The Meeting

The Nth Candidate ( Past Name: Losing You )
"Ummaaaaaaa!" Cried a small little boy as he ran into the cafe and to his mother, hugging her legs and tugging on her dress. His mother, Taeyeon, blinked as she was interrupted from talking to her date. 
 
"What is it, Channie?" Sending an apologetic look to her date that her friend had set her up with, she immediately regretted on suggesting to have their little meeting at her own cafe. She picked her son up and placed the pouting boy on her lap.
 
Chanshik rubbed his eyes with his little hands and crossed his arms. "Changjo was picking on me!" He whined about his younger cousin like a little kid he was, sniffling quietly.
 
Taeyeon just chuckled, shaking her head as she ruffled his messy jet black hair. "I'll tell your auntie Sooyoung to confiscate his toys, arratchi? Now go beg Eunhyuk oppa to make you some cookies." After receiving a bright grin from her son, she lets him off her lap so he could go disturb her head chef instead.
 
Turning back to the other who was secretly trying to hold his laughter, a sheepish smile was seen on her face. "I'm sorry about that, Joonmyun-shi." 
 
Joonmyun just shook his head, clearly amused. He chuckled, "It's alright. He seems adorable. He's your only child?"
 
The young woman just nodded, tapping her fingers against the glass top of the table. Checking the time, she realised they had been talking for quite a while. Time passes by faster than she realises. After a while, Joonmyun had bid goodbye.
 
Taeyeon sat by the window and thought about the date she had which wasn't that bad. 
 
Joonmyun was quite interesting. He was training to be an economical lecturer at a famous university. He wasn't that tall but was taller than her. He had milky white skin that was glowing too much for a guy. He was the same age as she was and had almost the same interests she had. He has always wanted a child. He was perfect.
 
Too perfect.
 
That was what bothered her. She was picky. Yes, she had admitted it when she turned down a guy who was as short as she was ( she needs someone who is at least an inch taller ) - But she couldn't help it. She wanted someone who matched her type. He had to be perfect for her, not perfect in general.
 
Preferably someone who wasn't the ideal guy everyone else is looking for. Then she'd have to fight for him, which she totally has no time to do. Someone who understands her and charms her and only her. Someone who can fulfil Chanshik's needs in fancy toys and expensive candy ( the boy was picky - as learned from his aunt Yuri ). Someone who isn't gonna cower away when a problem comes along like what Chanshik's father had done. 
 
---
 
"You're not getting any younger you know," Sooyoung ranted, taking a bite out of a cookie.
 
The girls were having their usual get-together. Chanshik was playing with his cousins who were years younger than him. But he didn't mind. It was certainly better than just staring at Taeyeon and her friends while they talk about how she needed a boyfriend.
 
"You say that all the time,"
 
"Cause it's true!"
 
Yuri sat there, watching her sisters in amusement. "Yah, Sooyoung. Just because you have Donghae and you two are living happily with rainbows and sunshine, doesn't mean you get to critique on single people's love lives." Sipping her coffee, she nodded her head as if she was agreeing with herself.
 
"Exactly!"
 
Feeling as if she was being attacked by her own two sisters, Sooyoung scrunched her nose. "Aish. Fine. But still, unnie. Chanshik needs a father. Or else, he's gonna grow up to be who knows what. Plus, Joonmyun didn't turn out to be that bad, right?"
 
The eldest of the three sat there, thinking. Well, she had already been on one date and it was quite pleasant. Maybe other guys won't be that bad as well?
 
Finally giving a nod, she heaved a soft sigh which sent her two sisters grinning from ear to ear.
 
---
 
Ring. Ring. Ring. 
 
Sehun's telephone rang annoyingly for what it seems like a century before he lazily picked it up. "Yah! Oh Sehun! Aren't you supposed to be in a meeting by now?" The voice on the other line scloded.
 
The young man rubbed his eyes, processing what the other had said. He then came to his senses a few seconds after, his usually small eyes widening. He muttered a few incoherent string of curses before getting up and stumbling to the bathroom to have a quick shower. After literally dumping a pail of water over him, he got dressed in a button-up shirt and work pants. He slipped his shiny black shoes on before taking his keys and whatever needed.
 
Thinking that driving was a waste of time, he decided to run to work, bumping into people on the way who just glared him off. He reached the expensive glass building and walked in, heading straight for the elevator. Pressing the button, he jumped up and down quickly as if that were to help speed the elevator up.
 
Finally reaching his floor, he raced out of the elevator and stumbled his way into the meeting room. "I'm here---"
 
Blinking, he scanned the seemingly empty room. Then he realised that all of this was just a prank. From behind him, he heard someone clapping their hands in amusement. He grumbled, spinning on his heels. "I'm so gonna get you, Kim Jongin!" He screeched, chasing the tanned other who was already running away, laughing.
 
"Boys! Behave!" A stern voice said which made the two stop and gulp in their spots. 
They shuffled to stand in front of their boss who was also Sehun's father.
 
"Sorry sir," "Sorry appa," they both mumbled with their heads down.
 
Chuckling softly, Oh Byunghee patted the two on their heads. "It's alright. Just behave. We have a big client coming in later on. Oh and Sehun, I want you to go get the coffee today,"
 
Sehun's eyes widened, his lips forming into a pout. "But appa! It's Jongin's turn today!" He pointed in accusation at his cousin who was grinning joyfully.
 
"Don't worry son. Jongin has to take out all of the paper shredders' trash today."
 
And the joyful Jongin's face immediately paled as he realised how many paper shredders there were in every floor. "."
 
"Language, Jongin!" Sehun teased, feeling triumphant. He then made his way out of the building and to a famous cafe nearby that sold delicious pastries and a wide variety of drinks. Putting on his ice prince look ( that usually doesn't work because Sehun is too much of a dork to be one ), he entered the cafe just in time for a little boy to bump into his legs.
 
"Oh, sorry mister!" The boy, who was holding a cookie and had chocolate all over his face, apologised.
 
The sight made Sehun chuckle a bit. He reached down and patted the boy's head. "It's alright, kid." Making his way over to the unusually empty counter, he stared at the menu.
 
"Back again, Sehunnie?" He heard a high-pitched and oh-so-annoying voice say. 
 
An awkward smile was plastered on his face. "Yes, Soojung-shi. I'd like to have the usual please."
 
"Yah, Chanshik!" A voice had caught his attention as he was waiting for his order. He turned his head to see a beautiful young woman chasing after the boy that bumped into him earlier. He wondered, was that his mother? She looked a bit too young to be.
 
Turning to Soojung who was shamelessly staring dreamily at him, he poked her forehead then pointed towards the young woman who was now kneeling down and wiping Chanshik's messy face. "Who's that?"
 
Soojung turned her head to see what he was pointing at. She grimaced, clicking her tongue in annoyance. "She's the owner of the cafe. Kim something." Was the nonchalant answer Sehun heard.
 
Raising his eyebrows, he shook his head. "She's your boss yet you don't know her name?"
 
"Oh I do. I just don't care to tell you,"
 
He smiled wryly as he took his order before paying. Looking at the owner, he decided to approach her 'cause why not?
 
"Hey," He greeted the other who was currently wiping the tables. He takes notice of how hard-working she was even when she's the boss.
 
Blinking, the young woman lifted her head and looked at Sehun, who immediately felt like he was going to melt at the beauty in front of him. Gulping, he introduced himself with a stutter, "S-sehun imn-nida,"
 
"I'm Taeyeon," she smiled, bowing her head. 
 
Was she sent from heaven? - thought Sehun who was mentally gushing.
 
Noticing that he was spacing out, Taeyeon blinked. She patted his cheek gently and Sehun felt electricity shoot down his body.
 
"A-ah. Sorry." He sheepishly replied before realising how his father didn't like cold coffee. Flailing his hands slightly, he quickly bowed to the other in front of him and hastily ran out of the cafe which left Taeyeon dumbfounded. 
 

Author's note ; first chapter up! is it good? o n o - please, comment! I really wanna know your thoughts orz. I tried not to make it boring like before with all the describing of the characters otl. COMMENT PREASE. by the way, I've been typing all my stories on my ipad cause my laptop is in the shop so bare with me lol. 

here is chen for you < 3

- love, me o u o ; meep *^*