Best Friends Can Be Trouble

Best Friends Can Be Trouble

Inspired by this little, precious moment at the Golden Disk Awards. They are so precious I really have no words anymore ;_;

 

 

***

 

Kyungsoo had always thought it was important, in one's life, to be selective on his friendships. That was exactly the reason why he couldn't understand when it had happened, that the most noisy, nerve-wracking, messy and unbearable couple of friends on the entire planet had become his best friends. 

Even less he could understand when he had started accepting - although it almost seemed like he was forced to, probably - their advices, because whatever Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol could advice soon turned out to be a magnet for trouble. 

 

Kyungsoo hated trouble. 

 

It all started on an apparently normal Friday afternoon. Kyungsoo had a day off from his evil cousin course with the threatening figure Chef Goo was and intended to relax, spending the morning in cleaning his shared apartment with Baekhyun and Chanyeol up and then go out for a ride with his bike in the afternoon. Maybe, just maybe, he would have even stopped to Mc Donald's for something absolutely unhealthy if no one ever came to know. It was in the middle of his cleaning up that Kyungsoo realized his plan was going to get destroyed. 

 

Baekhyun popped out from the bathroom silent as a snake, all dressed up and scented of his favorite cologne, smirking at Kyungsoo in a way that immediately darkened the shorter boy's mood.

 

"No."

Baekhyun's expression fell. "But, you don't even know what I wanted to tell you!"

"Whatever it is, no. I know that grin, Byun Baekhyun, it brings trouble."

 

Kyungsoo came back to vacuum cleaning the small dining room knowingly, uncaring if Chanyeol was still sleeping because honestly, it was 11.30AM already. Baekhyun got all thin eyes and arms crossed, puffing his cheeks, and went back to his shared room with Chanyeol for Kyungsoo's joy. Except exactly four minutes later both his roommates were in front of his eyes, firm, and flashed him the most serious gaze they could afford.

 

"Your birthday was two weeks ago and you were so busy with that stupid Chef of yours you didn't even celebrate, nor you gave us the chance to buy you a present."

Chanyeol explained his point as the good talker he was, and Kyungsoo tried to focus on his words despite him being too busy begin shocked over the fact he was already dressed up and scented, too. 

"So, we're going shopping." Baekhyun finished "We will buy you something nice to wear, Kyungsoo, you definitely need it."

"I don't want a present." Kyungsoo protested immediately. They were boy in their 20's already struggling to pay their rent, he had never seen the point in buying useless presents to each other. Clothes were useless, for Kyungsoo's simple self. He would always wear what his mother and aunt bought him at the mall when they could, and he had always been okay with that. He was studying to become a Chef, after all, he didn't have to impress anyone. 

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "In case it is not clear enough, this is not an offer, but an order." 

 

Kyungsoo tried to protest, but Chanyeol was taller than him of a considerable 15 cm and Baekhyun knew some martial art, and he didn't want to be kicked in the . Last time the two forced him to do something so passionately Kyungsoo ended up reversing a can of coke on Chanyeol's boyfriend, Oh Sehun, trying to escape while the others had fun trying almost every clothes exposed in the big H&M store of the capital. Sehun was wearing a shirt from the store, though, and Kyungsoo had to spend the money of his lunch and dinner to buy something Sehun could not even use anymore. 

 

He prayed. 

 

 

-

 

 

Luhan had always thought every person has two kind of best friends: the 'Whatever you do is pure gold for me, and I will always support you no matter what' kind, and the 'You little know absolutely nothing of the world, let me tell you how life goes before you end up single and surrounded by 15 cats forever' kind. 

At least, those were the kind of best friends he had, Yixing and Minseok respectively. 

 

Yixing was his long term best friend, met in high school, in China, and together with him he had moved to Korea when Yixing decided to enter a Korean dance crew and Luhan decided he wanted to follow him to separate from his oppressive parents, who wanted him to take the lead in the family business. Minseok had come soon after, met in the apartment the three of them would have shared once the rent contract was firmed, and all of them immediately got along well, luckily. 

 

They were all extremely different from each other, but it somehow became a positive thing. Whenever one of them needed something, the other two would quickly do anything to help. In Minseok's opinion, in Minseok's most honest opinion, Yixing was fine with his work and friendships, but Luhan wasn't. Luhan needed a good . 

 

Luhan had found two different jobs once he got in Korea, and both of them were stressful enough to bring the boy to lose all his free time. The first job was a trainer for little kids in a soccer school not far away from the boy's apartment, and Luhan enjoyed it a lot considering his passion for soccer. Once he was done there he would move to his second job, waiter in a rather classy restaurant in Gangnam.

 

"I don't even know how you transform from a sweaty mister into a well dressed waiter in a hour and half, Luhan."

 

Luhan always took Minseok's comment as a compliment, but it really wasn't. Yixing told him nothing because Yixing was a very naive and cute boy despite his handsome appearance, but Minseok knew Luhan had to stop working so much, and live a little. He didn't even need all that money. Luhan had took a considerable amount of money from China, an amount Minseok would probably never see even if he worked unstoppably for four years. Luhan had just closed himself in a big bubble of shyness and self-sacrifice, and it had to stop. 

 

He told him blatantly on a Saturday afternoon, after having picked up the most gorgeous clothes from Luhan's closet and tossed them on the boy's bed. "Dress up, we're going out tonight."

"But, I have work-"

"I called the restaurant and told your boss you have been vomiting your soul out since this morning, now dress up."

Luhan's face was crossed by a flash of pure horror. "You did what?"

 

Yixing jumped out from the hallway just then, dressed up in some nice dark jeans and grey wife beater with a colorful shirt on it, his smile was bright "Lu-ge! You never go out with us, I'm so happy you're coming this time."

 

Luhan gasped a few times, trying to say something, but Minseok sent him a clear 'Try to kill that cute smile, I dare you' and Luhan gave up, because he could have never disappointed such a happy Yixing. 

 

"Rule number one," Minseok said later that night, once they were all ready and Yixing was busy closing the apartment's windows "Get to the place in different cars, because if anyone gets his chance to get laid, he can't worry over the others." Luhan became of a bright red at the words, and his condition worsened when he saw Minseok grinning and sneaking a in his jacket. The shorter boy winked at him, mouthing a simple 'You never know when you'll need one'. 

 

Luhan entered his car, alone of course, felling like wanting to die. He had never been a club type, or to say it better, he had stopped being one once he arrived to Korea. He had always been a bit too much of a shy guy but back in China, he liked to go clubbing with Yixing and other friends, if anything, to see Yixing showing off his crazy dancing skills on the dance floor, but he had stopped finding the thing appealing in the new country. He already felt pressured enough not to be a native, and all the languid looks most of men and women he usually met everywhere sent him didn't help him feeling at ease. Luhan preferred to work, surrounded by the people he had gotten close to, and wait for his perfect date to appear from nowhere when it was time to, because at the age of 24 and with a family he had lost all his contact with, he honestly wanted someone to share his life with and live peacefully, not someone to randomly sleep with.

 

Exactly the reason why he had come to hate Minseok for this club thing. 

 

"Damn Yixing and his baby smile." he muttered to himself on his way to the club, 'A nice place with nice people, I assure you. No one will try to harass you, Luhan' as Minseok had explained it to be. Luhan sighed and reminded himself Yixing would be there to dance with his crew, and that was probably the only thing he would have paid attention to. 

 

Once he parked his car and checked the place out from outside, Luhan felt uncomfortableness making his stomach writhe immediately. "Dancing Fox" sounded like a dumb name, and there were so many people he already felt like suffocating.  He tried to move among the ocean of boys and girls dancing even near the bar, and cursed mentally as Minseok and Yixing seemed no where to be seen. That made no sense. 

 

Luhan also hated alcohol, and the fact that there were so many people smelling of it was starting to give him  headache. He seriously hoped to meet his friends soon, because he was not having fun, at all. Not that he was trying to. He sighed at the thought, having to admit he was being so cynical over the whole thing he couldn't even enjoy the music, and the music, at least, seemed nice. With a small smile he accepted the barista's offer to drink something and ordered a lemon soda, making the young boy with colorful hair and piercings all over his face raise a shocked brow. The boy said nothing and just served him, though, and Luhan thought he must have looked really threatening to shut him up that way. 

 

He smirked as he drank, and started thinking Yixing and Minseok had played a prank on him at that point, because they still hadn't arrived. SHINee's "Everybody" started playing just then and Luhan's head snapped up in delightfulness, because he loved the song. Maybe, he could have danced to it at least, even if alone. 

He started moving hesitantly on the dance floor and made room for him among all the other dancing people until he found a quite empty spot and stopped, starting to move his body accordingly to the choreography Yixing had perfectly taught him weeks before. 

 

It was in between his small steps that Luhan noticed him, a thin boy with dark hair and a cute chubby face, wrapped in nice blue pants and a simple white shirt, dancing to the song as hesitantly as he was, looking around with eyes bigger than Luhan had ever seen, looking almost scared. 

 

The sight made Luhan instinctively smile, dazed yet softened. The boy looked like a lost kid, yet he had something handsome keeping Luhan's eyes glued on him. His face, maybe. It was different from anything Luhan had ever seen, in a positive way.  

 

Kyungsoo was thinking of how much of two big es Baekhyun and Chanyeol were to have told him they were going to take something to drink and then never came back, leaving him in the stupid club with the stupid name like a fish out of the water. He was still dancing, though, because he liked the song and because hell, his two friends had spent lot of money for his birthday present, his newest pants and shirt, so maybe he could do something to show them off, even if to no one in particular. It was right then that Kyungsoo noticed someone was actually looking at him, and he wasn't far away either. The boy was dancing in small steps in front of him, almost mirroring his own movements, and the first thing Kyungsoo noticed was a body wroth a long stare, wrapped in tight white pants and a casual blue/red t-shirt, a red jacket covering it. Then Kyungsoo looked up and lost a long breath as he met the soft looking face mirroring him, the prettiest thing he had ever seen, with a pair of bright eyes almost glittering as the boy smiled bashfully to him. They both opened up in a shy smile as they noticed the other's look and kept on dancing, a bit more positive than before, mirroring each other's movements while their eyes stayed glued in a shy glance. 

 

They danced like that until the song finished, and as soon as another one started, they laughed a little, coughing in embarrassment. 

 

"I'm Luhan," Luhan greeted as they found themselves looking at each other's belts, totally unmoving, and Kyungsoo smiled a little. Luhan found the sight incredibly pretty. 

"Kyungsoo."

"Nice to meet you, Kyungsoo." Luhan said in a loud voice, to cover up for the loud music bumping in the little space. He sighed as he looked around, saying a distressed 'God, that's why I hate clubs' that made Kyungsoo chuckle. Luhan blushed although the dark light covered up for him, because he didn't expect Kyungsoo to read his lips. He watched as the slightly shorter boy hesitantly gestured for them to leave the place, and felt his heart suddenly missing a beat. He followed Kyungsoo's steps outside, unable to keep his eyes off the cute looking boy taking a long breath once the cold air of January hit them.

 

"I can't breathe in places like this," Kyungsoo explained, flushed on his cheeks "Oh, and nice to meet you, too." 

 

They shook hands and Luhan smiled, polite "You seem to hate clubs. How came you're here? Oh wait, let me guess. Intrusive friends?" Kyungsoo laughed at the words, immediately nodding "I knew it. That's why I'm here, too. They even bumped me, apparently?"

"Mine, too." Kyungsoo exclaimed, eyes getting wide in surprise, and Luhan laughed with him a moment later. 

 

"Well, we could keep each other company, if you.."

Kyungsoo blushed, "Sure." 

 

He didn't know what had gotten into him, accepting to spend his late evening with a boy he had just met, but Luhan seemed so incredibly nice and too pretty to give Kyungsoo any bad feeling. Luhan didn't know what had gotten into him either, but the cute/handsome boy had left something deep into him. 

 

Luhan pointed to a little restaurant near the club and offered Kyungsoo to eat there, convincing the hesitant boy with a gentle smile when he claimed he did not have enough money to. "You're even dressed up so nicely, let me cover up for you." 

Kyungsoo found himself embarrassed, but not in an uncomfortable way. He felt a strange heat spreading all inside him as Luhan gently offered him to start walking with him. 

 

They sat down in the small, classy French restaurant and Kyungsoo widened his eyes in shock when Luhan ordered, together with their food, a bottle of a very fine and expensive wine. "You must be rich." he said honestly, laughing embarrassedly as Luhan sent him an amused look and smiled.

"I have two jobs. I never really go out so when I do, I tend to treat myself nicely."

"I can see it." Kyungsoo chuckled, and then proceeded with asking Luhan about his jobs, and more in general, his life. 

 

Half an hour into their dinner later, they were comfortably talking about their lives and enjoying the food and the wine Luhan had ordered, cellphones ringing in their jacket long forgotten, at the point that all their friends had started thinking they had gotten kidnapped by aliens. Minseok thought, for a moment, that Luhan could have thought it over and went home, but as his car was still parked outside the club, he discarded the possibility. 

 

"Maybe he really found someone to get laid with." he offered Yixing as another explanation, excited yet shocked at the idea Luhan had taken his advices so wholeheartedly, because it hadn't been long since they had left home.

"I highly doubt it." Yixing answered, but then his slow working mind got occupied with the arrival of his team mate Oh Sehun and his friends, so Minseok decided to trust Luhan's sense of judgment and enjoy his time, chatting comfortably with Chanyeol and Baekhyun while Sehun and Yixing left to get ready for their performance with their leader, Kim Jongin, the guy the entire club was there for that night. 

 

"I've lost Luhan." Minseok said amusedly as they sat at the bar "The first time I managed to get him out and he gets lost."

Baekhyun raised a brow, "I've lost Kyungsoo, too."

As the two of them shared a look at the coincidence, Chanyeol smartly jumped on his stool on Baekhyun's right. "Maybe, they're together."

 

Baekhyun and Minseok's eyes got wide at the possibility. 

 

Meanwhile, Luhan and Kyungsoo obliviously proceeded with their nice dinner, with Luhan's mesmerized eyes looking at Kyungsoo eating his dessert while explaining, animatedly, every details of his lessons with the infamous Chef Goo. "He's like a Korean Gordon Ramsey, but he's the best, so if I want to become someone in this field, I must endure."

"Seems like a nightmare." Luhan sincerely said, so much into the story Kyungsoo found his frowned expression too cute to be real "Did he really stab a knife on your worktable just because you failed at cutting 30 apples in 10 minutes?" 

"You wouldn't believe the things he does." Kyungsoo laughed, amused at his words because once the horrible moments passed, he had to admit lessons with Chef Goo were highly funny. Luhan shivered a little and then smiled, "Apart from getting a headache from kids at soccer practice, my life is not as interesting." 

 

Kyungsoo later found out it to be highly untrue. Luhan liked him enough to ask him out for a long walk once dinner was over, and Kyungsoo felt so strange in walking down the crowed, lively streets of the city with a man he liked really a lot and that, surprisingly, seemed to like his company the same way. He had never been a master in public relationships, and none of the girls he had tried dating before getting tired of love and drowning into his job ever found him as interesting as Luhan seemed to. None of them ever seemed as interesting as Luhan seemed to, for sure. 

 

Kyungsoo walked besides him with simplicity, feeling a strange hold around his heart when Luhan sent him a gentle look, once Kyungsoo asked him why he had moved to Korea, and claimed he liked him enough to speak up on the matter. Luhan had a though past, but he looked like an angel, and Kyungsoo could hardly believe it was possible to be as pure as Luhan was with family issues like his. 

 

It all made Kyungsoo feel a strong desire to wrap an arm around Luhan and hold him, protect him, even if he had no right to. Instead, it was Luhan who suddenly smiled at him and asked, in a shy voice "Can I hug you, Kyungsoo? You seem like freezing." 

Kyungsoo was really freezing. Baekhyun and Chanyeol's clothes were pretty, but uncomfortable to walk in on such a cold night. H nodded without thinking of his answer, because the softness in Luhan's eyes and the one of the arm suddenly wrapped around his shoulders gave him too much happiness to think of anything else. 

 

He felt like he could do anything, with Luhan, and it was a scary feeling, yet a strong one. 

 

They walked like that for a while, and Kyungsoo enjoyed Luhan's animated tales about his first days in Korea, when he couldn't even understand restaurants' signboard and ended up eating in the less advisable places ever, or when he had lost himself down the metro station, and a thief had just stolen his brand new phone. When they walked back to the club, it was deep into night already. 

 

"Do you want to go look for you friends?" Luhan asked, his arm still gently wrapped around Kyungsoo's narrowed shoulders. 

"I have to, I can't go home otherwise."

"I can give you a ride, if you want." Kyungsoo eyed him surprisedly, slightly taken aback at the offer, and the sight made Luhan blush. He parted from the boy and smiled, finding himself mirroring Kyungsoo's figure just like when they had met, few hours before "Sorry, it was a hurried question." 

Kyungsoo said nothing, his lips curved into a little smile, and Luhan lost his breath for a moment as he felt the boy's warm body close in the cold air. He watched Kyungsoo's eyes, nose and lips and felt something unfamiliar moving inside him.

 

"Can I kiss you?" he asked, his voice suddenly low and embarrassed, but hopeful as Kyungsoo blushed and didn't pushed him away.

"Isn't this a hurried question, too?" 

The little tease in the boy's voice made Luhan relax, and he smiled against Kyungsoo as he moved closer and pressed his lips on his hesitantly. Luhan felt like melting, a warm feeling exploding in his chest as Kyungsoo's soft lips brushed teasingly against his, the boy's hands holding Luhan's, his natural scent and warmth making Luhan feel himself inebriated. He proceeded with taking a hold of Kyungsoo's body, wrapping an arm around his waist and pulling him closer while his lips slowly started on Kyungsoo's ones and Kyungsoo pressed their bumping chests together, suddenly opening his mouth for Luhan to enter, the feeling of their tongues meeting making them both release a soft moan. 

 

When Kyungsoo parted, breathless, his lips swollen and his eyes suddenly heavy with a longing he had never felt before, he found Luhan hesitantly ghosting a finger on his cheek while his other hand went to leave soft, burning touches on Kyungsoo's back, from over his shirt. Kyungsoo felt the arousal of having a gorgeous, shy, gentle boy touching him in ways no one had ever touched him, and his blood ran straight to his crotch. 

 

"I'm not really the 'one-night-stand type'." he breathed on Luhan's mouth, more to remind it to himself than anything because in all honesty, Kyungsoo thought he would give up to Luhan, if Luhan asked, even if was against all his principles and believes. 

Luhan chuckled and kissed him again, gently. "I am not, either. I have a in this pocket, but only because my best friend sneaked it into it."

 

Kyungsoo laughed with him as Luhan pointed to said pocket, and while he locked eyes with the sweet boy in front of him, he couldn't help thinking it didn't even make sense, how he would have done everything with Luhan, despite them being almost strangers. He suddenly blushed, but Luhan brought their hands together and Kyungsoo liked the feeling of them touching.

 

"Then.. I guess we shouldn't make this a 'one-night-stand'."

 

Luhan smiled, surprised yet pleased, and hurried Kyungsoo to enter his car to head home. Kyungsoo felt unexplainably right when he entered, and he felt even more as Luhan's intense eyes promised him to make that night even more beautiful than it had been already. 

 

When Kyungsoo checked his phone, a moment after, a loud chuckled left his lips at all the threatening messages Baekhyun had left him meanwhile. Before he could answer the last, mocking one concerning him having disappeared with someone for sure, his best friend called and Kyungsoo picked up with a shy yet amused tone.

 

"Where the hell have you been? What are you doing? Do Kyungsoo, I admit I found it entertaining you had disappeared, but now I'm worried!"

 

Kyungsoo only blushed as he stole a glance of Luhan from the driver seat, immediately going to giggle with him as Baekhyun kept on yelling at him.

 

"I'm not coming home." he only said at one point, and it was enough to make Baekhyun freeze. Before the boy could mock him even further, and maybe even force Kyungsoo to admit he had been right in forcing him to go out - which was something Kyungsoo wouldn't have done even if his life depended on it -, Kyungsoo hang up.

"Your friend seems even more noisy than mine." Luhan took pity of him, but Kyungsoo well knew no other person in the world could be as obnoxious as Byun Baekhyun already. 

 

When they arrived to Luhan's apartment, not much of a short ride after, Kyungsoo quickly followed the older boy inside and tried to relax at the thought of what was about to happen, even if he had been the one wanting it in the first place. Luhan held his hand and left a soft touch on his neck, to help him relaxing, while his gentle eyes went to steal a glance of Kyungsoo's blushed figure. 

 

Kyungsoo would have never, ever thought, in his whole life, that he would have ended up having with a stranger met in a club, where he had been forced to go in the first place, and yet, everything Luhan started doing to him felt like the rightest things ever. From the way Luhan gently claimed his lips, ed his shirt and touched his hot skin, cupped his and sent shivers all over his body as he jerked him off into blankness, everything seemed perfect. 

 

Kyungsoo had long lost his mind when Luhan slid into him and took him, making their bodies become one while stealing his breath, and his soul, until Kyungsoo could feel emotions he had never felt before and the whole world seemed to disappear only to never come back. 

 

It didn't come back as Luhan fell on top of him, either, the noises and smell of still echoing in the darkness of the room. Kyungsoo collected his breath with Luhan stealing glances of him thanks to the vivd lights of the streets outside, and he himself couldn't help staring at the beautiful man - even more beautiful after , he dared to notice - while his cheeks got flushed. Luhan hugged him, keeping him closer on the bed after having quickly cleaned them up, and Kyungsoo felt beautifully peaceful with his skin brushing Luhan's fair one in his sleepiness. 

 

He fell asleep in warm arms, and for how unreal it all seemed, he knew he was resting in the arms of someone who had just changed his life forever. 

 

 

-

 

 

Minseok remembers the day after that like it was yesterday. 

 

Yixing and him had came back home early in the morning after a very fun night with the others, and both of them had much of a shock to notice Luhan's car parked in their garage box. They fought against their sleepiness to stay up and catch Luhan as soon as he would wake up, to finally understand if he had really left with someone the previous night, or had just came back after a while on his own, as the loser Minseok believed him to be.

 

Eventually, they couldn't stay up anymore, after 6AM, and fell asleep on the couch miserably. They got waken up by Luhan yelling at them late in the morning, accusing them to have scared their guest to death when they had gotten up for breakfast and found them snoring loudly in the dining room.

 

It was right then that the two saw Kyungsoo standing bashfully behind Luhan's back, and from then on, it was all a progression of shocked screams and delighted looks, with a bit of Minseok grinning proudly to Luhan and Kyungsoo wanting to bury himself because, apparently, Luhan's friends knew his friends well enough to hang out every saturday, and Luhan and him just had no clue. 

 

"Call Baekhyun, Yixing. Chanyeol was right. These two were really together." 

 

It wasn't the best way to introduce the boy who would have soon turned into your boyfriend to your best friends, but Luhan considered nothing of Kyungsoo and him had ever been ordinary after all. 

 

Now, as they are all gathered in the famous French restaurant Luhan and Kyungsoo had spent their first date/non date in, to celebrate the two's fifth anniversary together, the memories of that forced night at the club brings a big smile on everyone's face.

 

Kyungsoo and Luhan had started off meeting in unusual ways for both of them, but that simple going against their rules, for one night, was enough to bring them together. Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Minseok had always took great pride in their insistence because admittedly, even if they couldn't foresee their fate, it was thanks to them they could meet and become the cute couple they soon became, after only a few dates and lots of shyness that made their love unique. 

 

They were the 'Honey-moon couple', as their friends called them, and even after five long years of growing up together, they have never stopped sharing that unusual, deep and soft care that could make any other person in the world jealous. 

 

"I still love you like the first day, Kyungsoo." Luhan cheers with the same wine he ordered that night, and Kyungsoo smiles softly besides him as he, and everyone, raises his glass.

"For other five years, and the rest of my life after, together."

 

Baekhyun observes the scene with touched tears in his eyes, theatrically weeping them away with a napkin while Chanyeol and Sehun mocks him from their seats and Minseok grins, standing besides a clueless Yixing who is just smiling happily at the sight of the loving expression on Luhan's face. 

 

Best friends can be trouble sometimes - often - but they always have their reasons to be.

 

Kyungsoo and Luhan have long understood it already, and they know they own them everything.