Memory

Next Hello
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol tried his best to act naturally in front of Haneul but he knew that the woman is not taking off her eyes on him; she’s not buying it. He wonders if she could sense the secret between him and Baekhyun.

After several minutes, their food came and as a gentleman, Chanyeol assisted Baekhyun in serving food.

 

“Thank you.” Haneul smiled at Baek.

 

The three of them eat their food quietly. None of them dared to break the silence. For a few times, Haneul peek at her new companion.

Girls are known for their instinct and her instinct says to her that there is something weird going on with his boyfriend and his new friend.

 

Haneul pause for a while. She put down her knife and fork and looked up.

 

“By the way, how long are you in a relationship Chanyeol?”

 

Both of the guys perked up. Chanyeol straighten up then smiled shyly at her.

 

“It’s been – “

 

Haneul’s phone rang. She excuses herself for her to answer it. Chanyeol nod at her while Baekhyun looked up at him.

 

“That was close.” Baekhyun muttered as a small smile lit up his face.

 

Chanyeol chuckled at the thought of it.

 

“A small lie won’t hurt her.” Chanyeol told him.

Baekhyun shook his head as he chewed the food on his mouth. He found it ridiculous but then, he has to keep the show rolling. Not just for this dying man but for him to keep his relationship with Haneul.

He admits, he loves her but they’ve been in a relationship for not too long; maybe a month, two months or four months? He’s not even sure of it. All he knew is he has a girlfriend; that’s all.

Sometimes, he would ask himself, ‘Do I really love Haneul?’ or ‘Am I really in love?’

 

“Baek!”

 

“Baekhyun.”

 

“Byun Baekhyun!”

 

Baekhyun snapped out. Finally, he’s back to reality. He’s been drowned with his thoughts for quite some time.

 

“Why?” Baekhyun innocently asked.

 

Haneul sat for a while as she took her white purse on the table.

 

“I have to go. There’s an emergency in the boutique.”

 

“What happened?”

Haneul sighed and raised a brow in annoyance, “Five of our models backed out for the fashion show.”

 

“Okay go.” Baekhyun stood up then Haneul went on his side. Baekhyun kissed her on her cheek.

Chanyeol gaze at them. He tried to remove his eyes from the scene but it’s as if his eyes won’t listen to him. His eyes are glued and it seems like the scene drowns him with inner pain.

 

No string attached Chanyeol.. Chanyeol reminded himself.

 

“Hey, your food.”

 

The moment Baekhyun called him, he’s already at his seat looking at him.

 

“So, we’re left here all alone.” Baekhyun said.

 

“I can go home now.” Chanyeol muttered in a very low voice.

 

Baekhyun chuckled again, “Any appointment mister? Relax, we can have our date today.”

 

Chanyeol put a smile on his face but he admits, it’s hard to pretend that it doesn’t hurt at all. The fact that Baekhyun kissed his girlfriend in front of him made him realize his status – he’s in a complicated relationship; a very complicated one. But, he’s the one who asked this guy to be his boyfriend and on top of that he’s the one who said that there will be no string attached on their deal.

Chanyeol sip on his drink without removing his gaze from the ice moving in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter