Another Hope

Fated To Love

   The sound of the GPS was the only thing that was keeping her away from freaking out. Thought he had said that he has changed his mind, he had not said a single word durning the whole ride. As if building an imaginary wall, it seem like she didn't even exist.

Much to her relief, they got to the hospital a few minutes later. As she was about to go up, his cold voice was finally heard.

"What is it that you want help with?" He asked rather cautiously.

Looking back, she sighed as she walked towards him.

"This.. I know it might be hard to trust me, but all I need you to do is to back up my credit." She answered back carefully.

His expression unreadable again, he didn't move.

"I swear! I'll pay you back!" She hurriedly added.

After about a very very awkward silence, he started to walk over.

"W..what are you doing??" She asked, rather scared.

Looking at her weirdly, he pointed towards the hospital. "Didn't you want to go there??" He asked her, rather in an arrogant way.

Cursing herself inside, she nodded awkwardly as he rolled his eyes. "Well? I don't have much time. You know."

Nodding, she walked past him without another glance.

Following her quietly, he didn't make any remarks about why they should be here, somewhere in the cancer section for kids. 

Finally stopping by a room, she turned around. "You don't have to come in if you don't want to." She said, looking down.

His expression still unreadable, he replied. "I should know who I'm paying for, right?"

Without looking up, she was silence for a bit until she finally opened the door.

Walking in, he was surprised by all of the toys in the room. It seem like she had spent all her money, buying toys. Looking over, pretty much everything was pink. Finally, he saw her. She couldn't have been more than five years old. what pained his heart was how small she was. She was skinny, her head didn't have a single string of hair. Min Jee however, walked there and smiled as if everything was fine. Why do some people have so much to worry about??

Interrupted by his thoughts, he suddenly realized that they are both looking at him. Coughing awkwardly, he looked away.

"Noona!! Is he your boyfriend??" He could hear her say. "He's hot!!!!"

Both of them chocked. 

"NO!!" They both said at the same time. Looking at each other in surprise, they heard her talk again.

"Oh!! I got it! In process of falling in love???" She asked excitedly.

"NO!!!" They both said again, this time looking at her.

"Ok! Ok! I'm sorry!" She said inecently, taken back.

Both realizing that they had probably scared her, looked away in embaressment.

"Anyoung haseyo oppa, Min Hee nida." She bowed.

"Oh.. Lee Min Ho nida." He replied awkwardly.

"See! I told you that it is Lee Min Ho oppa!!" She said excitedly to her sister.

Looking at them, he thought how cute they look together for the first time.

"Excuse my sister. She doesn't watch any dramas. It must have been weird when she didn't know you." Her sister said cutely.

"Ya!" Min Jee hissed.

"It's ok." He smiled.

"Oppa! I'm a big fan! I love Kim Tan! You and Eun Sung look cute together!" She said excitedly.

"No they don't." Min Jee finally said.

Both surprised and taken back, looked at her.

"Wae? The girl just keeps on running away! She doesn't even deserve the love that Kim Tan has for her." She defended herself.

Surprised, Min Hee tilted her head. "You watch Heirs? Since when? Then how did you not know him?" She pointed towards Min Ho.

"Ever since I found out that he is.." She suddenly stopped, looking down in embarrassment.

That he is an actor. He finished for her in his mind.

"Ya! What are you grinning so largely for?" He heard Min Jee complain.

Taken back, he realized that he must have been grinning.

"Why do you care?" He asked playfully, looking at her blushed face, talking to her in a tone other than cold for the first time.

Even more embarrassed, she looked away. "I..I'll.. Get the food." She stammered, walking out in a hurry.

 The moment she walked out, Min Hee began to laugh, clutching her stomach. Looking at her, smiling, he started to laugh also, his hand in front of his mouth, as if to control himself.

"Op..pa!! You're.. Awesome!!" She said between the laugher. "Nobody.. Can.. Make her.. Blush like that!!"

Feeling somehow proud, he smiled. "That's what I do." 

Stopping for a second, she looked at him. Then, she started to laugh uncontrollably.

"Ya! How dare you laugh at me!"

Both turned around, in surprise. Min Hee started to laugh again.

Looking at Min Hee, he suddenly felt Min Jee coming closer.

Looking at her in confusion, he saw what she was holding, looking at her pleading eyes, he took the bill, smiling. As if taken back by his sudden mood change, the tears came back. Slowly squeezing her left hand, he looked away. "I'll be back Min Hee ah." 

"Ok oppa." She smiled.

Letting go of her hand, he walked out. Moments later, he was signing the credit bill. However, his eyes widened at the sight of the cost for Min Hee's upcoming surgery. 

"Excuse me, is her sister going to pay for this?" He asked the nurse, pointing at the large number.

"Ne, though she will struggle, she doesn't want to give up." The nurse said sadly.

The thought of Min Hee being gone, pained him deeply. Especially when she could have been all Min Jee had. Beside her.. Was the only place that she would smile.

Making his mind up, he looked up.

"I'll pay for it."

Waking back to the room, he realized that Min Jee is sleeping on the couch.

Looking over, he saw that Min Hee was sleeping also.

Smiling at the sight, he took off his coat and put it on Min Jee whose skin was cold. Bending down, he kissed her forehead tenderly. 

Though it pained him that the only time she would look at him was when she needed help, his heart felt at ease that at least he could hold on to her this way. It made him think that there is at least some hope.

Putting his head on her shoulder, he stiffened the sweet smell of her neck. He closed his eyes as he whispered.

"Saranghae.."