them without any change of expression.

"At last, you guys are here," Joe announced and with his index finger indicated for Raymond and Bosco to take the two seats across from him.

Raymond sat down first and poured himself a glass of wine. "We came here the moment we got your message." Bosco too sat down but didn't serve himself anything.

Joe got up from his chair and walked towards the window. Outside was the skyline of Hong Kong. The different color lights from the various skyscrapers made the view breathtaking.

"Ron is an undercover cop." Joe turned to face his two guests. "You guys were buddies with him. Any explanation?"

Bosco, who was forever the comedian, even at times of distressed forced a smile. "I just can't believe it myself. Are you certain? Could there have been a misunderstanding?"

"Misunderstanding? He's a cop! I set him up to be tested and he failed." Joe searched Raymond and Bosco's face.

Luckily, Raymond and Bosco have been prepared for this. They have discussed how they would react.

Raymond sat back and calmly sipped his wine. "If I have known that Ron was an undercover, you think I would let him off that easily?" He stared straight into Joe's eyes daring him to argue. "I have been working for you for over five years now. I do every and anything you ask of me. I'm amazed that you question my loyalty to the association. Ron is a traitor. I didn't know. Whether you believe it or not, that's up to you. I don't need to explain myself."

Joe who stood staring at Raymond unblinkingly relaxed and sat down. He took a sip of his wine. "Raymond, you know I trust you. You're my right hand man. If I don't trust you who can I trust?"

Raymond picked up his glass of wine and saluted Joe with it. "Thank you. Now that that's over, Bosco and I have dates with some beauties down at the Club. So if you will excuse us, we'll be on our way."

They got up to go and without even a backward glance left the room, down the stairs and out of the restaurant.

Joe faced the closed door. A smile spread across his rugged features. He muttered to himself, "You guys don't know who you're messing with."