Chapter 38

Don't Hesitate to Steal My Heart Away (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 38: ''Choice Of Love''

 

 

 

____

 

 

 

Kai paced back and fourth in his father's study. He bit his lips and twiddled with his fingers. His heart racing as the clock ticked back and fourth. "Mianhe Jung Ah." He whispered in a hoarse voice.

 

 

Flashback:

 

Kai watched you sleeping peacefully next to him. It was early in the morning. 5:34 am. Why was he up so early? Because he knew what was going to happen soon. He knew the dreadful moment that awaited him. Just like he had guess his phone vibrated on the glass table next to his bed. You stirred at the sound, but continued dreaming. Kai rushed over and looked at the message.

 

"Mr. Kim we have arrived at your house. It's time." The message read. Kai silently cursed because he wanted more time with you. "Just come in. I'll be a few minutes." He texted back to the security guards. He shut his phone off and tossed it on the carpet. His eyes flickered back to you. Tracing your angelic face with his sad eyes. The face he missed so much. 

 

The sound of the door opening startled Kai slightly but he relaxed. Knowing who was entering. Soon the bedroom door was flung open, revealing two of his father's body guards. "Sir we need to go now." One of them said without noticing a sleeping you. Kai quickly looked over at them and put a finger to his lips. They nodded and waited outside. 

 

Kai sighed deeply and sat back down on the edge of the bed. He held your hand and pressed them to his lips. "I'll be back soon." His voice cracked and he let his head hang low as he wiped a falling tear drop. "S-so wait for me. Okay?" Kai tried to hold himself together, but the thought of leaving you again tore him to pieces.

 

"Saranghae Kim Jung Ah. I...-" Kai broke down and let his tears fall. He stood up from the bed and calmed his breathing. Taking deep shaky breaths. He gazed at you again. This feeling was indescribable. It wasn't love that he felt for you, but something more. Something beyond love. A word that doesn't exist in the air of this earth. 

 

He could repeatedly confess to you, but you still wouldn't understand how much he cared for you. How you really were his life. "I sincerely love you. Sincerely." He walked over to you and locked his lips on yours. Already missing the feeling of you in his arms. He pulled away and caressed your cheek before turning on his heel to leave. "Let's go." Kai told the body guards coldly. They sensed his change of mood and felt a bit sad towards him.

 

 

His thoughts were soon interrupted by the sound of the door crashing open. Kai whipped around only to be met face to face with his angry father and worried mother. ''D-Dad...'' He whispered. Mr. Kim stormed up to his son and sent a slap across his flawless face. ''Geuman!'' His poor mother tried pulling his raging father back, but failed. Mr. Kim pushed her back and she stumbled, but managed to keep her balance. ''Omma! Gwenchana?'' Kai ran over to his mother and helped her out. ''Don't play nice.'' His father spat out. He looked up. ''What?'' Kai asked aloud. ''You dare embarrass me in front of the Park family?! And you run away after hearing about your arrange marriage? I had to apologize many times for your stupid behavior! Do you even understand how disrespectful you were being?! Let me guess. You ran back to that worthless girl didn't you?!'' His father yelled out. Kai let go of his mother and shot his father a cold look. ''Did you just say......w-worthless girl?'' He clenched his fists. ''She is that's why.'' Mr. Kim stated without any sympathy. ''DON'T YOU DARE CALL JUNG AH WORTHLESS!'' Kai screamed out. His father only let out a chuckle, sending his son and wife into confusion.

 

''I've always wondered why you rejected the arranged marriages in the past. I never took much thought in it. I thought to myself maybe the time wasn't right. Maybe your still young, so i gave you more time. But it never occurred to me that you loved a low girl like her during that time.'' Mr. Kim shook his head. ''It's not loved but love. Jung Ah isn't low either so stop calling her that. '' Kai growled. ''There are no more chances Jongin. I gave you time to enjoy your youthful moments, but the time has come for it all to end. You need to understand the priorities of being a mature president. Ready to give his all to his company. Because the company is his life. That is what you need to acknowledge.'' His father explained with a serious expression. 

 

This time it was Kai's turn to laugh. ''The company is....life? That's your motto? You think everyone would be happy if they lived by that?'' Kai scoffed. ''What are you trying to say?'' Mr. Kim scowled. Jongin looked up into his father's eyes. ''Life doesn't revolve around a company. Happiness is just a weak word for love. And love is when you find that special someone who never fails to make your heart flutter. Someone you miss even if they aren't in the same room as you. Someone you can tell everything to. A person who comforts and yells at you. Someone you feel the need to protect with every breath and cherish as if they could disappear in any second........that's pure love.'' Kai smiled to himself softly as images of you filled his mind. Mr. Kim bitterly laughed. ''Your still stuck in that phase aren't you? Get it together Jongin! Things like that are fantasies that only exist in childhood fairy tales!'' His father thrashed out. ''Of course you would say that.'' Kai muttered under his breath. ''Enough talk. The Parks have kindly asked to reschedule our meeting in a few hours. Go get ready and this time your staying.'' His father started walking away. ''I've told you before. I'm not getting married to her.'' Kai stated solidly. Mr. Kim turned around. ''Mwoh?'' He asked with a frown. ''In other words. I'm leaving.'' Kai walked out until his father's words stopped him.

 

''I wonder how Jung Ah would feel if she lost her home due to your rash actions.'' His father smirked. ''You wouldn't dare.'' Kai clenched his fists. ''You actually think i would let you get away with everything? Wake up son this isn't dreamland.'' Mr. Kim crossed his arms. ''You want to leave? Fine go ahead! Just remember that your precious girl will receive all punishments. It's all up to you.'' He explained. Kai hesitated a bit before walking towards the door again. Thinking his father really wouldn't do such a thing. 

 

Mr. Kim held the phone up to his ear. ''Continue on with it.'' He ended the call right when Kai came running back into the room. A distressed look upon his face. ''No. You can't! You couldn't have! Tell them to stop right now!'' Kai fumbled with his fingers. ''It's too late Jongin. Too late.'' His father didn't regret anything. ''Please dad!'' Tears blocked his cleared vision in seconds. ''See. I didn't want to come this far, but with your hard headed mind i had too. Blame yourself for my decisions.'' Mr. Kim falsely put his hand over his heart. ''I'll give you one full day to spend as much time as you would like with Jung Ah.'' Kai perked up. What was his father talking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter