Till His Last Breath

Till My Last Breath [One-Shot]

I sat outside of the emergency room, head down and crouched up, hugging my knees. I couldn't stop crying and the tears just aimlessly flowed down my cheeks without control. It had been four hours and I haven't heard anything from the doctors yet.

"You have to hold it in there, Junsu, you have to, for me. Just a little longer, okay? I love you, I love you Junsu, please, just stay in there for the sake of our love, please," I mumbled between my sobs. Just then a warm hand reached my shoulder and I turned around to see Yoochun, Junsu's best buddy.

"Ri In, stop crying, I know how you're feeling right now. Don't worry, I know Junsu can make it through, he's a tough guy. Shh..," he said as he pulled me into his embrace. I sobbed on his shoulder helplessly. He caressed my back in a friendly manner. He was always the one I turned to for comfort when Junsu wasn't around.

"I was too selfish, too selfish, Yoochun, how can I ever forgive myself!?" I cried even harder.

"How did it happen?" he asked calmly. I explained to him.

*Flashback*

"Ri In, I LOVE YOU! I'll get that balloon for you!" he shouted back, smiling.

"NO! JUNSU -" I screamed, but it was too late. Everything happened so fast I panicked and couldn't tell him what was really happening.

The truck barged into him just like that, in a matter of seconds. His smile was the last thing I saw before he crashed onto the floor. The truck went on with its own way without even realizing what it had done. I quickly ran over to Junsu and he was bleeding, bleeding like there's no tomorrow.

"NOO! Oppa!" I shouted as I brought him onto my lap. My white skirt was soon covered with blood in no time. His head was bleeding and so were many other parts on his body. I held his head, supporting him from collapsing onto my lap.

"Ri In, I still have to get you that balloon," he said between his gasps. At that point, I didn't care where the balloon was and what I would do without it. All I cared about was him. He need to be at the hospital NOW.

"No, shh.. oppa, don't talk. You would lose your energy. I'll call the ambulance now, " I said as I landed a kiss on his forehead. He forced out a small smile but I know that under that pure smile of his, was pain. You can see it in his eyes, hiding all the pain he is having now so that I wouldn't worry myself to death. But it didn't help. Since there was no one around at this point of time, I had to do everything myself. I trembled as I got my phone out from my handbag.

"He..hello? Is is this the hospital? Please, SOMEONE IS HURT! PLEASE COME RIGHT AWAY! MY BOYFRIEND GOT CRAHSED BY A CAR!" I yelled because I was so scared of losing Junsu. They tracked my call and came immediately.

"Oppa, please hang on for a little longer, we're arriving at the hospital soon," I told him, tears flowing down my cheeks. I was holding onto his hands but he was just touching mine. He had no strength. I tried to hold in my tears and cheer him up but couldn't. He was in too much pain.

"Ri ri In, don't cry, please...I'm not gone yet, I love you, you know that," he softly said as he squeezed my hands with the little strength he had left in his body.

We soon arrived at the hospital and I had to let go of his hand. He smiled his final smile before going in the emergency room. "Don't worry Ri In, I'll be -" he couldn't finish his sentence. He choked out blood and the doctor told him to stop talking so that his condition wouldn't get worse.

*End of Flashback*

"I'm too selfish, if I hadn't told him to get that balloon and warned him from ahead of time, he wouldn't be in this condition," I said.

"It wasn't your fault, Ri In, it was fate," he said but it wouldn't help. I was the reason for this and I have to pay. Yoochun seemed to be reading my thoughts.

"Please don't blame yourself. Junsu wouldn't want to see you like this," he said. I sobbed harder on his shoulder.

An image of his face came back into my mind again. "You should have seen how hurt he was. His whole face was covered in scratches and scars. And his legs-" I was cut off by Yoochun.

"Ri In, please. I know how hurt he is, but we need to wait here patiently, he'll be fine," he soothed me.

I faced him and said, "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure," he said and it made me feel much better.

Just then the surgeon came out with a frown. He walked towards us and I stood up immediately, curious about Junsu's condition.

"Doctor, how's Junsu?" I asked.

"He's conscious right now," he said.

"Can I go meet him?"

"Wait, I haven't finished explaining yet. Junsu's head got damaged really bad and his other body parts were too. We are trying to save him but I don't think he can hold it for long anymore. He woke up just now and told us that he wants to meet you before he-" I cut off the doctor.

"Don't say IT! Let me go in now," I said and quickly followed him inside. Yoochun went in too.

Tears started to well up again as I saw Junsu lying on the bed not moving. He tilted his head slightly as he saw me walking towards him. I quickly went up to him and hugged him softly. I hid my tears and showed him my happy side.

"You wanted to see me?" I asked. He slowly nodded. He moved his hands and interlocked them with mine.

"Ri In, take care of yourself okay? If oppa don't make it today, you'll still have Yoochun hyung there with you right? You'll take good care of my Ri In right, Yoochun?" Yoochun nodded, he was also holding onto his tears.

"Please oppa, don't say things like that, you're not leaving me, you're not leaving me," I repeated myself.

"I'm not so sure about that Ri In. But you have to believe in yourself and go through every day when oppa's not around okay? Remember, you'll always be my Ri In, the Ri In that oppa loves a lot," he said barely above a whisper.

I sobbed. "I love you too oppa." I bent down to hug him again but he didn't return one. I pulled away and kissed his cheek. He caressed my cheeks and tried to shush me from my sobbing.

"Oppa loves you too, very much, I'll protect you fr-" he didn't continue his words.

"Oppa?" I called. He still didn't say anything. I shook him a little but he didn't move. The monitors started making 'beeeep' sounds.

I started calling out, shouting his name and everything."Oppa! You said you wanted to marry me and have kids with me! And I agreed, oppa wake up!" I started to get wild. Before the accident and before the balloon incident, he had asked me to marry him with his proposal. Now I'm left alone in this world. I cried so hard, shaking his body. The doctor pulled me away from the bed.

"He knew this would happen. That's why he wanted to see you. I'm sorry, Ri In-shii, he couldn't make it through. There was a lot of damage-," he said.

"DON'T SAY ANYTHING!" I shouted at him. "YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO SAVE HIM!"

The doctor refused to say anything. Then I turned to Yoochun oppa who was standing there with his head down.

"You promised me, you said he'll be fine! You lied to me! You said he'll be fine, you said he'll be-" I fainted and collapsed onto the floor.

**********************

I looked down and saw her, my Ri In. Even though she's crying, she still looks beautiful. My grave had been swept and now she kneels there, crying again. Ri In, please don't cry, it hurts me to see you cry.

Since the day I passed away, I made a promise to myself that I'll be her guardian angel.

I wanted to marry you and spend a beautiful life with you. But for now, I'll be up here, waiting for you and guiding you through your life. Be happy Ri In, don't always be sad because of me, because one day, you will be up here with me again. I'll get to see your precious smile again and hold you in my arms so you feel safe and warm. We'll spend our lives happily up here.....

And will never part again, ever.

I love you, Jang Ri In.

*********************

I heard someone call out my name and looked around to see no one but trees and graves. It must be my crazy imagination. I think I've gone crazy ever since Junsu oppa passed away. I miss him so much.

I looked up at the sky. Oppa would be there looking out for me right? I paused when I saw a figure up there.

Is it my imagination again? I see oppa's face in the clouds. I sighed and looked down but looked up again when I heard oppa's voice...

I love you, Jang Ri In.

I don't care if it's my imagination or not but oppa,

Jang Ri In loves Kim Junsu too.

-THE END-